Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost 3am, and I am still awake. Why? I don't know. I'm tired, I'm willing to sleep, yet here I am, doing a whole lot of nothing on the computer. I do this regularly - in cycles where I got to bed early, then get progressively later and later until I end up going to bed earlier again to start catching up on the sleep I lost. Why do I do this? It makes no sense, and I am unable to reason myself through it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh goodness, this is exactly what I'm doing. I think (atleast for me) I know I have been doing a whole lot of nothing today, so I cant comfortably go to bed knowing I accomplished nothing in the past few hours :p

I'm gonna actually try anyhow, since you know, its 3 am :eek: You should too

4,757 Posts
Yup, you find so many awesome things to do just before you should turn in. So annoying.

For me, I have the most inconsistent sleep schedule on the planet right now. I don't know when my body is going to need sleep - it could be at 6 in the morning, it could be 6 at night.

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I was up until nearly 2am this morning (in the UK - you guys are living in the past :tongue:) but in general I end up going to bed around 10:30pm on weekdays; I have to be up at 5:30am - 6:00am so I have to keep my routine.

When I was a student though I don't think I was ever in bed before 2/3am :unsure:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
My sleep schedule cycles, too. I keep going to bed a little later every night. It's 3 in the morning here and I keep reaching over to stroke the strings on my beautiful new koto that I just won at an auction. I have to do it quietly because the normal people in my household are sleeping. :unsure:

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
6 am here, That's how my sleep has been because if I wake up early enough, and if I don't get enough sleep, my stomach gets ulcers. Its like when I don't get enough rest, I have panic attacks and lose my appetite etc. I can't sleep all night either. It's annoying, and dangerous to me. The last time I had four hours of sleep before going to work, came home after work and couldn't sleep so I waited until almost 4 am. Tried sleeping, then when I tried I woke up an hour later and had freak out. Kept seeing crap pop up in my brain, hallucinations and felt terrified to try to close my eyes. I fixed it by thinking about ogres and dnd characters dressed in drag. Something absolutely retarded and funny. I started yawning and fell asleep.

Reactions: simplisticjoy

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's almost 3am, and I am still awake. Why? I don't know. I'm tired, I'm willing to sleep, yet here I am, doing a whole lot of nothing on the computer. I do this regularly - in cycles where I got to bed early, then get progressively later and later until I end up going to bed earlier again to start catching up on the sleep I lost. Why do I do this? It makes no sense, and I am unable to reason myself through it.
I thought I was the only one! Right now, it's 1:18 P.M. and I recently woke up. My family thinks I'm crazy because I keep on staying up late and going on the computer, but I can't help it! This place is addicting. :crazy:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Something about being physically exhausted makes my mind wake up, and I feel so inspired to do stuff! I'm at my most productive just after being awake for 16 hours or so. Physically, I can't take it, but I am so mentally alert. I can't get away with sleeping in, though, so I just lie in bed thinking of all the things I can hardly wait to do in the morning! Then, when the alarm goes off, I can hardly make myself get out of bed...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sleeping like 5 hours every day and I can't control myself:sad: Even if I'm very tired and I know I need to sleep, I know I'll be falling asleep the other day in classes, I always find something to do in the internet or watch in youtube. It's a real addiction to watch or do something related to something that is on my mind in the moment and that I cannot remove from it. Also, after that is like other or 2 other hours before falling asleep because I have a lot of things in my mind:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm avoiding sleep. It's 2am here and i have a fairly important meeting tomorrow afternoon which i need to prepare for all morning but as this is my first time here i figured i would hang around. I call it many things but i know that i am actually just avoiding sleep.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is me as well. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember.

I basically get so tired at night, yet I avoid the bedroom altogether. Then when I can no longer physically keep my eyes open, I crash into my bed and pass out.

It's getting old though...and I need to take the steps to change this annoying habit. But...(insert big "but" right here)...I don't see it happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sleep = Loosing Consciousness ... I procrastinate on that choice, also i wanna things just right now, not to put myself in coma for hours and woke up tomorrow with "blank" mind again.

Now that i have freedom of sleep hours choice ... i go to sleep around 5-6am ... and it sucks! :D i had to switch to biphasic sleep so i could get at least something from a classical daytime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here, I sleep late at night for my age. I try (It's true!) to go to bed early these days (Like 10pm or so, is that good?) because next week i'm going back to school. Well, I manage to lay on my bed alright, but I can't get myself to sleep until 11pm or midnight xD

I think a bit too much, move around a lot, but manage to wake up early still.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
there's just something romantic about the fact that you stay up late to simultaneously discover your identity and find the cure for boredom.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.