Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I go out either by myself or with some of my friends, guys never hit on me. I mean, they'll stare at me and the stupid Alpha males will punch each other and grunt to get my attention, but normal guys never talk to me!

So I was talking to some of my friends last night and one of the guy's friends commented that he would never approach a girl like me. A friend of his agreed. This morning I asked another guy friend- a good looking doctor, and he said that he wouldn't either. These are all really good looking, successful guys!

My question is, WHY??? Honestly, rejection is a part of life, but certainly nothing to fear! What's the worst that someone can say to you? No? If you get rejected, who cares? There are like six billion people in the world. Not all of them are going to be into you and THAT'S OK!

Every person has their ideal "type" of girl/guy that they want, but why not go for what you want? Why is it that guys settle for the girl who didn't dress up to go out rather than those of us who put effort into looking good? We are people too!

But back to ideals. If you like model type, 5'11 size 0 women, why not approach them? If you like girls with huge boobs and pretty faces, why not approach them? Does beauty really intimidate people to that extent? Does it not hurt your pride as much if an average girl rejects you? I don't understand it!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Why should they have to approach you? Surely, you do realize your entire post can be flipped on you...

I'm not saying this is how it is, but it seems like you're the one feeling rejected because guys aren't giving you the attention you want. Your pride is hurt.

I don't think men would have quite the fear of rejection if women handled the situation better. Many women, used to being the one pursued, don't appreciate the courage it takes, and they don't give respect to those who are deemed "not up to their standards".

Perhaps your problem is that you automatically assume that it is your beauty that works against you.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
And I'm in South Florida. Most guys think that women who approach them automatically want sex for some reason. They seem to not be as aggressive when they approach me.
You don't have to "approach" them, just look up when you feel them looking in your direction and smile. A friendly smile once, is often enough to give them the courage to come over. If not once, twice.

I've met a lot of guys at bars. The trick is just to talk to them like people, not flirt and then they won't treat you like they just want you for sex. Never mention sex, or their looks or yours.

Another option is to be friendly with a woman you find interesting and the guys are more likely to approach two woman than they are one because it's less obvious to everyone what's going on. Everyone notices the beautiful girl sitting by herself at the bar. Everyone is watching so there is a lot of pressure on the guy.

Congratulations on being so attractive that men are intimidated to approach you. That must be nice. I don't think you're going to garner a lot of sympathy from women:wink:

If you are seeing "unattractive" or "drab" women being hit on, it's perhaps because they are being friendly.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I just want to know which bar's have beautiful women at them all alone? Must be a rare occasion or something.

Okay now that is out of the way. I agree with Amanda32 a nice friendly women is much more appealing than a women who is stuck on her looks. Also seriously are you looking for a "normal" guys at a bar?
And what OctoberSkye said....

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Why should they have to approach you? Surely, you do realize your entire post can be flipped on you...

I'm not saying this is how it is, but it seems like you're the one feeling rejected because guys aren't giving you the attention you want. Your pride is hurt.

I don't think men would have quite the fear of rejection if women handled the situation better. Many women, used to being the one pursued, don't appreciate the courage it takes, and they don't give respect to those who are deemed "not up to their standards".

Perhaps your problem is that you automatically assume that it is your beauty that works against you.
I'm going to be a bit of a prick here: maybe it's because you have a reputation for being a bitch? Public image is vital to getting a date, and word spreads quickly about girls, so chances are that you have a rather unfavorable public image which is all that most people know. Also, what are you height and bra sizes? Maybe it's because your stature intimidates people.

P.S.: I agree with an above poster. You expect men to be able to put their pride and self worth on the line just for the slim chance that you won't blow them off completely and to them, there is a very distinct possibility that they aren't even good enough to be considered at all. Be more considerate of the sort of shit we have to subject ourselves to just to find out if some random girl even thinks that we're dating material.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Whenever I go out either by myself or with some of my friends, guys never hit on me. I mean, they'll stare at me and the stupid Alpha males will punch each other and grunt to get my attention, but normal guys never talk to me!

So I was talking to some of my friends last night and one of the guy's friends commented that he would never approach a girl like me. A friend of his agreed. This morning I asked another guy friend- a good looking doctor, and he said that he wouldn't either. These are all really good looking, successful guys!

My question is, WHY??? Honestly, rejection is a part of life, but certainly nothing to fear! What's the worst that someone can say to you? No? If you get rejected, who cares? There are like six billion people in the world. Not all of them are going to be into you and THAT'S OK!

Every person has their ideal "type" of girl/guy that they want, but why not go for what you want? Why is it that guys settle for the girl who didn't dress up to go out rather than those of us who put effort into looking good? We are people too!

But back to ideals. If you like model type, 5'11 size 0 women, why not approach them? If you like girls with huge boobs and pretty faces, why not approach them? Does beauty really intimidate people to that extent? Does it not hurt your pride as much if an average girl rejects you? I don't understand it!
If a guy approaches me at a bar, that is automatic rejection right there. I go to bars to meet with my friends and have fun. I do not go out to bars to meet drunk strangers hoping to get down my pants. Plus I feel invaded as I am trying to have a good time with my friends. I know my girlfriends are like that too.

The most I'll do is dance with someone. But it's annoying when they try to get my number afterwards.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
One is happy to approach for the chit chat, I think most men do place this whole rejection thing upon it; weighing up the cost of rejection will cause one to view most situations as too risky to engage in as the risk will often outway reward (most men have a very marginal view of themselves).

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
^ So it's people like you who I click with then blow me off.

Awww.. Mutatio, when did I blow off? I'm sorry I'm such an extroverted bitch! I will write to you.

And did you approach me at a bar once?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

It's a sad fact.

Happens in strip clubs too. The prettiest strippers never make as much as the middle of the pack girls.

Most men don't rank women on a scale of one to ten. It's more of a binary "would you do her yes/no?"

Then in a place like a bar, most men would probably weed out the top 10% as low yield vs the effort and skip you all together.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If a guy approaches me at a bar, that is automatic rejection right there. I go to bars to meet with my friends and have fun. I do not go out to bars to meet drunk strangers hoping to get down my pants. Plus I feel invaded as I am trying to have a good time with my friends. I know my girlfriends are like that too.

The most I'll do is dance with someone. But it's annoying when they try to get my number afterwards.
When I was younger, I only went after women like this... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
First, bars suck. Of course most women are going to be defensive in bars. People go to bars by themselves because they are either drunks or desperate for something or have no where else to go. Not really the top of the dating pool, there.

When I see a beautiful woman sitting by herself in a bar it's like seeing a new Mercedes convertible sitting beside the road with the door open and the keys in the ignition: I assume that either it belongs to someone else who will be along in a second, or there is some serious catch involved.

However . . .

Sometimes I'll walk up to her and from a small distance say fairly loudly "Hey, has anyone come on to you yet here? Can I be the first? You look great! Let's dance like it's junior prom! I know there's no music. I'll hum. You like Led Zep?"

This approach sometimes works, but more importantly it lets both of us know who we are dealing with immediately. The stuck-up whiny coke whore bitches tend to be kind of put off by this. Any woman who responds in a fluid, witty and warm way is probably worth getting to know a bit.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Congratulations on being so attractive that men are intimidated to approach you. That must be nice. I don't think you're going to garner a lot of sympathy from women:wink:
She has a little sympathy from me.

I don't want to sound up myself, but I can relate to this a bit. I used to wonder what was wrong with me when that kind of thing happened. I dressed impeccable, looked after my hair, makeup and figure.
I learnt that your body language can appear really unapproachable without you even realising that you are doing it. The big thing is to look approachable and friendly, smile. For me, I was a little shy, but I later learnt that some people perceived it as snobbishness. Occasionally though, a really confident one would approach me and we'd start laughing about something and that's all good. But just let me say, that there are so many guys that frequent bars just for one night stands, so you have to be mindful of that.

If you are seeing "unattractive" or "drab" women being hit on, it's perhaps because they are being friendly.

I think sometimes the guys have lowish self esteem and perhaps think that the girl they really like would never go for them, so they perhaps aim lower. That, or maybe the not so lovely looking girl has a super personality that makes her irresistable despite her lack of beauty?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
When I see a beautiful woman sitting by herself in a bar it's like seeing a new Mercedes convertible sitting beside the road with the door open and the keys in the ignition: I assume that either it belongs to someone else who will be along in a second, or there is some serious catch involved.
When I was younger and did this stuff, I only went after these.

There is no competition, and they usually have not already been hit on so much that night they have become unapproachable.

It just takes a little more sophistication, and a little longer than a one night stand mindset.

What pinkrasputin wrote above reminded me of what an old door to door salesman once told me.

"The best place to make a sale is a house with a "No Soliciting" sign on it. They put it up to keep you away, because they already know they can't resist."

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
First, bars suck. Of course most women are going to be defensive in bars. People go to bars by themselves because they are either drunks or desperate for something or have no where else to go. Not really the top of the dating pool, there.
Yeah, its a rare night if you meet your perfect match in a bar.

I've heard this train of thought before. I suppose it makes sense.

Sometimes I'll walk up to her and from a small distance say fairly loudly "Hey, has anyone come on to you yet here? Can I be the first? You look great! Let's dance like it's junior prom! I know there's no music. I'll hum. You like Led Zep?"
I love it!!!!!
I once had a guy I met in a bar start singing to me! The fact that he was good looking and confident enough to make a fool of himself won me over.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
It's intimidating approaching a beautiful girl (which you are, no homo even though I am homo) it's not the scary rejection part and the hurt, it's the fact you see a beautiful girl and you don't want to ruin your chance with her because how often will someone like her pop up?

You're saving her almost, it's hard to know what to do once you finally see a beautiful girl because you don't want to fuck it up, even if you believe in yourself and you can handle rejection and you're confident, you don't want to fuck it up after waiting so long. It's like the pressure you feel when you finally get that opportunity, but you fail or chicken out.

That's my experience.

It's intimidating and not all men are cocky/obnoxious gits! They'd feel as if they're not good enough. Maybe someone might cop on and realise they have to take a chance but how many humans have that problem?

If I met my perfect girl without the guidance I had when I was younger, I wouldn't know what to do - so I wouldn't approach her at all.

You should approach them. Fuck gender roles. You fail more when you don't try.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.