Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can see *STP as well as INTJ. He likes to take action and the world's greatest detective implies that he can grasp details that others may miss.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plus he could be ISTJ since he was refusing to change and let go of all his anger even when Gotham had been stablized after The Dark Knight.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Yes, I think the facets shown in the movie run cross-type as stated, he's not one pure obvious type.

I would definitely say, though, that Batman in the movies is not really a heavy philosophical type. He has ideas that drive him, yes, but he's more more about accomplishing and doing and resolving things. I see more Te than Ti, in other words, as a need for him. So even if he would be categorized as N, he would be at one end of the spectrum vs the N-intensive side that needs less resolution and closure.

Reactions: Quirky Retro Angel

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But there can be a type that he matches the most. In The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce gets stuck within being Batman, refusing to move on. (Si). But it could be argued for a desire to be in the action. When Alfred said that Bruce had to use his resources to help Gotham, he refused. (Se)

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I'd say INFJ.
He got a high need to help others, even tho he doesn't actually have to. There's a lot of idealism in what he does, tho he breaks moral codes (as seen in the second movie) to achieve a greater goal. He spend a lot of his money on helping others in different ways.
He isn't bound by Fi which thinks in terms of everyone being unique (TJs got Fi), but rather does what will benefit the majority (Fe) a lot of times.
Definitely a Pi Dom at least. He got a worldview that is set in stone.

He doesn't seem to follow Te thinking either.

when he was in that prison in the last movie, he was told that there was no way to escape (objective data) tho he ignored it and kept trying. This could just be Pi tho.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'd say INFJ.
He got a high need to help others, even tho he doesn't actually have to. There's a lot of idealism in what he does, tho he breaks moral codes (as seen in the second movie) to achieve a greater goal. He spend a lot of his money on helping others in different ways.
He isn't bound by Fi which thinks in terms of everyone being unique (TJs got Fi), but rather does what will benefit the majority (Fe) a lot of times.

when he was in that prison in the last movie, he was told that there was no way to escape (objective data) tho he ignored it and kept trying. This could just be Pi tho.
I also think he's an INFJ; just watched the movie last night, too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well with Ni vs Si, Bruce wanted to preserve the legacy of his father as he sees that to be Gotham. He saw the criminals as trying to destroy Gotham thereby destroying, in his mind, the memory of his family.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd say INFJ.

An Ni dominant would have his mission and he would've moved on when Gotham had been relatively crime-free. Ni is described as Inquisitive then satisfied. But he stays duty-bound in The Dark Knight Rises. When he was in the prison, it wasn't ignoring the objective data, it was his desire to protect Gotham and fulfill his duty as Batman (SJ). The set in stone world view is very Si with learning a set of rules and not changing those views.

·
Registered
585 Posts
He doesn't seem like the world's greatest detective to me, so I would shoot down the opinion above based on that premise. I voted ISTJ based on his mannerisms, zeal for order, and lack of sociability.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
ISTJ. New Batman is 6w5, Keaton was 5w6

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
What's Batman's type? Specifically Christian Bale's Batman.
he's Te/Fi for sure, seems introverted and I think Fi and Te are the middle two functions, so that leaves I?TJ. as for his enneagram type, I think he's 6w5>8w7>3w4 Sp/Sx (though I think Batman in general is an 8w7, but his portrayal in The Dark Knight comes across more head center)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'd pick him as an infj. he's driven to dedicate his entire life to an ideal
But he also is motivated by protecting and stabilizing Gotham. Look at The Dark Knight, when Two Face had Gordon's son as a hostage. Batman had to make a choice. Either have Two Face fall and die, then, take the blame for the crimes to stabilize Gotham and bring order to Gotham. Or he could find a way to stop Two Face without going against his ideal, which is to never take a life. He chose the first option, which to me says ISTJ.

·
Registered
55 Posts
fair point. although i think the fact that he wouldn't go against his ideal (never taking a life), even past the point of allowing a loved one to die in order to maintain it, is a pretty big indicator towards him being an idealist. i'm not saying idealists have more integrity than the other types, it's more that they tend to obsessively cling to their ideals even in the face of more practical and even palatable alternatives.
even the whole ideal of never taking a life smacks of high-minded idealist; a more pragmatically-minded guardian would reason that you've gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fair point. although i think the fact that he wouldn't go against his ideal (never taking a life), even past the point of allowing a loved one to die in order to maintain it, is a pretty big indicator towards him being an idealist. i'm not saying idealists have more integrity than the other types, it's more that they tend to obsessively cling to their ideals even in the face of more practical and even palatable alternatives.
even the whole ideal of never taking a life smacks of high-minded idealist; a more pragmatically-minded guardian would reason that you've gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.
As practical as a Guardian may be, they are quite rule-oriented. Especially rules that are already established, such as Batman never taking a life. He didn't make any new rules. He stuck with just that one. Plus, when you see Bruce see something and then he gets a flashback (Like when he fell from climbing up the pit and he had a flashback of falling into the well. Connecting the present with the past. A key indication of Si. Another way to see Batman as Si is his past being the reason for his present ideal.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was already orchestrated for 2 crooked cops to kidnap Dent and Rachel. Batman killing Joker wouldn't have changed anything either during their battle in the street or in the Prewitt building. Batman recognized that and he also knew he that Rachel wouldn't have wanted him to kill Joker so he didn't.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By the way, the Prewitt building siege scene in the Dark Knight showed Batman appeared to use Ti & Se. He had to react to the SWAT teams as well as Joker's men to keep the hostages alive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts