Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone's avatar. I didn't notice until now it said Battlestar Galactica in it.

It got me thinking, I
(and I apologize if anyone here is in this business but I couldn't afford it, didn't know where to get a hold of it, and TV didn't air it)
downloaded all the seasons of Battlestar Galactica a while ago and I watched through all of it within a week.

The first episode was just dumb, and I still don't like it. "Fracking," annoyed me. I didn't understand anything at the beginning of the show, but I eventually got sucked into it, and I couldn't get enough of it. After a while I thought the show would never end. I thought that I would end up on the final episode with no answers. But damnit, they made an ending, and I swear it pissed me off more than I thought no answers would! The ending was beautiful, just the way I wanted it to be; clever, clever, clever. But damnit, there can be no more Battlestar Galactica! I want Battlestar Galactica back!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Hahaha.

:confused: My avatar is a reference to The Office, but there seem to be more Battlestar Galactica fans around on PerC, according to all the inquiries I have gotten.

I would contribute to the discussion but I've never seen a single episode :(

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I like The Office and Battlestar Galactica. Boo-ya.
I remember the first time I head about the show, and all the hype surrounding it. I remember reading an article online that called it like the best show on television, and I was like "whoa, don't sell yourself short there buddy" and so I decided to check it out. At the time I decided to watch it, it was already starting it's fourth season so needless to say I didn't understand more than half of wtf was going on.

But yeah, once I started from the beginning like you said, I got hoooooked. Unfortunately when I finished watching the first three seasons online and part of the fourth, that's when the show when on its long ass hiatus and dude I was pissed, I had to wait for fracking months before the second half of the fourth season aired. At least you got to watch everything in a week.

And the ending= W.T.F.
To this day, I am still trying to decide whether I like it or hate it.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved the ending. I loved how it was an ending. I just can't believe they did it. And after there was an ending I kinda regret ever saying I wished for an ending. Hah. Yeah, when I heard of Battlestar Galactica I immediately thought of trekker-fans, had to take two steps back to reconsider, because I'd hate to be looked at as that guy with Battlestar Galactica figureenes all over his house. But I think the ending impressed me a lot because it was similar to how I pictured humanity's transformation on earth after I read up on theories on pyramides and the aztecs. Thay we may in fact have rebuilt our civilication, on this planet, over and over again, without even realizing it, because of... natural disasters? Who knows what. It triggers fantasy. It's great.

Did you know, the game Mass Effect is using a similar plot?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Mike, I really hope you watched the pilot mini series before season 1 episode 1. That sets the scene and makes the rest of the show better for it. Because Season 1 episode 1 where they're jumping every 33 minutes is awesome ><!

I'm a nBSG addict to be honest. I nearly wet myself in season 2 a couple of times due to sheer excitement, and then in season 3 episode 4 when the ship falls through the atmosphere launching vipers. Didn't like that 'scar' episode though. Rest were good though.

Reactions: Jazibelle

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I gave up when

They were in that encampment.

might start watching again.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah, the encampent was boring.

But as soon as you pass that it gets better.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd say that 50% of what made BSG so awesome was the music. Bear McCreary is an absolute genius with percussion. Genius with music in general.

Encampment was boring? HA! Because of New Caprica, we got this shining gem:

YouTube - 02-Precipice

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Just saw the first episode and I wasn't really too impressed.
Surely it look great; surely the graphics are modern.
Yet, with the exception of Admiral Adama (Edward James Olmos), most of the characters are really uninteresting and somewhat dull, like second-rate, bad soap-opera actors. It really reminds me of Star Troopers (a movie that had really bad acting)!

On top of this, the show didn't seem too original; it seemed like a rip off of every other science fiction series previously done. It was very soap-opera based with a political/military aspect that got really boring really fast (as it really reminded me of those dull submarine movies). The first episode also really lacks substance of any sort, as there is no real interesting dialogue of any sort (which perhaps changes as the series unfolds). In Star Trek, there's ideological and philosophical themes rolled into almost every plot, so that you're mentally challenged and engaged, so that you are ultimately kept on your intellectual feet. So suffice it to say, it just didn't seem intelligent enough for me, so far, but instead seemed too based on these really uninteresting interpersonal relationships.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Big fan here. After catching the occasional episode, I was finally able to sit down and watch the entire series. Excellent all around. The final episode was a huge let down. So much build up for that? Otherwise, I found it enormously compelling and well-done.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I'm currently watching it XD I know it's a bit behind the times, but I'm also watching Buffy all the way through for the first time so I guess it doesn't matter!
So far I really like it, especially Gaius! I found it funny to see each of my friend's fave characters in relation to mbti type!
Me: Gaius
INFJ: Gaius
ISxx: Kara (hehe like my real name)
ESFJ: Apollo

Also, it was funny to see who hated the president lady.
Me and INFJ loathe her.
ISxx and ESFJ don't mind/like her!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm still watching it, partway through the final season now.

I'm currently watching it XD I know it's a bit behind the times, but I'm also watching Buffy all the way through for the first time so I guess it doesn't matter!
So far I really like it, especially Gaius! I found it funny to see each of my friend's fave characters in relation to mbti type!
Me: Gaius
INFJ: Gaius
ISxx: Kara (hehe like my real name)
ESFJ: Apollo

Also, it was funny to see who hated the president lady.
Me and INFJ loathe her.
ISxx and ESFJ don't mind/like her!
I agree with you and your INFJ friend, that woman seems soulless and none of her positive moments are convincing enough for me. Oddly none of my friends who have also watched it seem to notice, despite the fact that her eyes blatently scream 'mentally unstable' to me.

Apollo really broke out as a character when his political career started, without being constrained by military rules and finally working to escape the shadow of his father he seemed to develop a greater scope for things, I started out thinking he was a bit narrow-minded, although he obviously was going to develop so I was gratified to seem him finally 'grow up' so to speak.

All in all though, awesome show :proud:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I'm still watching it, partway through the final season now.

I agree with you and your INFJ friend, that woman seems soulless and none of her positive moments are convincing enough for me. Oddly none of my friends who have also watched it seem to notice, despite the fact that her eyes blatently scream 'mentally unstable' to me.

Apollo really broke out as a character when his political career started, without being constrained by military rules and finally working to escape the shadow of his father he seemed to develop a greater scope for things, I started out thinking he was a bit narrow-minded, although he obviously was going to develop so I was gratified to seem him finally 'grow up' so to speak.

All in all though, awesome show :proud:
Yeah I just don't like her, she manipulates others and does what she thinks is right rather than listening to everyone. Very soulless!
Ah my ESFJ friend has only seen season 1 as far as I know, she likes the classic type of guy I guess XD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts