Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have been typed here years ago. I was still in my teenage years back then. I think I have changed a lot over the years and would like another typing. I always get INTJ in any online test I take, but it's either I don't know myself that well to confirm or I'm just doubtful in general lol.

So to anyone interested, please give it a shot. I am using the questionnaire by @Entropic because it seemed interesting and I haven't used it before.

QUESTIONANSWER
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.Female. 22. Bored.
Nothing major.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?I prefer the first image because it is more beautiful to me than just a photo of someone eating croissant. I would also enjoy being at the beach at night with the aurora borealis more than I would enjoy sitting in a cafe with someone. I have never seen it in real life; the process of the photons creating such a pretty sight is brilliant.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?A cover letter would mean I'll be highlighting my strengths and downplaying weaknesses. The way I describe myself in social situations is different to that of a cover letter or job interview. But in general, I prefer to describe myself as someone who likes to learn. I'm a curious person and have amassed a pretty good general knowledge as a result. I'm not the best at being friendly and people may find me intimidating (because I look unfriendly, apparently) but that's just because they don't know me yet. I'm a reliable and resilient person.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?I would like to be more fluid. I want to be more approachable, more energetic. I'm the kind who would attend parties but would like to leave early lol. I guess just someone more "out there."

I would not want to be stupid, close-minded or a hypocrite.
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?How people would describe me would vary depending on how close I am to them. People close to me would most likely know that I can be thoughtful and affectionate. But in general, majority would describe me as smart or someone they come to for advice. That's kind of always been how people see me. I don't open up to everyone, and it doesn't help that I apparently have a poker face.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.I used to say wisdom and success. Now, I think I just want to be happy lol. Lately, my decisions have counted towards my happiness (in moderation). I hit a low where I realised if I continued to do things without considering myself, then what's the point? I'd just not wanna be alive and that's not gonna help matters. In the end, we don't have a lot of time on earth. I want to die knowing I was content with the life I lived.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?I'm okay with change. Sure, I like routines because they make life easier but I also vary the process because they get boring too. When I was 18, I moved to a different country to study, never having lived there before, not knowing a single thing about anything. I went there not knowing how to cook anything at all, do laundry, etc. Took a month to adjust, but I quickly managed (I'm a great cook now) and I wouldn't be the person I am today if I didn't take that leap.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.I try to be calm. I can't think if I'm not, and I won't be able to solve the problem if I can't think. I do what is logical or what will alleviate the situation at the very least. But usually I always would rather prevent problems anyway and it's likely I would know what to do if that problem occurs, unless it's a total surprise.... in which case, still, I would be calm and try to solve the issue.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.When I'm enjoying, I become more expressive. I smile more, talk more. Basically, you will be able to tell I like something when I like it. The same way you will be able to tell if I'm not into something.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
One-on-one is preferable because groups can be a little tiring except if I like all members and the environment is not chaotic. I don't see friends often because sometimes I get tired of them. I love them, but sometimes I'd prefer texting lol. To be honest, I don't seek them out.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?People as a whole mean well, but can be very stupid. I don't really know what to say here. I don't have any social norm or values I follow to the T. I just do what I think is "right" and fair. I just make sure to be a decent human being to everyone until they give me a reason to stop caring/communicating to them.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?I'm not opposed or anything. I think it should go to the right person. I have no problems following unless the rules don't make any sense, then I will question them. I don't seek out positions of authority either. I go for it when everyone else is being useless, but it's not an aim. In fact, I wouldn't want the extra responsibilities that come with it.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?I try to find a balance. Order is good, but can be restrictive and boring. Too much chaos is ... too much for me, too. I would like to have some level of both but more order than chaos, I think.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?I think a great fear of mine is not being successful and not being happy if I was. All my life, people have always expected great things out of me. I am actually at a point in life where I am unsure about where to go next. I am studying my Master's degree at 22 years old, and people assume I know where I am going but.. eh. It's in the back of my mind, whenever I make important decisions. It's both a push and a curse.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?My desire in life is to live it knowing I have done something worthwhile. This, in turn, will achieve happiness for me. I think this desire stems from the fact that I grew up being told I have great potential and recognising and knowing that I do. I'm doing it for me. I'll feel like a failure to waste that.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?I feel most energetic when I have something I can hyperfocus on lol. I am an all-consuming person when it comes to my interests and it feels great to have something to spend energy on, something interesting that I enjoy (right now, it's as silly as a single song I keep on repeat or a game I'm replaying [that would be FFVII og] because I'm obsessed). It keeps me going. What drains me, on the other hand, are things I have to do but don't necessarily want to. Yeah, I always do my best because I think I'm just wired to lol, but it doesn't mean I like it.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.Having discovered MBTI during my early teenage years, I've always been fascinated. I always get INTJ in results, but I always feel as if I don't know myself well enough to confirm it, as strange as it sounds. I almost want to be typed something else just for comparison lol. Maybe also the fact that I never really took typings seriously. Apparently, I use Ni but I don't truly understand it. Nothing too deep of a reason, really. I decided to try again because it has been years since my last one and I have grown as a person, at least I'd like to think so.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?No.

Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think you're an INTJ. You shouldn't worry yourself over trying to fit into a box, though.

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're an INTJ. You shouldn't worry yourself over trying to fit into a box, though.
May I know how you came to your conclusion? Not saying that you guessed, I’m just not that adept at cognitive functions anymore. It’s been years since I’ve been on this forum.

I think my annoyance with being INTJ is the fact that they seem to be... everywhere. For something so rare, it’s odd. Either INTJs are simply drawn to personality typings or there seem to be tons of mistypings. I guess I didn’t want to be one.

·
Banned
100 Posts
@Miharu
"I think my annoyance with being INTJ is the fact that they seem to be... everywhere. " It is good to distinguish between those who are INTJ and those who think they are INTJ. INTJ's aren't really that common.

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Miharu
"I think my annoyance with being INTJ is the fact that they seem to be... everywhere. " It is good to distinguish between those who are INTJ and those who think they are INTJ. INTJ's aren't really that common.
Exactly, hence this thread. The easy way out is to be typed as something more common hah.

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts
It's that online tests say literally everyone with a shred of creative energy is an N. As far as your questionnaire, it sounds like you are generically in the I-TJ category. I didn't see anything that necessarily screamed Ni or Si. What I would suggest is reading Psychological Types by Jung, or just the parts he describes Ni and Si and then come back and say what about those you relate or don't relate to.

·
Registered
202 Posts
May I know how you came to your conclusion? Not saying that you guessed, I’m just not that adept at cognitive functions anymore. It’s been years since I’ve been on this forum.

I think my annoyance with being INTJ is the fact that they seem to be... everywhere. For something so rare, it’s odd. Either INTJs are simply drawn to personality typings or there seem to be tons of mistypings. I guess I didn’t want to be one.
All typing is a guess, really. MBTI has an own best judge rule as well.

I just tried comparing what you said to an INTJ. But it's possible that you're a mistyped ISTJ (there are a lot of them), INFJ, or some other type.

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's that online tests say literally everyone with a shred of creative energy is an N. As far as your questionnaire, it sounds like you are generically in the I-TJ category. I didn't see anything that necessarily screamed Ni or Si. What I would suggest is reading Psychological Types by Jung, or just the parts he describes Ni and Si and then come back and say what about those you relate or don't relate to.
I do not have access to Jung's book, but I found Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Types by Isabel Briggs Myers and Peter Myers. Here are some excerpts:

Si:
  • Suppresses as far as possible the objective element of the sense impression.
  • Values the subjective impression released by the object rather than the object itself, of which the individual may hardly be aware.
  • Develops an extremely eccentric and individual inner self, which sees things other people do not see and may appear irrational.
  • Must be balanced by extraverting judgement or it makes a silent, inaccessible personality, wholly uncommunicative with no conversation except conventional banalities about the weather and other collective interest.
Ni:
  • Uses objective situation in the interests of the inner understanding.
  • Finds self-expression difficult.
  • Finds its greatest value lies in the interpretation of life and promotion of understanding.
  • Requires the development of balancing judgement not only for the criticism and evaluation of intuitive understanding but to enable it to impart its vision to others and bring them to practical usefulness in the world.
If I had to choose between the two that I think describes me more, I'd say Ni. I also found Se descriptions far more relatable to Si while Ne seemed a little more focused on outer objectives than I normally am, it's a little more scattered.

I also decided to answer the questionnaire by @Jinsei, maybe it'll help.

QUESTIONANSWER
SCENARIO 1
FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
I am applying this situation to my current partner. He always tells me that we should not hide significant things to each other, so he would be breaking his own rule. I would feel a little betrayed, a little mad, but in the end I would also understand because he obviously hid it because he did not want me to worry. I would remind him that we promised not to hide things from each other. I especially do not appreciate having to find out about this from others. However, despite my anger, ultimately, he is more important. I would be there to support him and help him in the entire process of his healthcare. I think in this situation, I would care more about him than myself; he's the one with the cancer. My feelings, though hurt, aren't as important.
SCENARIO 2
FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?
- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
It probably depends on how close I am to this person or if I like them... cause if not, I may not care.

I know we are not supposed to cheat, but it's not a big deal to me. I've helped classmates in the past. I used to post select chemistry and physics answers to my Facebook group with friends (but only the difficult ones). I would probably give them just enough to pass since they don't deserve high marks either.

Depending on how much time I have on my hands and how much I care about this person, I may teach/tutor. It's just that I am not the best at that; I don't have that much patience when I have to repeat myself/explain the same thing over and over... but again, my patience would highly depend on how strong my affection is towards this person.

So my help would extend as far as just letting this roommate pass, not necessarily achieve good marks... if I have a good relationship with them.
SCENARIO 3
FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
My answer here will be influenced by my current situation with my Master's degree. I am working with a group on something large, much like Project 1 and that sucks. Collective effort on such a broad thing just means more diplomacy to deal with. Sometimes I want to just put my foot down and say I want us to do X because it makes the most sense towards our goal, but because of the whole group thing, I have to be more.... "Uhh, guys, you may wanna consider X." I'm over it right now.

I'd go for Project 2. It may be narrow and specific, but now I get to do what I want since I'll be working alone. It may not have a big impact on the company operations, but I would have improved a problem I have identified. "The problem you were working on will be fundamentally understood," sounds pretty satisfying to me right now.

BUT if I was trying to advance my position or "achieve" a bigger goal for the sake of my employment, I might go through the bore that is Project 1 for that sole reason... but assuming that I'm satisfied where I am and do not necessarily need any lifting, I'll go with Project 2.
SCENARIO 4
FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
First of all, I am glad that the three individuals have strong work ethic and actually contribute. I have so far never been in a group where I did not have to be the leader. I do not even like to lead, I do not like the added responsibility but I am way too often pushed to take ownership because most groups I have been with are just terrible.

So this sounds like a dream to me. I would listen to everyone's ideas and we can pick out the best ones that will best accomplish our project's objectives. Hopefully, since they seem like capable people, one of them would lead the group and I'll be happy being the background person or something. As long as my ideas (when and if they are good) are accepted, that's all that matters to me.
SCENARIO 5
FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?
- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
I'd be playing games (I'm trying to go through all the Final Fantasy games) or reading the Witcher series since I'm only on book 2.

Having a long week means I'm probably physically and mentally tired so I would need the time to wind down and do the things I love so I can relax and get ready for the next hectic week of my life. Depending on whether the weather is good, I might take a walk. But if I had been out the entire week, I probably would choose to stay in and play/read.
SCENARIO 6
FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?
- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?
- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
1. Medical doctor
2. Entrepreneur
3. Scientist

I chose those 3 because I think those are the ones that probably will make me feel fulfilled. I have a strong admiration for medical doctors, too. It might be because I like medical science in general. I like to think of it as my profession in another timeline haha. Being able to do something you love and saving people in the process sounds pretty great to me. I also admire entrepreneurs, they are risk-takers with a vision. My current career path is more towards this one, I'd say. Being a scientist (my dad is one, but had to change careers due to finance) would also be fulfilling. We wouldn't understand a thing without them.

I wanted to also pick artistic ones but I think I can still enjoy doing those without making a career out of them anyway.
SCENARIO 7
Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.
- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
It's not a picture I would enjoy looking at. In fact, it's boring. The "aura" is calm but slightly concerning (?) like if I was brought there, it's either gonna be romantic or I'll be killed and dumped in the water lol.

The mysteriousness of the photo leads me to think that I'd like to explore it, what's on the left, what's on the right side. Where does it lead to? However, I think I'd have more to say if this picture was something else, something more interesting.

@PathSeeker true, it's all a best guess at the end of the day. I'd read up more on ISTJ and see what I think. You may also want to check out the new questionnaire I filled out above, if you're still interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,070 Posts
The people on PerC are not only interested in personality typing, but they are also interested and invested enough to the point that they will post.

I think this is why this forum is so N biased. It's not just the INTJ typing, pretty much all of the intuitives are more represented than their sensing counterparts.

So I would think it'd be likely enough you're an INTJ.

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts
I do not have access to Jung's book, but I found Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Types by Isabel Briggs Myers and Peter Myers. Here are some excerpts:
All you have to do is search "Psychological Types Jung PDF" in google and it comes up.

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All you have to do is search "Psychological Types Jung PDF" in google and it comes up.
Oh. Lol. I jumped straight into using my uni log-in / uni library instead, thinking that’ll yield better, more credible results that avoids the usual litter on google. Facepalm

Thanks. I’ll give it a read.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think you'd be out of place under IxTJ. But do some further research and introspection and decide for yourself. You are the best at assessing your own behaviours, even if others can help you cover some blind spots.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello, I have been typed here years ago. I was still in my teenage years back then. I think I have changed a lot over the years and would like another typing. I always get INTJ in any online test I take, but it's either I don't know myself that well to confirm or I'm just doubtful in general lol.
I was initially gonna ask you if you have a secret world domination plan. You'd be an INTJ if you do and not an INTJ if you don't. But then I read the questionnaire a bit more. And I'd place a risky bet that you're definitely an INTJ. Your willingness to change, to learn, to not be stupid, to not be hypocrite, to be calm when stressed and focus on solving the problem, etc. The test simply can't place you somewhere else. I might have missed it, but why exactly don't you feel like an INTJ? If you don't fit in the general INTJ stereotype doesn't mean you're not. You should read the difference between an assertive INTJ vs turbulent INTJ.

Also, take the big five test and read the detailed description to see how you may differ from other INTJs. Don't be mislead by the internet INTJ stereotype.

Plus, objectively speaking, a healthy and fully functioning INTJ is AWSOME. INTJ is the most dynamic and versatile type. We can compete with any other type in their game, at their level. We can deeply modify our behavior due to our ability for strong control over our feelings and our flexibility of belief, deep insight, and understanding beyond any other type's grasp.

Oh, and most importantly, INTJs are psychos 🙃

I've known a few INFJs that'd rather become an INTJ.

If you weren't INTJ, you'd be less likely so interested in finding the truth and reaching the bottom.

If you're NOT an INTJ, you clearly have a lot of INTJ core traits, enjoy!

·
Registered
INTJ
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was initially gonna ask you if you have a secret world domination plan. You'd be an INTJ if you do and not an INTJ if you don't. But then I read the questionnaire a bit more. And I'd place a risky bet that you're definitely an INTJ. Your willingness to change, to learn, to not be stupid, to not be hypocrite, to be calm when stressed and focus on solving the problem, etc. The test simply can't place you somewhere else. I might have missed it, but why exactly don't you feel like an INTJ? If you don't fit in the general INTJ stereotype doesn't mean you're not. You should read the difference between an assertive INTJ vs turbulent INTJ.

Also, take the big five test and read the detailed description to see how you may differ from other INTJs. Don't be mislead by the internet INTJ stereotype.

Plus, objectively speaking, a healthy and fully functioning INTJ is AWSOME. INTJ is the most dynamic and versatile type. We can compete with any other type in their game, at their level. We can deeply modify our behavior due to our ability for strong control over our feelings and our flexibility of belief, deep insight, and understanding beyond any other type's grasp.

Oh, and most importantly, INTJs are psychos 🙃

I've known a few INFJs that'd rather become an INTJ.

If you weren't INTJ, you'd be less likely so interested in finding the truth and reaching the bottom.

If you're NOT an INTJ, you clearly have a lot of INTJ core traits, enjoy!
I'll PM you my answers since it is likely going to be lengthy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts