Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate in the last Bane poll, I wanted to post this one to solidify results in case others have changed their minds.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I say Bane is ISTP. He is a master tactician. Talia al Ghul was the strategist of it all, providing an endgame. Plus the way Bane fought with pinpoint accuracy and being very aware of his surroundings. That's well developed Se.

·
Registered
852 Posts
^This

I don't see the purpose of this thread, but I hope people start seeing the XSTP nature of Bane, and less of the ENTJ. If you state a type for Bane, please back it up with evidence, how did you arrive at his type.

Reactions: Mysteryman

·
Registered
699 Posts
ENTJ.

His organization and occupation of Gotham wreaks of Te, and every interaction he has with Batman has to do with his planning and ideology: what Gotham will become and for what purposes in a way that is very Ni. He has strong Se, but is used rather selectively. He rules with an iron fist, but has others do the grunt work. Very limited Fi, but not unheard of either.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know Bane isn't INTJ since he clearly doesn't have inferior Se. Also, how do people see Bane as a dominant Fe?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ENTJ. His organization and occupation of Gotham wreaks of Te, and every interaction he has with Batman has to do with his planning and ideology: what Gotham will become and for what purposes in a way that is very Ni. He has strong Se, but is used rather selectively. He rules with an iron fist, but has others do the grunt work.
Remember Talia al Ghul had planned out the occupation behind the scenes & Bane's interactions with others were very Se & straightforward.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody have pics of Bane with type in it? I've seen one before with xNTJ. Can't remember if it was INTJ or ENTJ.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fe was more Ra's al Ghul. Such as when he said "This is not how man was suppose to live." Ra's was trying to help the good in society. Can't say the same for Bane.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bane has dominant Ti. The way he is detached emotionally from others. Plus in the plane scene when the CIA was acting as if he was killing the prisoners, Bane was thinking internally, "Why shoot a man before throwing him out of plane?" He noticed that logical inconsistency.

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
It's so hard to type supervillians because...well...they're super. You can type specific scenes and see "he seems to be using this and that here" but overall they are always:

1) Intuitive and all encompassing in their evil(Ni/Ne)
2) Quick on their feet (Se)
3) Notice Every Detail (Si)
4) Great emotional manipulators (Fe)
5) Great at understanding themselves (Fi)
6) Superior with logic (Ti)
7) Superior with logistics and external logic (Te)

to such an extent that you can't see which is their weakest...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's so hard to type supervillians because...well...they're super. You can type specific scenes and see "he seems to be using this and that here" but overall they are always: 1) Intuitive and all encompassing in their evil(Ni/Ne) 2) Quick on their feet (Se) 3) Notice Every Detail (Si) 4) Great emotional manipulators (Fe) 5) Great at understanding themselves (Fi) 6) Superior with logic (Ti) 7) Superior with logistics and external logic (Te) to such an extent that you can't see which is their weakest...
doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Talia al Ghul was the strategist of it all, providing an endgame.
This pisses me off.

The fact that he was a puppet without a mind of his own.

It took away from his intimidation and reduced him to an obedient mutt.

You have all this admiration for his strategic plan only to find out it wasn't his doing in the end.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This pisses me off.

The fact that he was a puppet without a mind of his own.

It took away from his intimidation and reduced him to an obedient mutt.

You have all this admiration for his strategic plan only to find out it wasn't his doing in the end.
Well, he still played an important role, for he made sure it happened, no matter what he had to do. Bane & Talia were very much like, for those who watch Star Wars, Darth Maul & Darth Sidious. Talia, like Sidious, was the strategist behind the scenes. Bane, like Maul, was very tactical and quick on his feet but still had developed enough Ni to keep in mind the big picture created by Talia. The Plane Scene is a great example of Bane's tactical abilities. Instead of avoiding the plane and find another way to grab Dr. Pavel, like how an xNTJ would I believe, he went with it, knowing he could adapt if the situation had changed, i.e. if the CIA was killing prisoners. Also, look where he was raised. In a prison where he probably had to be quick on his feet every day, in case there was anyone suddenly attacked him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts