Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pull my hair out, I swear, people just don't understand my humor sometimes. Long pauses before figuring them out, asking questions to clarify etc. drives me bananas!!

Or maybe I'm genuinely prepackaging my humor? I've been told that my jokes seem "rehearsed", like there's too much backend to them that requires a bit of unravelling to understand rather than quick puns. But these are generated on the fly.

Ever go through this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, all the time. I've given up trying on stand-up comic jokes. There's just something about not being able to deliver the punch and people not laughing. But you know what? That's because they're all dumbshits and our humor is lightyears ahead of theirs. Go ENTPs!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only people who understand us are the NTs ;_;

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. As long as YOU think it's funny who cares if they were smart enough to pick it up or not. I regularly go into laughing fits over the funny things I'm holding in, that I'm not even saying out loud because I know the people around me are to stupid to understand the humor. Of coarse then they laugh at how funny I look just laughing at seemingly nothing, which leads them to believe that I'm a funny guy ... so then I laugh again because they are stupid ..... again. :p

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I just go with it. I take it for granted my jokes suck. People laugh at my responses, both good and bad, than they ever do to the jokes themselves.

In fact. I'd go so far as to say there are two ways to be funny: the way of the comedian, and the way of the comic.

A comedian says funny things. Good jokes with proper timing and punchlines. People laugh at what you say.

A comic says things funny. Bad jokes with great expressions that allow people to laugh at you.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A comic says things funny. Bad jokes with great expressions that allow people to laugh at you.
Thats kind of accurate, my reactions to people not finding things funny is just an avalanche of more funny, although people see it as very eccentric. Its not a bad thing, I like being thought of as a special snowflake, who doesn't? :p

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only people who understand us are the NTs ;_;
Yep, interesting you note this.

Here's a vid where only NTs laughed, and others...well no comments from them. This is me mocking my friends arguing and slipping in a few narcissistic comments.

Warning: Some inside humor halfway in.

The next one had a better response from non-NTs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts