Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had several experiences of which you kept envisioning certain things and out of nowhere later they suddenly came true in reality?

I used to envision (without knowing why) me doing something *stupid* with somebody and it came true in reality.

Should we be much more careful about what we tend to mentally visualize? It appears that pictures in our minds can be huge attracting forces if we don't control them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I used to have compulsive thoughts of doing really stupid shit when I was a young teenager, like tearing off my clothes or making out with someone I hadn't ever even talked to, but I never actually did any of those things because there was no way in hell I would actually ever want to do something like that.

I don't think it's about "controlling" your thoughts, but rather being able to think through a situation logically as well as intuitively. Think about what the results of your actions would logically be, and ask yourself if that's something you would really want to do despite where the pros and cons lie?

If you've given in to one of those imaginings, well, I don't know for sure, but it's possible that some part of you subconsciously wanted to. But it is very important to give every part of your mind equal say, including the logical part, so that you won't have a lapse in judgement.

Of course, everyone has lapses in judgement all the time, we're human :crazy: And you can't stop these thoughts from happening, at least from my experience. The more you focus on making them go away, the more they come. So let yourself think these thoughts, but also try and analyze them logically at the same time, rather than giving in to them or pushing them away. It might be hard, but don't give up. I struggled with this for a long time, but now if I ever have a thought like that it's extremely easy to deal with, because I give my feelings only their fair share and leave the rest to the logical part of myself.

I really wish for you to make the best of your scenario and become stronger because of it :happy:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I had daydreamed for years, even decades about meeting the exact right one. I envisioned she would be a certain type of person, ideally matched with my personality.
And it turned out that I met exactly that kind of person for real. The clincher is that I was not actively looking for someone and it was not me but her who made all the 'first moves'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts