Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I told this girl how I felt, everything has been so awkward and strange between us. We can't talk alone anymore because it just turns into silence, and ever since I told her, we've both had constant times where we just feel like crap all day... And I know it's all my fault. She wants to wait a year before she thinks about relationships, but I feel like if this goes on, I'll lose my only chance. Back before all of this, we would talk all the time. But now, we barely do... Is there anyway I can fix things and make it all better? As if none of this ever happened? I really just want to be friends again...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ever since I told this girl how I felt, everything has been so awkward and strange between us. We can't talk alone anymore because it just turns into silence, and ever since I told her, we've both had constant times where we just feel like crap all day... And I know it's all my fault. She wants to wait a year before she thinks about relationships, but I feel like if this goes on, I'll lose my only chance. Back before all of this, we would talk all the time. But now, we barely do... Is there anyway I can fix things and make it all better? As if none of this ever happened? I really just want to be friends again...
I'm not sure you would be able to remedy your friendship. You have spilled your guts so now the ball is in her court. If there has been a little less conversation(if she's into you) I recommend a little more action.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I know it's easier said than done chap, but you have to just ride out the storm. You aren't at fault for telling her how you feel. It's better, and in the long run, more satisfying to own up to your feelings. However, once you open a can of "could we be a couple?" worms, they take a while to all come out. Next time you're with her, rather than allowing awkward silences to compound, just talk a little. Crack jokes that require you to grab her hand, increase the level of physical contact between the two of you. Work the tension, it can be useful as hell.

All in all, enjoy yourself! You never lose your chance, you just open up to new chances ;).

Reactions: ITB

·
Banned
656 Posts
Let things cool off for a while. For both her and your sake. Then once you don't feel so shitty try to rekindle a friendship if youre both willing. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't work...that's just life. More importantly though, dont beat yourself up over it. You made the right decision to tell her how you feel. It's her fault if she doesn't realize what she's missing out on! Hang in there brother!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts