Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I met this girl a couple years back, but we never talked after. I recently chatted her on facebook and turns out we have a lot in common. We started texting and decided to hang out. As soon as I picked her up I was so nervous to the point of anxiety. So pretty much almost the entire time I was with her I could not be myself and I felt really awkward. My voice would be tight and strained each time I said something because I was so nervous. I feel like I screwed it up, and I don't think she is interested anymore. What do I do???? :confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, you can't blame her for not being interested anymore if you picked her up and acted like a nervous wreck who could barely talk to her. That doesn't make for a good first date/hangout/whatever. Talk to her more through text, wait a bit, and see if she wants to hang out again after you feel more comfortable with her. Maybe make it more casual and bring a friend along to go hang out somewhere so she can see you in a more relaxed state of mind. If you guys are "meant to be" it'll work itself out as long as you don't give up.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Go to a bar next time so you can chill out with a drink! Is that bad advice?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, you can't blame her for not being interested anymore if you picked her up and acted like a nervous wreck who could barely talk to her. That doesn't make for a good first date/hangout/whatever. Talk to her more through text, wait a bit, and see if she wants to hang out again after you feel more comfortable with her. Maybe make it more casual and bring a friend along to go hang out somewhere so she can see you in a more relaxed state of mind. If you guys are "meant to be" it'll work itself out as long as you don't give up.
thanks for the advice. perhaps I should play hard to get and not text her for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts