Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
1. What is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life should be created or chosen by each individual, hopefully following what their inner selves tell them. As 4s, as I believe it's closely related to personality, finding identity and meaning, finding who we are and a way to express it, is usually our purpose.

2. Have you discovered a particular purpose to your life?

Not yet. I am a seeker. After I lost the love of my life a month ago I'm more lost than I ever was, with a total lack of purpose, but I'm now finding relief by expressing my self through my tumblr, and in perc, and in writing. I feel my purpose in life will ultimately be expressing my self through some sort of art.

3. What does love mean to you?

A lot. I can't seem to be able to share my life and experiences with many people, and I'm very withdrawn, always. I do need someone who understands me and is there for me, listening to me... Who I can share everything with.

4. What is the most meaningful task you have ever done?

I've done many small, meaningful things... Maybe the biggest one was having the person I loved living in my home for a while, she was from another country... All the time spent with her was the most meaningful for me, but it's painful to think about it now.

5. Is there a book / film / piece of music / other kind of art, having experienced which, your life is substantially different now? How?

So many. Overall, Hermann Hesse's works have inspired me more than anything else, I'd say. How? In the way I think, in how I feel about things... In how I see life. In feeling understood and not alone.

6. Apart from figures in your childhood, is there a person - famous or not - because of who your life is substantially different today? How?

Certainty more of them are writers, filmmakers, thinkers and artists rather than people I've met; there are many of those.. But I should say my ex girlfriend. She truly had the biggest impact.

7. Our life span is a few decades in the history of a species that is 2 million years old; on a planet that is 6 billion years old; in a universe that is 15 billion years old. There were perhaps other universes before and will be after this one. In terms of size, our planet is a speck on a speck on a speck. Given this, is there anything you do or become that can be of any significance?

Not thinking about this kind of things seriously. It might be true, it might be not. No one knows what is there after death. It might surprise us. I guess we won't care much about what happens here when we're gone, anyway. Or maybe we will. I don't know. But at the moment we just have to live our live the way our impulses tell us. Follow our nature.

· Registered
773 Posts
1. What is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life should be created or chosen by each individual, hopefully following what their inner selves tell them. As 4s, as I believe it's closely related to personality, finding identity and meaning, finding who we are and a way to express it, is usually our purpose.

2. Have you discovered a particular purpose to your life?

Not yet. I am a seeker. After I lost the love of my life a month ago I'm more lost than I ever was, with a total lack of purpose, but I'm now finding relief by expressing my self through my tumblr, and in perc, and in writing. I feel my purpose in life will ultimately be expressing my self through some sort of art.

3. What does love mean to you?

A lot. I can't seem to be able to share my life and experiences with many people, and I'm very withdrawn, always. I do need someone who understands me and is there for me, listening to me... Who I can share everything with.

4. What is the most meaningful task you have ever done?

I've done many small, meaningful things... Maybe the biggest one was having the person I loved living in my home for a while, she was from another country... All the time spent with her was the most meaningful for me, but it's painful to think about it now.

5. Is there a book / film / piece of music / other kind of art, having experienced which, your life is substantially different now? How?

So many. Overall, Hermann Hesse's works have inspired me more than anything else, I'd say. How? In the way I think, in how I feel about things... In how I see life. In feeling understood and not alone.

6. Apart from figures in your childhood, is there a person - famous or not - because of who your life is substantially different today? How?

Certainty more of them are writers, filmmakers, thinkers and artists rather than people I've met; there are many of those.. But I should say my ex girlfriend. She truly had the biggest impact.

7. Our life span is a few decades in the history of a species that is 2 million years old; on a planet that is 6 billion years old; in a universe that is 15 billion years old. There were perhaps other universes before and will be after this one. In terms of size, our planet is a speck on a speck on a speck. Given this, is there anything you do or become that can be of any significance?

Not thinking about this kind of things seriously. It might be true, it might be not. No one knows what is there after death. It might surprise us. I guess we won't care much about what happens here when we're gone, anyway. Or maybe we will. I don't know. But at the moment we just have to live our live the way our impulses tell us. Follow our nature.
Adding the two last questions:

8. How old are you?

9. If you like, share one quotation that means a lot to you.

"I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value."
Hermann Hesse

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.