Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost 3am, and I am still awake. Why? I don't know. I'm tired, I'm willing to sleep, yet here I am, doing a whole lot of nothing on the computer. I do this regularly - in cycles where I got to bed early, then get progressively later and later until I end up going to bed earlier again to start catching up on the sleep I lost. Why do I do this? It makes no sense, and I am unable to reason myself through it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh goodness, this is exactly what I'm doing. I think (atleast for me) I know I have been doing a whole lot of nothing today, so I cant comfortably go to bed knowing I accomplished nothing in the past few hours :p

I'm gonna actually try anyhow, since you know, its 3 am :eek: You should too

4,757 Posts
Yup, you find so many awesome things to do just before you should turn in. So annoying.

For me, I have the most inconsistent sleep schedule on the planet right now. I don't know when my body is going to need sleep - it could be at 6 in the morning, it could be 6 at night.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I was up until nearly 2am this morning (in the UK - you guys are living in the past :tongue:) but in general I end up going to bed around 10:30pm on weekdays; I have to be up at 5:30am - 6:00am so I have to keep my routine.

When I was a student though I don't think I was ever in bed before 2/3am :unsure:

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Yep. Lately I have been.

My sister (INTP) told me that if you deprive yourself of sleep, some type of chemical called dopamine gets released which makes you happier.
So maybe subconsciously we are doing it on purpose? :mellow:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
My sleep schedule cycles, too. I keep going to bed a little later every night. It's 3 in the morning here and I keep reaching over to stroke the strings on my beautiful new koto that I just won at an auction. I have to do it quietly because the normal people in my household are sleeping. :unsure:

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
6 am here, That's how my sleep has been because if I wake up early enough, and if I don't get enough sleep, my stomach gets ulcers. Its like when I don't get enough rest, I have panic attacks and lose my appetite etc. I can't sleep all night either. It's annoying, and dangerous to me. The last time I had four hours of sleep before going to work, came home after work and couldn't sleep so I waited until almost 4 am. Tried sleeping, then when I tried I woke up an hour later and had freak out. Kept seeing crap pop up in my brain, hallucinations and felt terrified to try to close my eyes. I fixed it by thinking about ogres and dnd characters dressed in drag. Something absolutely retarded and funny. I started yawning and fell asleep.

Reactions: simplisticjoy

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's almost 3am, and I am still awake. Why? I don't know. I'm tired, I'm willing to sleep, yet here I am, doing a whole lot of nothing on the computer. I do this regularly - in cycles where I got to bed early, then get progressively later and later until I end up going to bed earlier again to start catching up on the sleep I lost. Why do I do this? It makes no sense, and I am unable to reason myself through it.
I thought I was the only one! Right now, it's 1:18 P.M. and I recently woke up. My family thinks I'm crazy because I keep on staying up late and going on the computer, but I can't help it! This place is addicting. :crazy:

·
exploring space
9,677 Posts
It happens to me too, but not because I want to avoid sleep but because I like what I do (even if it's nothing important) and I can't stop it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Something about being physically exhausted makes my mind wake up, and I feel so inspired to do stuff! I'm at my most productive just after being awake for 16 hours or so. Physically, I can't take it, but I am so mentally alert. I can't get away with sleeping in, though, so I just lie in bed thinking of all the things I can hardly wait to do in the morning! Then, when the alarm goes off, I can hardly make myself get out of bed...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sleeping like 5 hours every day and I can't control myself:sad: Even if I'm very tired and I know I need to sleep, I know I'll be falling asleep the other day in classes, I always find something to do in the internet or watch in youtube. It's a real addiction to watch or do something related to something that is on my mind in the moment and that I cannot remove from it. Also, after that is like other or 2 other hours before falling asleep because I have a lot of things in my mind:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm avoiding sleep. It's 2am here and i have a fairly important meeting tomorrow afternoon which i need to prepare for all morning but as this is my first time here i figured i would hang around. I call it many things but i know that i am actually just avoiding sleep.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is me as well. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember.

I basically get so tired at night, yet I avoid the bedroom altogether. Then when I can no longer physically keep my eyes open, I crash into my bed and pass out.

It's getting old though...and I need to take the steps to change this annoying habit. But...(insert big "but" right here)...I don't see it happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sleep = Loosing Consciousness ... I procrastinate on that choice, also i wanna things just right now, not to put myself in coma for hours and woke up tomorrow with "blank" mind again.

Now that i have freedom of sleep hours choice ... i go to sleep around 5-6am ... and it sucks! :D i had to switch to biphasic sleep so i could get at least something from a classical daytime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here, I sleep late at night for my age. I try (It's true!) to go to bed early these days (Like 10pm or so, is that good?) because next week i'm going back to school. Well, I manage to lay on my bed alright, but I can't get myself to sleep until 11pm or midnight xD

I think a bit too much, move around a lot, but manage to wake up early still.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
there's just something romantic about the fact that you stay up late to simultaneously discover your identity and find the cure for boredom.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts