Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you INTPs think of beards?

Guys, do you wish you had one? Do you love your beard? Are you indifferent to them? Are they too unconventional? Do they make you feel wise?

Women... your thoughts are also appreciated. What do you think about guys with beards? Or lack there of.

I'm curious to find any trend with facial hair and INTPs... or perhaps I just like talking about beards...

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I, too, have a light beard. I spend my mornings in zombie-auto pilot mode and I just can't be bothered with the daily effort of shaving but I can at least bring myself to run an electric shaver over my face a couple times a week.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Grew a beard out of the fact that I hated shaving. Maybe I would have had it down if I bothered to do it somwhat regularly.

I look a bit more substantial with anything on my chin, another reason I kept it. Otherwise I looked 16, yargh...

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I look a bit more substantial with anything on my chin, another reason I kept it. Otherwise I looked 16, yargh...
Yeah, that's another reason I stopped going for the clean-shaven look. People have thought I'm 18 for the past 10 years. :frustrating:

Reactions: Stephen1

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I go back and forth between having one and not having one. Generally, I grow one in the winter and go clean shaven for the summer. Generally I don't like being so hairy, but the pus is that I can grow a thick, full beard.:happy: (Makes me look rather sage:wink:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Got to wait like 1 more year before I can finally have a full beard, after that, good bye razor.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
...are hot. So long as they are trimmed and kept neat. Rawr.

Those 70's bushy facial afro's have got to go. You look like a hobo.

·
Registered
462 Posts
No one rocked a beard like Billy...

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
My INTP friend looks like Jesus, with his long hair and beard. Everyone calls him Jesus.

2 years ago, he looked like a stereotypical, innocent computer "nerd" (that's a compliment from me; I like nerds). Then, he discovered drugs... The progression was kind of awesome.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I enjoy my beard but only because it's like a hairy, reddish trophy. A while back a few friends of mine got together and said "We really can't see Adam with facial hair". After three weeks of molestache-and-soul-patch-induced shame I finally sprung from my house with a respectable goatee. I've trimmed it now, to Mel Gibson's Snidely Whiplash. I've never felt more proud.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Got to wait like 1 more year before I can finally have a full beard, after that, good bye razor.
I suggest investing in one of those beard and mustache trimmer things.

Personally speaking, my beard grows quite wild if left to it's own devices(which it usually is, and is the reason I shave the majority of it off every month or so).

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I like to be clean shaven, but it's not unusual for me to be too lazy to spend the 3-4 minutes it takes to shave on a weekend. I'll always be clean shaven when I return to work on Monday though.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Choose your destiny:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
my reaction to most all facial hair (with the possible exception of a bit of stubble on some people) is "ew, gross, get it off get it off". :\

·
Registered
702 Posts
I suggest investing in one of those beard and mustache trimmer things.

Personally speaking, my beard grows quite wild if left to it's own devices(which it usually is, and is the reason I shave the majority of it off every month or so).
I do have one of those beard and mustache trimmer things, it's just that it's useless for me since I look ridiculous with a beard right now, as my cheeks are quite devoid of facial hair.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts