Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a babyface, which makes me look like a perpetually cute dork. Every time I voice a compliment to a person, I get some weird adoration for it. I like this site because nobody thinks I'm cute here. At all.

"You're a really nice person."

"ZOMG!11!!! THAT SHIT IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD."

("Jeez, I just said she was nice.")
Like, pretty much how you would imagine @Mr. Meepers in real life cute. Okay, maybe not that cute because he takes adorableness to new heights, but hyperbole and all that stuff. (Even though I'm pretty sure I heard Mr. Meepers is actually masculine-looking.)

But it has a dark side. Because of it, nobody finds it easy to see me as a sexual person, which really compromises my ability to engage in dirty talk without inciting laughter.

So, babyfaced people of the world, do you experience something similar? If you did, did you ever get over the initial awkwardness of the "Dammit, I think about sex a lot, too, you know! >.< " and get people to take you seriously as a sexual person? If so, tell me your secrets, O wise ones!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I just joke about it casually in conversation occasionally. As long as it's not too bad, most people think it is pretty funny and will get the idea as well. Hell, I didn't start getting girls interested in me seriously until I DID start joking about sex-related topics (Women think sex jokes are crude? Bullshit).

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l'm sure you can find some ways to amp the freak nasty appeal.

l looked pretty young until l was around 21...still short and ''youngish'' but not quite as adolescent after that.
l guess it doesn't matter much for a girl but l've had similar male friends. Actually, some of them seemed to attract a disproportionate number of women.

Get a Fedora :crazy:

Reactions: Sara Torailles

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just joke about it casually in conversation occasionally. As long as it's not too bad, most people think it is pretty funny and will get the idea as well. Hell, I didn't start getting girls interested in me seriously until I DID start joking about sex-related topics (Women think sex jokes are crude? Bullshit).
Some of my first few lines to my GF when we started dating were:

"I don't really have a manly bone in my body."

"And I suppose I do?"

"I don't think so. We haven't had sex yet."
"Are you a cat person? Because if so, I'd really like to come to your place and stroke that pussy of yours."
I tell those kinds of jokes without thinking about them.

And she takes it to another level. She actually accidentally spills out TMI things without thinking about it. One time she compared a flavor of a beverage to a lube brand she liked.

My big issue is when I hit on her, she says it's hard for her to imagine me like that. And I'm not really a bad dirty talker, as far as I know. I'm just confused.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Lets be honest here us babyfaces are the ones who age the best IMO. :cool:

More to the topic OP you should start slowly just introducing the idea that you are not just some cuddly cute guy. Some women are notorious for creating a very defined image about a man and when that man does something that goes against that image it makes them more than a little confused.

So best option would be to just casually introduce that side in topics. Initially yes you would get the awkward reaction and some people will think you are just joking around because it goes against their image of you. But over time once it becomes a comfortable image to deal with, it works out fine.

Actually an interesting observation I've made is that sometimes the not so sexual initially are the ones who are more sexual within.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
FWIW some people grow out of the baby face. Took me 25 years. Though I was skinny & ripped with lumpy abs & ran a lot etc I had this round lump of fat for a face & people thought I was a teenager. Couldn't grow facial hair either. Around 26 the fat finally melted off my face & I discovered I had cheekbones & a jawline. And started shaving daily instead of monthly. Unfortunately that was a factor in hooking up with my ex wife, so there can be downsides to losing the baby face. Also, I had no idea some guys had baby faces until they shaved their beard. Seems to hide it well.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I want to see a picture of @Mr. Meepers now.

Also, wouldn't the unexpected nature of your sex talk make it have more impact?

That's what I find with swearing. No one expects me to swear so when I do people take notice.

Maybe you need to be more confident in how you say your dirty talk?

EDIT: Also, laughter isn't always a bad thing, though I guess it depends on the type of laughter.
The other day, um, well.... anyway. The point is I burst out laughing. I think it is a response to kind of cover the awkwardness I felt and the fact that the situation was quite funny. I was not laughing at my SO. Well, maybe a little bit. But in a good way. :wink:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've read many scientific explanations (read: theories) as to why males are attracted to females with baby faces and it still inevitably and dreadfully reminds me too much of pedophilia.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
He he I think people must see me as a sweet and polite young man.:proud:
If they went to the NF chatroom they would be VERY VERY surprised! :wink:

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
"Baby FaceFor the final trait of physical attractiveness we'll discuss in this lesson, let's examine the faces of these celebrities, who are considered very attractive by most people. What features do they have in common? You might notice that each person has large eyes, thick lips, a relatively short nose, and a large curved forehead.
These are considered baby face traits, for infants typically have the same facial features. Many studies indicate that the baby face phenomenon, or the tendency to find infant-like facial features attractive, occurs not only because the features suggest youth, but also because they elicit the same warm feelings as our typical response to babies (both human and animal)."

Physical Traits and Attraction: Symmetry, Ratios & the ''Babyface'' Phenomenon

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
To be honest, I get a kick out of that look of shock on people's faces when I start talking sexuality. When he first started dating me, my ex thought because I was all cute and shy (and a virgin at the time) that I was sweet and innocent, but when I opened my mouth on a certain topic once, I literally left him speechless, haha.

It is a little frustrating though, sometimes I'm jealous of other women, because I feel like I just look like a kid to others. How can I ever attract a mate like that? What if I miss out on the right person just because of my appearance? Little doubts like those pop up every once in a while.

People think I'm cute online too though, so I've just come to the conclusion that I just have to work my cute. Cute can be sexy, it's about time the world figures that out, right? :blushed:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts