Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
1,636 Posts
@Hycocritical truth teller - I love absinthe and green fairy artwork and depictions :) That's how I found my avatar as well.

View attachment 54076

They have very good artworks on their bottles. But absinthe called green fairy is forbidden in sale in my country (Croatia). Not sure why, forgot the reasons.
I never tried absinthe, don't dare if im honest. But i'll put myself together and try one day.

Reactions: Veggie

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts
I'm a big fan of Jason Chan. His images have this powerful, sensuous quality that sparks the imagination; what we see at the surface gives us a mere taste of the depth to which the still waters run; the paradoxical serenity seems at odds with the undercurrents of unease and chaos that threaten to bubble up. He's so good at blending beauty with abominations into inseparable parts of a whole.

Redemption - I love the juxtaposition of La Belle et la Bête... Cocteau's classic 1940s film.
redemption.jpg

This one's called Twilight Shepard, a title that instantly drew me in... I haven't played Magic the Gathering in ages, but started collecting the cards again after seeing this image. It just evokes so much mystery; a sense of eternal melancholy that is somehow inextricable from the beauty that seems to accompany it so readily.
shadowmoor_twilightshepherd.jpg

Black Widow --- Again, the juxtaposition of contrasting elements is just so boss. The doe-eyed innocent look belies the darker, dangerous facets. I do not see one as a facade covering the other so much as being different (yet equally genuine) facets of a person. Neither is "fake" per se.

blackwidow.jpg

Pandora's Box -- I love the kineticism and gravity of this one.
pandorasbox.jpg

Cocktail Party ... wonderful dark sense of humor and a gorgeous image, to boot.
cocktailparty.jpg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts