Personality Cafe banner

Basic questions

1355 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  33778
Here are some most basic questions of life, as far as I understand it. Answer in 2 sentences or less.

1. What is the purpose of life?

2. Have you discovered a particular purpose to your life?

3. What does love mean to you?

4. What is the most meaningful work you have ever done?

5. Is there a book / film / piece of music / other kind of art, having experienced which, your life is substantially different now? How?

6. Apart from figures in your childhood, is there a person - famous or not - because of who your life is substantially different today? How?

7. Our life span is a few decades in the history of a species that is 2 million years old; on a planet that is 6 billion years old; in a universe that is 15 billion years old. There were perhaps other universes before and will be after this one. In terms of size, our planet is a speck on a speck on a speck. Given this, is there anything you do or become that can be of any significance?

8. How old are you?

9. If you like, share one quotation that means a lot to you.

*I've added two more questions and altered no. 4 slightly.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
These answers have a 3 month expiration date...

1. What is the purpose of life?

To live as much live that you can.

2. Have you discovered a particular purpose to
your life?

Like, a calling? No, but I feel like I'm getting near it.

3. What does love mean to you?

Love is a regard for another that is acted upon. It means the same to me given or received.

4. What is the most meaningful work you have ever done?

Becoming benign. It sounds dull, but the hard things in life are and I've always had it in my head that it is important to learn to not precipitate harm before you actively crusade to fix it.

5. Is there a book / film / piece of music / other kind of art, having experienced which, your life is substantially different now? How?

A great Science Fiction author once wrote a universally recognized shit novel called 'Number of the Beast'. It opened my mind to possibility when there wasn't much of it in my life.

6. Apart from figures in your childhood, is there a person - famous or not - because of who your life is substantially different today? How?

Nope, I hate the idea of conceding influence to somebody else over my own decisions, even if they were informed by somebody else.

7. Our life span is a few decades in the history of a species that is 2 million years old; on a planet that is 6 billion years old; in a universe that is 15 billion years old. There were perhaps other universes before and will be after this one. In terms of size, our planet is a speck on a speck on a speck. Given this, is there anything you do or become that can be of any significance?

Especially given all this galactic B.S., yes. Significance is perceived by yourself in the moment, not the Universe.

8. How old are you?

9. If you like, share one quotation that means a lot to you.

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe"
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.