Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Contains spoilers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series*

It just occurred to me how much bad shit happens to Buffy and her friends. Here's why I wouldn't want to be near them:

If you're the main character you die at least twice, are ripped from heaven and is effectively turned into something undead-like.

Willow loves you - Turn into a werewolf.
Willow loves you as well - DEAD!
Xander loves you - DEAD!
Giles loves you - DEAD!
Buffy loves you, and you're a vampire - Sent to hell to be tortured a few hundred years.
Buffy loves you and and you're not a vampire - You live, but bad shit happens to you later in life.
Buffy loves you and you're also a vampire - Driven slightly insane and DEAD!
Buffy loves your friend- DEAD!
You're Buffy's mom - DEAD!
Buffy's teacher - Evil or DEAD!
You're the first slayer to come in after Buffy's first death - DEAD!
You're the second slayer to come in - Turned into a murderous crazy bitch.

Yes, this thread has no real point. It just popped into my brain and I wanted to write it down.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
In all fairness, Faith came around in the end. Willow met Kennedy who helped her activate the other potential slayers, and Buffy admitted that when she's finally "cookies" she will be ready for love. And honestly, I liked that about season 7 Buffy. She knew she wasn't in any position to be in a romantic relationship.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Oh, just wait til you get your hands on the 'season 8' comics. Definitely a fan of both BtVS and Angel. I really wish they didn't get canceled. CURSE YOU FOX!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I was really pissed at what happened to Spike. He dragged himself through hell for her (I have to wonder if he would've changed his tune if she had reciprocated, though... he seemed to like the confrontation and drama, it's a coin flip whether he'd get bored with her if she were to knock it off and give him an honest go), she could've at least learned to look at him with a bit less revulsion. He was giving her everything he had and honestly trying to change for her and she never gave up a chance to berate him.

Yes, he was my favourite... well, him and Willow (I still think Willow is an ISFJ) lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts