Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i got it right this time

Extraverted Feeling: Understanding the extent to which you belong to any object
Extraverted Thinking: Understanding the extent to which any object belongs to you

Introverted Feeling: Understanding the extent to which you do not belong to any object
Introverted Thinking: Understanding the extent to which any object does not belong to you

Cheers!

Its called Bamberg's Possession Theory

Give credit where its due

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
"Understanding the extent to which a glass is full" is logically synonymous with "Understanding the extent to which a glass is not full."

Your descriptions of Fe and Fi, and of Te and Ti, are literally not different.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
JD's theory of Bamberg Objects:

One no more belongs to an object than an object belongs to anyone. Objects simply are, and must be, manipulated to fulfill the purposes set forth by one's self, as this is the fundamental design of objects.

Give credit where it's due.

Thanks

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
570 Posts
"Understanding the extent to which a glass is full" is logically synonymous with "Understanding the extent to which a glass is not full."

Your descriptions of Fe and Fi, and of Te and Ti, are literally not different.
I disagree, given the different assertions the alternatives make. If you take this theory's perspective on Fi, for example, you start from the assertion that you do belong to the object and work backwards from that. Fe, on the other hand, works in reverse. The conclusions, therefore, can end up identical, but the process by which they're reached is entirely different.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
JD, Its not that they actually belong, but rather, the sense of belonging
More seriously now...

Can you give concrete examples? I'm not following this. I've never felt or sensed that I belonged anywhere, to any group, etc., hence my facetiousness.

Also, the only Bamberg I know of talks about linguistics and positioning theory, nothing about possession theory. Do you have any links?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jd,

Bamberg is the online nick I use, named after the town in Germany where i was stationed with the US army.

I could'nt crack the code of Intuition or Sensing, so I cant explain an ENTP

but for thinking and feeling, it goes as follows

The Fe, has a sense she belongs to a group, or anything .....ie objects

and she tried to see the extent to which she belongs

Fi is the opposite, trying to find the extent to which she does not belong

Te, will find the extent to she percieves the object to belong to him

and ti.......etc

These are all a sense of perceptions

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
This is heavily flawed. As an ENTP I use Fe, and I can definitely say I view how I'm seperate, not part of, not belonging to "objects." Always have considered myself outside of any belonging, individualistic.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I think i got it right this time

Extraverted Feeling: Understanding the extent to which you belong to any object
Extraverted Thinking: Understanding the extent to which any object belongs to you

Introverted Feeling: Understanding the extent to which you do not belong to any object
Introverted Thinking: Understanding the extent to which any object does not belong to you
This makes a lot of sense to me (the three bolded ones at least, as those are the functions I'm personally most familiar with.

It works both for how Fe-aux and Ti-tert actually operate and interact in me, and also for the difference between my Fe-aux and my mate's Fi-dom. Nice!

Then it's not really about the extent of anything, but of a perspective.
Its a question of how u perceive things.

Its basically the same, but you see it differently as an introvert and an extravert
@evegenindia, might it be more accurate to describe it in terms of where attention is oriented? Something like:

Extraverted Feeling: Orients attention to the extent to which you belong to any object
Extraverted Thinking: Orients attention to the extent to which any object belongs to you

Introverted Feeling: Orients attention to the extent to which you do not belong to any object
Introverted Thinking: Orients attention to extent to which any object does not belong to you

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The ordering of the functions has no bearing on one's "ability" to use them.
But it does effect the overall dynamic of how cognitive functions interact. So for example, for me Ti is really only necessary to deconstruct Fe-aux material, and Fe-aux developed out of an attempt to correct for Ni's relationship with external cultural material and system (incomprehension). So for me, Ni is the larger field in which everything takes place, Fe tries to correct for certain aspects of Ni, Ti corrects for the harm and inaccuracy that Fe material can cause, with reference to Ni perception plus a standard of analytical accuracy. So in me, Ti balances Fe and Fe comes first in the Ti-Fe interaction, nd the whole thing takes place in reference to Ni. The whole thing wouldn't be necessary if I could just freaking live in Ni-Se mode all the time which I would truly love to do. But anyway.

So the way it would work for you would be different. While the above description may be specific only to me, just for fun if I tried to apply it to your stack, I would wonder first how Ti relates to/interacts with Ne and then what role Fe might play in balancing whatever Ti does.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts