Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to know if beating your self up alot is a NF thing?

I always think i should be more this, or more that...should have done this should of done that. it drives me NUTTS!

I also think that people dont like me or have gone of me...when i logically think how i have come to that conclusion..i realise that there is not logic behind it and its completely not true!

My Ne is really strong. i can pick up vibes where ever i go, but i feel where i am also insecure and i can pick up vibes and some how relate them back to myself. like for example if someones rude to me, i assume its me who done something, rather than they are just rude.

arg i always just feel ...off...and i cant seem to shake it and enjoy myslef. hey i know im arkward and maybe a little bit odd, and i like it...but i have a complex that i need everyone to like me..so you can see how nutts i can be :)

anyways wanted a rant, if anyone can relate then feel free! oh im enfp by the way!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I do beat myself up a lot over little mistakes I make or just over my insecurities period. And I've always thought that there was something wrong with me so whenever someone was rude or made fun of me I just assumed they might be right. I think that's basically more from Feeling but the N could be what makes the mind wonder even more when these things come up and makes you feel even more insecure sometimes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can totally relate to what you said about when people making comments it kind of affirms your insecurities so you assume it to be true. when people dont like me i think oh well yeh not many do! rather than maybe im just not their kind of person. i think it is the introverted feeling with the extroverted intuition tbh

weird because i was much more quirkier, less socially accepted and had less friends when i was younger but i was much more confident lol

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Hey just wanted to know if beating your self up alot is a NF thing?

I always think i should be more this, or more that...should have done this should of done that. it drives me NUTTS!

I also think that people dont like me or have gone of me...when i logically think how i have come to that conclusion..i realise that there is not logic behind it and its completely not true!

My Ne is really strong. i can pick up vibes where ever i go, but i feel where i am also insecure and i can pick up vibes and some how relate them back to myself. like for example if someones rude to me, i assume its me who done something, rather than they are just rude.

arg i always just feel ...off...and i cant seem to shake it and enjoy myslef. hey i know im arkward and maybe a little bit odd, and i like it...but i have a complex that i need everyone to like me..so you can see how nutts i can be :)

anyways wanted a rant, if anyone can relate then feel free! oh im enfp by the way!
Yes, it seems to be at least with me. I am overly hard on myself all the time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well it is for me. But my mom's an SF and she does the same thing. I don't know if it's a type thing as much as a "how you were raised" thing. Or maybe it's just an F thing. I can't think of any Ts that do it consistantly.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
ISFJ's are pretty notorious for beating themselves up. They might do it in a different way than NF's do, I don't know. But I agree with Linnifae, it's either not a type thing, or if it is, I think the only preference that makes a difference is thinking vs. feeling.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Registered
61 Posts
yes I can absolutely relate. In a way, its just a human thing. Something that we all have to find a way to deal with and move past in our own way.

On a side note, can someone tell me what Ne means?
I'm sure its on the site, I just don't know where to look.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Many sentences I write here has something in it that makes me hard on myself and I don't even realize it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
On a side note, can someone tell me what Ne means?
I'm sure its on the site, I just don't know where to look.
This may not be the most scientific description, but it's the one that made me understand Ne a lot better (especially since it's the opposite of my dominant function, Si ;) ).

ENFP Wiki

It actually talks about all eight functions, but the Ne description helped me out a lot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This may not be the most scientific description, but it's the one that made me understand Ne a lot better (especially since it's the opposite of my dominant function, Si ;) ).

ENFP Wiki

It actually talks about all eight functions, but the Ne description helped me out a lot.
hey thanks a lot

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Well it is for me. But my mom's an SF and she does the same thing. I don't know if it's a type thing as much as a "how you were raised" thing. Or maybe it's just an F thing. I can't think of any Ts that do it consistantly.
I know a lot of ENTJ's that are terrified of failure, and will be absolutely crushed and beat themselves up if they fail. However, they usually get over it a lot quickly than I do.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Beating yourself up is not constructive, but yes - I do it all the time. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the way I was raised, though - my parents have never been particularly hard on me... I just need to be perfect in everything I do. At least, everything that matters to me. I'm trying to work around it, but it's always there - that nagging little voice that tells you you're not good enough.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I beat myself up a lot. I'm not sure if it is restricted to type (I'm an INFP) or not, but it really sometimes puts me in a very depressed mood. I think that the reason is my parents' dominant Te, the load of put-downs in school, and my Fi, which really destroyed my self-esteem. I'm trying to learn how to get rid of this habit, but no luck so far.:frustrating:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I see my ability to accurately read vibes as a gift, but what's blocking it a couple of times is my fear. Stupid self doubting fear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Fear is enormous in my head. I think it's a weathervane for this self-assault, too. We fear doing the wrong thing, missing the right chance, hurting someone, missing an opportunity, that we berate ourselves frequently and often. At least I do.

Reactions: Bright Laughter

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
It is an F thing overall - to give little value to yourself but place more value on others. This is also why Fs are called the glue of society - they put in extra effort into keeping friendships, try hard to make relationships work with other people, will often readjust themselves to fill needs of the other person. I bet most people taking care of little kids and elderly are also Fs. On relationship surveys F-F and T-F relationships score on higher satisfaction between partners than T-T relationships.

On the downside it is cause of low self-esteem for the Fs (it is not only NF thing but SF also) and also makes it possible for less moral people to take advantage of this.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I don't know if it's necessarily an NF "thing". But yes, I do this. I am very critical of myself and often beat myself up if something doesn't go the way I was hoping when the responsibility is on me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I struggle with this frequently. I often have to take a step back and evaluate my insecurities from a realistic standpoint. If I don't, I'll focus so hard on my flaws and failures that I'll never move beyond them. It can be paralyzing. My only advice is to take a deep breath, close your eyes, take a step forward, and tell that little voice inside to shut the hell up! Works for me... usually. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts