Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I was so convinced that this site would be down when I tried to look for it again and I'm so happy it's still here! I was here from when I was 13/14 all the way up through a few straggling posts when I was 17/18. The community here helped me through a lot of things, and I have a lot of gratitude for that. Looking back through my old posts today has been a really nice way to reconnect with who I was growing up- how I've changed, but mostly how I've stayed the same, too. Been through a lot of rocky times since then. I'm out of college now and living on my own, and this place is so full of good memories that I'll think I'll be around here and there again.

Anyway, I hope everyone's well. Hello again! :)

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,526 Posts
@HAL 9000

WELCOME BACK!

I think I remember you. I got here just after you did back in 2012. I'm a Host now. I am pretty much doing what the bot used to do. So what did you study in college? What are you doing now for work? Staying safe with the virus? Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Reactions: HAL 9000

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@tanstaafl28

Hey! Thanks for the welcome back- I'm glad to see that ppl from back when I was around are here! :') I'm definitely still poking around figuring out some of the updates.

I stuck with going to school for 3D animation with the intent to work in videogames. And now I freelance doing just that on some independent games, teach a bit, and bartend on the weekends. (I'm definitely nervous about the bartending right now, but what can you do.... ) I also volunteer with a lot of DIY and grassroots orgs and that's been really uplifting and fulfilling to me. With the virus comes a lot of community work to do to help support each other, and while everything's on fire it's really heartening to see people come together. Apart from that, I do think I'm trying to pivot to more illustration/comics/fine art/writing this year. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you're doing well right now, too! Staying safe and healthy and as sane as you can right now <3

·
Beer Guardian
15,526 Posts
@tanstaafl28

Hey! Thanks for the welcome back- I'm glad to see that ppl from back when I was around are here! :') I'm definitely still poking around figuring out some of the updates.

I stuck with going to school for 3D animation with the intent to work in videogames. And now I freelance doing just that on some independent games, teach a bit, and bartend on the weekends. (I'm definitely nervous about the bartending right now, but what can you do.... ) I also volunteer with a lot of DIY and grassroots orgs and that's been really uplifting and fulfilling to me. With the virus comes a lot of community work to do to help support each other, and while everything's on fire it's really heartening to see people come together. Apart from that, I do think I'm trying to pivot to more illustration/comics/fine art/writing this year. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you're doing well right now, too! Staying safe and healthy and as sane as you can right now <3
Glad to see you're staying busy and fulfilled! I'm working from home right now. I started working from home March 19th. My company isn't requiring me to come back into the office until September 8th (tentatively). I work for a global ISP in the Network Operations department. I make sure data gets where it is supposed to go. I'm sticking closer to home. I'm a bit older and maybe just a bit more concerned about what might happen if I catch this virus, so I'm playing it chill. Reading a lot, watching documentaries, chilling...etc. I hope things get better soon, but the way things are going in some parts of the country, I'm understandably concerned. Still glad to have someone who was here back in the day! You can change the coloring of the site to dark mode if you click the three dots at the top right. I know some other tricks, if you are interested. I prefer dark mode myself.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to see you're staying busy and fulfilled! I'm working from home right now. I started working from home March 19th. My company isn't requiring me to come back into the office until September 8th (tentatively). I work for a global ISP in the Network Operations department. I make sure data gets where it is supposed to go. I'm sticking closer to home. I'm a bit older and maybe just a bit more concerned about what might happen if I catch this virus, so I'm playing it chill. Reading a lot, watching documentaries, chilling...etc. I hope things get better soon, but the way things are going in some parts of the country, I'm understandably concerned. Still glad to have someone who was here back in the day! You can change the coloring of the site to dark mode if you click the three dots at the top right. I know some other tricks, if you are interested. I prefer dark mode myself.
That's good that you can work from home for now! It's good that you're doing what you can to stay safe. I'm definitely worried about the amount of people who are not taking this seriously. Some people I know here have been saying: "There are people that were in New York in April.... and people who weren't." And as someone who was... let me just say that no amount of caution is too much.

And oh man thanks lol dark mode is so much better!

·
Beer Guardian
15,526 Posts
That's good that you can work from home for now! It's good that you're doing what you can to stay safe. I'm definitely worried about the amount of people who are not taking this seriously. Some people I know here have been saying: "There are people that were in New York in April.... and people who weren't." And as someone who was... let me just say that no amount of caution is too much.

And oh man thanks lol dark mode is so much better!
Agreed. I see a lot of people who have allowed doubt to creep in because of a certain "divider-in-chief" who seems to thrive on creating fear, division, and controversy, as a means of maintaining control. I am greatly concerned that this individual will get reelected in November, or barring that, refuse to step down if he is voted out. We are entering a new trial for this nation that has lasted over 244 years. I fear we may not last if we don't find a way to grow and adapt as we have in the past.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. I see a lot of people who have allowed doubt to creep in because of a certain "divider-in-chief" who seems to thrive on creating fear, division, and controversy, as a means of maintaining control. I am greatly concerned that this individual will get reelected in November, or barring that, refuse to step down if he is voted out. We are entering a new trial for this nation that has lasted over 244 years. I fear we may not last if we don't find a way to grow and adapt as we have in the past.
Oh man tell me about it. I've been freaking out about this stuff for years now and let me just say I'm not happy that I was right. On the bright side I've been surrounded by some good average people around me just trying to support each other through this, and that gives me hope. It's hard when we don't have much power as random people but at my most optimistic I hope we can build something better out of all the chaos and collapse that's happening now. Gotta have faith in something these days.

·
Beer Guardian
15,526 Posts
Oh man tell me about it. I've been freaking out about this stuff for years now and let me just say I'm not happy that I was right. On the bright side I've been surrounded by some good average people around me just trying to support each other through this, and that gives me hope. It's hard when we don't have much power as random people but at my most optimistic I hope we can build something better out of all the chaos and collapse that's happening now. Gotta have faith in something these days.
I am somewhat on my own these days. It has gotten a bit more challenging not to succumb to the existential dread, but I'm not done yet! I'm going with that.

;

·
Beer Guardian
15,526 Posts
Boy do I feel that. It's a tough time but we'll make it through
Which is why I included the semicolon. It symbolizes: "I'm not done yet!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts