Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound as if I'm coming off as arrogant, but that's really not the case. At 32, what I've come to realize is that beauty is really a curse. What I believe happens is, u expect for the feelings u have about ur exterior, to be matched with the ones u have in ur interior....and it never seems to work that way. It seems that it's very easy for me to attract people because of my appearance.....but the people u attract ever seem to have the tools to be able to give u what u want internally. This is the reason, I believe, that u have the "Kardashian syndrome". Basically, they put all that work into being "perfect" physically, when u can obviously see that they(especially Kim), has some serious emotional issues! All that money, time, and energy that goes into making her physically appealing......when all she's really looking for is to be internally fulfilled, and that's just not that easy to acquire. I feel like I've had an epiphany! Lol! Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimmyB20

·
Registered
INTP
7,070 Posts
Now imagine being that same person internally, while having a face like an elephant's arse and the body of an orangutan.

4,926 Posts
Do men care about that, though?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
better to be attractive than to not be.
and it's more in your control than people think.
work out for a year, wash your face daily, and dress properly and guaranteed people think you're attractive.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
better to be attractive than to not be.
and it's more in your control than people think.
work out for a year, wash your face daily, and dress properly and guaranteed people think you're attractive.
I wish it was that simple with this beauty obssesed world.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I wish it was that simple with this beauty obssesed world.
If you're a guy, being attractive isn't more important than having money. Girls are a different thing, but for guys your good looks only go so far.

For guys, it's like a threshold and once you meet it you all start at zero again and get weighed on other factors; money and social standing..

Good health is just self respect. It has nothing to do with sex. But that's just me lol

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
This is only a problem for unintelligent people. I've noticed that men especially who are more attractive than they are intelligent or successful have problems in the dating world. Women want a man who's impressive, not just good looking.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
This is only a problem for unintelligent people. I've noticed that men especially who are more attractive than they are intelligent or successful have problems in the dating world. Women want a man who's impressive, not just good looking.
Yeah, and meanwhile...guys just want an attractive girl, mostly. It's a different life, for men and women, when it comes to relationships. I actually know what op is talking about, but I've always called it the "pretty boy syndrome". It's a lesson many pretty boys go through, I think, that your looks don't matter like they do for women. Have to get over it and do something...because like it or don't, it doesn't matter insofar as being sexless is concerned. Better not to shoot up a sorority though...cough cough..

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Yeah, and meanwhile...guys just want an attractive girl, mostly. It's a different life, for men and women, when it comes to relationships. I actually know what op is talking about, but I've always called it the "pretty boy syndrome". It's a lesson many pretty boys go through, I think, that your looks don't matter like they do for women.
Truthfully, there are women out there who desire a vapid, useless pretty boy as well. And they're the equivalent of the men who want a vapid, useless pretty girl: Old, ugly and rich. For some reason attractive women are still more willing to settle for unattractive, older wealthy men. But the attractive men seem to think they should have a woman who's equally attractive and their same age. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Audrey Hepburn said:
The beauty in a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart; the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring and that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.
Audrey Hepburn said:
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
Audrey Hepburn said:
There is more to feminine charm than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much femininity, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
Audrey Hepburn said:
I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls.
She knows the trick. :kitteh:

4,926 Posts
Truthfully, there are women out there who desire a vapid, useless pretty boy as well. And they're the equivalent of the men who want a vapid, useless pretty girl: Old, ugly and rich. For some reason attractive women are still more willing to settle for unattractive, older wealthy men. But the attractive men seem to think they should have a woman who's equally attractive and their same age. Not gonna happen.
Or unattractive men feel obligated and entitled to have an attractive woman as a partner.

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
From what I'm reading, I got that you have emotional issues and are trying to be fulfilled internally? Am I wrong? Anyway, if I understood correctly, then perhaps you should talk to a therapist or go to some kind of group/meeting about developing yourself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're a guy, being attractive isn't more important than having money. Girls are a different thing, but for guys your good looks only go so far.

For guys, it's like a threshold and once you meet it you all start at zero again and get weighed on other factors; money and social standing..

Good health is just self respect. It has nothing to do with sex. But that's just me lol
I totally agree!

TimmyB20

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think what I'm ultimately saying is, that beauty(for men), ends up being a factor that gets thrown out the window! It seems that it really does only get u so far. And as someone said in this thread, it isn't the same way for us.....if ur a 10, u will be worshipped by men! If I'm a 10, girls don't really care as much.

TimmyB20

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
I was about to write something about avoiding being idealized/demonized and expressing your personality but then I saw this:

I think what I'm ultimately saying is, that beauty(for men), ends up being a factor that gets thrown out the window! It seems that it really does only get u so far. And as someone said in this thread, it isn't the same way for us.....if ur a 10, u will be worshipped by men! If I'm a 10, girls don't really care as much.
It's not your looks, it's your attitude.
If I heard something like that from a man, no matter how attractive, I'd be turned off instantly.

Double standards and stereotypes aren't cute.

Work on your understanding and avoid rating people and judging them on looks only if you don't want the same behavior done to you. Basically, don't be an hypocrite and practice what you preach.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
This may sound as if I'm coming off as arrogant, but that's really not the case. At 32, what I've come to realize is that beauty is really a curse. What I believe happens is, u expect for the feelings u have about ur exterior, to be matched with the ones u have in ur interior....and it never seems to work that way. It seems that it's very easy for me to attract people because of my appearance.....but the people u attract ever seem to have the tools to be able to give u what u want internally. This is the reason, I believe, that u have the "Kardashian syndrome". Basically, they put all that work into being "perfect" physically, when u can obviously see that they(especially Kim), has some serious emotional issues! All that money, time, and energy that goes into making her physically appealing......when all she's really looking for is to be internally fulfilled, and that's just not that easy to acquire. I feel like I've had an epiphany! Lol! Thoughts?

TimmyB20
I don’t want to put negative thoughts into anyone’s minds, but it really does seem true that around age 40 people start to lose their looks. So I think you should enjoy while you’ve got it, you’re on your way to looking older and probably being less outwardly attractive to most.We live in some very youth-adoring societies to be sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was about to write something about avoiding being idealized/demonized and expressing your personality but then I saw this:

It's not your looks, it's your attitude.
If I heard something like that from a man, no matter how attractive, I'd be turned off instantly.

Double standards and stereotypes aren't cute.

Work on your understanding and avoid rating people and judging them on looks only if you don't want the same behavior done to you. Basically, don't be an hypocrite and practice what you preach.
It's not about me, personally.....it's more of a statement of how men and women think differently. Have u ever seen a rich woman, with a young attractive male?? No. Men won't settle for a woman he isn't 1000% attracted to(unless he has to).....a female will. I don't think there's a debate about that.

TimmyB20

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And when I say "rich woman", I also mean super unattractive....that has to go along with it for this argument's sake

TimmyB20

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
It's not about me, personally.....it's more of a statement of how men and women think differently. Have u ever seen a rich woman, with a young attractive male?? No. Men won't settle for a woman he isn't 1000% attracted to(unless he has to).....a female will. I don't think there's a debate about that.
Yes, I have.
I've seen trophy husbands/wives and gold diggers in both genders.
Completely unrelated to my case but I've been breaking age/status dynamics in my relationship too.

If you keep speaking of women and men as if they're a mindless community whose members all act, think and feel the same way, then you've got no rights to complain. You are not looking at a woman as an individual with her own dignity and personality, you're just looking for someone good looking to validate your 'depth' and sorry to say, so far I've seen very little of it. At least be honest about what you want.

If anything "women settle down for rich men, men want a hot woman" is one of the most shallow statements I've ever heard. It's also extremely popular and fueled by pointless social roles so you're not really being discriminated against for your looks, you're driving yourself into that kind of situation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.