Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I'm driven by the need to acquire independence first, with safety and security coming in a close second. I grew up poor, and never had any of those things, so I feel extremely deprived of them, so they have been my first priority my whole life. I'm also driven to get as far away from the shitty life I was dealt. I hate it when other people have the ability to influence or control my life or happiness, so I stay as autonomous as possible.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to realize the small goals I have set for myself. I don't want anything fancy. Just enough to gain the things I listed in the first question. Once those needs were met, I'd ideally like to help others. Primarily children and animals. I can't stand to see either one suffer. It makes me angry because both are so defenseless.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I want to avoid being anything like my parents or family members. One word to do describe them would be selfish. They were very pleasure seeking and always put themselves first, even before their children. I think this has led to my distaste for pleasure seeking behavior like using drugs, overindulging in sex or alcohol, partying etc etc. I really dislike people who use any form of drug. I also dislike people who drink and party a lot and who are sexually promiscuous.

I value my time and I value sex and relationship (romantic and platonic) and think that you should remain selective with how your spend your time and with whom you associate.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

Being controlled by other people or having others beliefs or views shoved down my throat. Being stuck in a place where I wasn't allowed to be myself. There is also a part of me that feels like no one will ever understand me or love me for who I am.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want people to see me as loyal and a good person (I'm not nice though. nice is more personality trait, while good person is more of a character thing). These things about me always get over looked because people are too busy paying attention to other parts of my personality and I get painted in a negative light, even when its not true at all.

I see myself as someone who is charming, funny, intense, interesting, loyal, strong, autonomous, stubbon:rolleyes:, standoffish, emotionally cold.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Best: When Im in an environment that caters to my strengths. Being in a place where I can be my complete self makes me feel better and the energy just builds from there. Its like letting it all hang out and saying "screw it", and being able to do so without negative criticism.

Worst: When I am being told to be someone else or to behave in a more acceptable manner. When I am being told who I am isn't good enough or "appropriate". I also start of feel resentment from having to spend so much time adapting to other people to get by. Its get tiresome.

I'm also feel bad when I'm being compared to/valued less than someone who is clearly a piece of shit and lacks character.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger: I feel like I'm always in a state of being angry or experiencing anger on some level even if its just a little. If happy anger exists, I'd be the poster child for it. For me, anger originates in the diaphragm. When something or someone is irritating me, the energy builds there and I have to push it out, generally by snapping at someone. Lol, I try to do it nicely too. It never comes out nicely. My entire body tenses up as I try to ease it out, but it come out like a sharp bark.

Shame: I have feelings of inadequacy that creep up every now and then. Sometimes, I'll feel inferior to other people, even if its just for a second and even if I know I'm not inferior them. I don't like this feeling so I usually just repress it or ignore it. I also feel shame for not having the same upbringing as other people even though its out of my control.

Anxiety: I used to have anxiety problems when I was much younger and it resulted in depression and feelings or worthlessness or helplessness. Currently, I can't recall experiencing anxiety at all.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress: I generally don't notice stress at first. It can build and build before it starts to get to me. Though, once I recognize that something is stressing me out, I get angry and try to wrap it up so I don't have to deal with it. I don't like unnecessary stress so I take care of things before they become a source of stress.

Unexpected change: Depends on the reason for the change. Generally though, I'm annoyed by it and I'll need a good reason for the change to not get pretty pissed off. I'll get really mad if my time has been wasted. Though, if its beneficial and more efficient or logical, I'm all for it.

Conflict: I hate unnecessary conflict or drama. I hate it. Sometimes its fun to laugh at, but more often than not I try to get the hell away from it. I also don't like people who carry conflict around with them. When conflict has nothing to do with me or anyone close to me, I'll leave the situation since it will only cause a headache. However, if conflict is needed to resolve something then I go at it head on. I think of it as two rams smashing heads. Being autonomous though is the ultimate goal.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority: I can recognize the necessity for authority overall, because I think a lot of people can't be trusted/don't trust themselves to make the best decisions, but authority really isn't for me. As long as it leaves me alone, I'll leave it alone. I certainly don't treat authority like its better or bigger than I am. I don't bow down to something because it looks, and smells like "authority". I will challenge authority sometimes. I like to pretend like I'm "better than that", but I'm not. I just can't help it. Its like a boat with a sign that says "Don't rock me" and I can't help but rock it violently. When faced with authority, I try to poke holes in it and weaken it. Its laughable to me. I can take care of myself, I don't need authority watching over me.

Power: I've noticed that I have a tendency to absorb power everywhere I go. I always have a pocket of influence at every job I've ever had, or in every group I've been apart of. I feel like I have a tendency to slowly siphon power from situations without realizing it. I really only want power over myself, and I don't take pleasure in having power over others because if I have power over others, I have a tendency to become really controlling. I have to really trust and respect them in order to not control them, but the urge would be there. I also noticed that as I gain power, I also become cockier. I'm more apt to talk shit and challenge authority. Once I have an established position, I move from there and try to get more of it. I don't do it consciously though.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I've carried misanthropic feelings around with me my whole life. Not that I hate people, or think they should suffer or anything, but I dislike them...a lot. I always have. I think it stems from me being disappointed in people. As a whole, humans have done great things, but on an individual level, they tend to suck and not be so amazing. My habit of idealizing people just leads to me being let down, so I stop trying to make connections to too many people/

If I could undo my existence, I would. Living doesn't seem so great to me. The world certainly isn't great, and I don't see too much point in it. I'm always torn between wanting to be really happy about life and existence, and perceiving it as good, but I just can't.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

For me trust is the most important aspect of any sort of relationship. If I can't trust you, I can't respect you and if I can't respect you, I'll never love you or have love for you. If I don't feel love for you (romantic or otherwise), you'll never get to know who I truly am and will always be an outsider to me.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

Like: Independence, strong-willed, charisma, strong, resilient, loyal, honesty

Dislike: Being guarded and unable to let people in. My walls go up immediately and I can't consciously control them. Forcing myself to be vulnerable makes me come off as disingenuous, which I hate, so I wait for it to happen naturally. This route takes a while.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I can read peoples energies. Lol, its hard to explain. Not in a psychic way or anything, but I get vibes from people that helps me to decide on what kind of person they are. I notice things about people that are subtle and usually notice it longer before others do. This makes me come off as paranoid to other people or judgmental, but its worked in my favor quite a bit and is rarely wrong.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

I probably wouldn't feel anything and would probably respond by chuckling to myself and walking away. I find that with insults, the best reaction is little to no reaction at all.

When people compliment me, I get uncomfortable. I never say thank you because I'm not thankful. The compliment wont make me feel anything at all. I'd only value the opinion (negative or positive) from someone who I respected. Everyone else can kick rocks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm getting som really big 7,8, and 9 vibes from this, with a background of either 2 or 4, but more 4, Would you agree with this statement?

I'm currently leaning towards 8w9-7w6-4w5 So/Sp

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting som really big 7,8, and 9 vibes from this, with a background of either 2 or 4, but more 4, Would you agree with this statement?

I'm currently leaning towards 8w9-7w6-4w5 So/Sp
As much as I want to be an 8w9, I currently resonate more with the 7 wing. My seven wing used to be much stronger a couple years ago when I also scored really high on extroversion, but over time I've noticed that its diminished a lot. From 18-20, I challenged the system (so to speak) a lot and I hated authority. Though I think it was because I felt so oppressed by my environment during my childhood and teenage years. Before 2007, I probably wouldn't have score as Te dom or ENTJ even though I probably was one. I just kept my head low and bided my time until I got the hell out of that environment.

Can wings shift? If so, I could be shifting to more of a nine. I can relate to preemptive strikes, surveying the land, being loud and entertaining, and looking to expand like an w7, but I also relate to the boundary setting, and peace needing aspect of the 8w9. I feel caught between the two because I have aspects of both and neither one is very strong. Though, as of late I've been trying me best to not snap at people. I don't like losing the control so you actually might be right about the 9. Sorry for rambling. I'm thinking out loud here.

I relate to the 4w5 a lot. While I value independence and I don't care if people like me overall, once I like someone and I consider them "my people", I tend to get really annoyed when they value others over me. I can relate to the feelings of envy sometimes and the need to be an individual. I don't like the idea of becoming one with another person or blending in with how other people are. I don't make a conscious effort to stand out but I do notice an annoyance when I feel like people are latching on to "who I am" and adapting some of my traits. (I had a XSFJ friend do this and it annoyed the hell out of me, I wanted to scream "find your own identity"). I think this stems from childhood. When I was a kid, I felt invisible and like I didn't matter. I grew up with my cousins and two siblings, who were mostly SFPs I believe, and need more attention, love affection etc than I did. A few of them also had behavioral problem so naturally stood out more. I was also never anyones favorite. I was just the quiet one that nobody noticed.

This is why, I identify with the w5 because I feel intense emotions at the most random times. They will just arise out of nowhere and are very strong but I have a hard time pin pointing what is upsetting me. I think its just old feelings of wanting/needing to be understood that resurface after I repress then over and over again. When I was younger, I would cry myself to sleep almost every night and was really depressed from the horrible situation that was my life. Having such a strong personality and sense of self leads and being female leads to people not understanding me thus disliking me, which makes me feel misunderstood and in a constant state of depression-lite.So, I agree with the 4w5.

I agree with the 7w6 and I think it is causing me to believe I'm an 8w7 and not an 8w9. My sense of humor is dark, sarcastic, a bit dry and rather intense and can offend people even though its not my intention. Maybe this is where I'm getting the boundary/button pushing from, thus making me feel more 8w7 than 8w9? Its never my intention to cross peoples boundaries, but I also feel like its there responsibility to establish them firmly like I do.

Lastly, the instinctual variant. I relate to the Sp/so descriptions as well as the so/sp ones, but I feel like I relate more to self pres first than I do to social. Sx isn't even in the ball park though, so I know it comes dead last. SP and SO are pretty strong for me so I'm having a hard time determining which one comes first. The reason I'm weary of SO first is because Im not a very social person unless it serves my needs. Im pretty asocial and I don't relate to the politician description. I think I actually work with an So/sp and while there are similarities, he is definitely more SO dom than I am. I always think of me, my comfort, my desires etc first.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yea, I did 8w9 over 8w7, because that was the most logical way to get your 7, 8, and 9 tendencies together, if you were 8w9-7w6, and the 7 part was very strong, only a little weaker than 8, or vice versa, than that could cause some confusion, but there definitely would make sense to have a 9 in your tritype somewhere. Also, I know I liked my previous 4w5-5w4 setup because it tied together two of the settings together, which just seemed cool and unique, but alas, i am not very 5ish at all, all their motivations for me, are entirely subconcious, making them processes, and not motives.

The thing that pushed me to So over Sp was the fact that you seemed to accumulate influence no matter where you went, but I can see how an Sp>So would also be able to accomplish that in a different manner, and perhaps more logical than what I originally had in mind, whereas the So/Sp might focus on attaining influence, the Sp/So would have people joining him for the strength of his personality.

Reactions: Chipps

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Okay....TBH based on your answers above and interacting with you on the forum...I get really confused if your core type is 1, 6, or 8. But, I'm leaning toward CP 6w7.... with your gut fix being 1w9 and not really sure about your heart fix. I'm going to call upon @Boss and @Dark Romantic to help out here because they are pretty reliable in their typing.

Just curious which of the following do you employ when you're not getting your way? Do you (a) correct others ? In other words do you insist that others share your your standards? or (b) by complaining and by testing others' commitment to you? or (c) by dominating others and demanding that other do as you say?

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the Sp/So would have people joining him for the strength of his personality.
This definitely makes me believe that I am sp/so over so/sp. People are generally drawn to the strength of my personality, and then I in turn use that to influence the environment to benefit me. EDIT: Initially, I don't care to have any influence, but once I'm given some, I figure I might as well use it to my benefit.

The so/sp that I work with (who even wants to be a politician, lol) buddies up to all the important people first and tries to gain their friendship and trust, and then in turn uses it to benefit himself and his goals.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay....TBH based on your answers above and interacting with you on the forum...I get really confused if your core type is 1, 6, or 8. But, I'm leaning toward CP 6w7.... with your gut fix being 1w9 and not really sure about your heart fix. I'm going to call upon @Boss and @Dark Romantic to help out here because they are pretty reliable in their typing.

Just curious which of the following do you employ when you're not getting your way? Do you (a) correct others ? In other words do you insist that others share your your standards? or (b) by complaining and by testing others' commitment to you? or (c) by dominating others and demanding that other do as you say?
I actually though about CP 6, but I realized that it came secondary to wanting to dominate people or situations to bend it to my will. Initially when I don't get my way I get pissed off or agitated and I'll try to ram the situation to get it to go my way. From 18-20 I did this a lot and it worked wonders, but then I'd get the inevitable knife in the back CP 6 style from other people and I hated it. I'd prefer that shit gets duked out straight up, but the world aint that way, so I've learned to poison the well. There is this ESFP that I work with and I hate her. I want to shit down her throat and tell her to fuck off. I've already told the boss to fire her, but he won't because he's a pansy. So, since that strategy won't work and confronting her obnoxiousness head on could get me fired by the other owner (also an ESFP), I stick to "planting seeds". I'll slowly get everyone else there to dislike her until shes completely ostracized and ultimately ends up getting fired or quits.

I don't identify with the impulsiveness or anxiety of the 6. IRL I don't like CP 6s. I feel like the behavior is more socially acceptable (because a lot of them exist), but I can't stand it. In the thread "8 traits not present in the CP 6" I didn't identify with the erratic aggression that come from a place of insecurity in CP 6s. There is a fakeness associated with it that I can sniff out. It seems like there is a bluff behind it. Its like pointing a gun at someone trying to scare them but its not loaded or its not real, or you're not really going to shoot them. I also identify more with the basic fears and desire of the 8 then I do with the 6. Not being controlled or weak trump security and support. I need a base level of security and support and I feel like CP 6s kind need this strong group of supporters around them. I feel like the CP 6 needs that support where as I prefer to stand alone, and if others choose to stand with me then im fine with that. For me support feels good (i am human after all), but its not a necessity for me to act.

Online, I try to play nice with other people. I'll temper down my posts (mostly because the iron giant is always watching), but also because I don't like certain behaviors online. If I'm going to get into a disagreement or head butt someone (so to speak) and attempt to slay them, I'd rather it happen in person. Doing it online seems like weak sauce. I came into contact with this CP 6 INTJ on another website and he wouldn't just slay people, he'd tie you to the back of his chariot and drag your ass through Rome. I hated his behavior. It made him look like a coward, so Ive always maintained a weariness with arguing online or coming off too strong. Online peoples balls get bigger than they ever would be in real life so I try to stay far away from that fake ass image.

In the sex and relationship sub forum, I've deleted quite a few posts that were already typed out. I identify with the moralistic nature of 8s and I bring the sword when writing quite a few posts, but since i don't want an infraction I'll temper them down and say something like "No, I don't do that" when I have a whole hell of a lot more to say. In person, not one fuck would be given and I'd say it, but online I don't see much point to it. I've actually back out of a few potential arguments with people I didn't take seriously on PerC. I wont spend a second arguing with a damn fool because I fancy my time way too valuable.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@Chipps see that's the thing I'm not moralistic at all. And, I know we have kind of shared our difference in views on this one in the past. The moralistic theme lies more squarely with type 1 than type 8. Even in your post above there is quite a bit of CP6 overtones laced with type 1 undertones.

So many of the Enneatype descriptions online are a bunch of crap. I was thinking 1w9 for your gut because of your strong moralistic views, expectations that other share your standards, and the not really liking conflict but relating to anger theme. Also, I noticed you didn't answer these questions...."Just curious which of the following do you employ when you're not getting your way? Do you (a) correct others ? In other words do you insist that others share your your standards? or (b) by complaining and by testing others' commitment to you? or (c) by dominating others and demanding that other do as you say?"

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Chipps see that's the thing I'm not moralistic at all. And, I know we have kind of shared our difference in views on this one in the past. The moralistic theme lies more squarely with type 1 than type 8. Even in your post above there is quite a bit of CP6 overtones laced with type 1 undertones.
So many of the Enneatype descriptions online are a bunch of crap. I was thinking 1w9 for your gut because of your strong moralistic views, expectations that other share your standards, and the not really liking conflict but relating to anger theme. Also, I noticed you didn't answer these questions...."Just curious which of the following do you employ when you're not getting your way? Do you (a) correct others ? In other words do you insist that others share your your standards? or (b) by complaining and by testing others' commitment to you? or (c) by dominating others and demanding that other do as you say?"
1w2 is more likely than 1w9
- I see undertones of 2, but not so much 9
- 1w9s are generally gentle, soft spoken souls. 1w2s are more intense, choleric and are more easily mistaken for 8s.

@Chipps

my thoughts so far
- I see you as an 1w2 Sp/Sx 1w2-6w7-2w1
- alternatively, I could see you as core 6 with an 8 fix, but you seem predominantly gut center
- I don't think you are Sx last, I think you're So last.

now, for the part I'm more sure of: You are NOT an ENTJ. you are an ExFP
- your posts in this thread SCREAM Fi. they are full of passion, conviction, strong moral principles, fighting for your beliefs and integrity and filtering people out of your life because they are not "true friends)
- your writing style is too expressive and heroic to be a Te dom.
- the way you express your emotions is delicate, almost poetic. you are strong, you know how to get things done, but deep down you are a much more sensitive, sensual person. you long for the day when you don't have to fight anymore and finally you can be at peace, living the life that you want. you may put up a tertiary Te exterior and only reveal this side to those closest to you, but you cannot hide it from me =)
- you have clear Te, but it seems to serve Fi and not the other way around. you developed Te because you needed to be strong, decisive and clear in order to dig yourself out of a hole, fend for yourself and get closer to your ideal lifestyle.
- if you are really an 8, it makes more sense that you would look like a 1 if you are an FP than if you were an TJ 8

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@n2freedom

It depends on the situation. I have a habit dominating situations that dont belong to me and I am simply a part of. Lets say Im intoduced to a new group of people and were all making a decision. Ill state what I want and If it conflicts with the group Ill flex my muscle hard to get what I want. I adopt a not gonna happen attitude. Even with people I dont know. I dont know why but I will. If someone suggests a good idea that I agree with Ill go with it but if im absolutely against something Ill use force to try and stop or change it. I wouldnt go along with it and them complain. If the group wont go along with me Ill go to the place alone. I could care less if they want to go.

Now if its a group Im establised in im already the dominant personality, and if im not getting my way ill apply the pressure to get it.

The only time ive ever resorted to complaining is when i have no choice and im bound by obligation to it for some reason. I hate situations like this a will do anything to not end up in them. I feel like my hands are tied so Ill resort to sabotaging it.

Do you have any links to good type 1 descriptions? I do stand strong on right and wrong, but it only applies to me. A fee things do leak over on to other people sometimes but thats only when they are close to me like a SO or something. I can compromise on values or beliefs when its a friendship or other types of relationships. Out of close quarters, it doesnt bother me at all.

However, i can understand how you came to that conclusion. In regards to pleasure seeking behavior, i dont see it as wrong or right. Its not that black and white. I dont care about it at all. My problem with it is a reaction to it crossing my boundaries. If someone wants to do drugs then it fine by me. Not my thing though. This also goes with sleeping around, getting wasted and the like. A lot of pleasure seeking behavior has been adopted by the culture and so it starts to spill over on to me and thats where i get mad. I push back like hell and i get really pissed. I worked with an sx/so ENTP and he was really promiscuos and would walk around acting like people who dont sleep around are defective. He'd rail on and on to the point where it started infringing on my boundaries. I didnt like it. Pleasure seeking behavior serves the self and in order to do it, people will roll over other people. People can shoot heroin to their hearts content, but when it comes at the price of innocent children who dont get to eat or have a place to call home, i have a problem with it. People can drink until their livers fall out and i wouldnt care, but when you climb behind the wheel of a car and kill someone i have a problem with that.

So a part of me feels shit would be easier for me if other people felt the same. I think of myself as a hippo. Im just haning out minding my own territory and you came on to it and i get angry and will defend it. I usually want to be left alone and I feel like 1s push for others to be like them because its right. But I dont care for people to be like me as long as the dont bring their shit to my door step and try to sell it to me we wont have a problem. So my distaste for pleasure seeking stems from my boundaries being crossed to get it.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Swordsman of Mana

Nah. Im gonna have to disagree heavily with that one. I dont identify with FP at all. You read too much into what I wrote there. I cleared it up quite a bit in the post to n2. Read that and let me know what you think then. Maybe morals wasnt a good word? More like standards?

When I think of the description you gave, i think of some conservative person who believes X way and pushes for others to do because its right and they dont like anything that conflicts with it? I think of what is good or bad for me. Drugs are bad for me because if I did them it would hamper me from realizing the goals Ive set for myself and they dont appeal to me so i dont do them. Not because its bad period. It just aint my thing. Shit i wish I was a two. I drooled over it and 3 but they were not goes. I tried to fit into everything before accepting 8. They all sounded appealing to me but they just werent true.

This rings true for ENTJ as well. I dont deny the NT but I get hazy with the EJ. I dont mind outside stimulation but I recharge well when Im alone. Im also too future oriented and driven and very rigid to identify with a P over a J. But i probably dont score very high on judging. Ive always said it was moderate.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@Chipps....you're still sounding quite like a 1 in your gut fix. I'm still not sure who is leading the Ennea train for you though. I hope @Dark Romantic or @Boss chime in soon because they are better with quality links for Ennea descriptions. I rely heavily on books so I don't really have any good sites to recommend. Boss has recommended them in other type me threads...maybe you can do a search on her name?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Swordsman of Mana

Nah. Im gonna have to disagree heavily with that one. I dont identify with FP at all. You read too much into what I wrote there. I cleared it up quite a bit in the post to n2. Read that and let me know what you think then. Maybe morals wasnt a good word? More like standards?
same smell, different odor

When I think of the description you gave, i think of some conservative person who believes X way and pushes for others to do because its right and they dont like anything that conflicts with it?
there was nothing conservative in the description I gave. I spoke of passion and conviction, not legalistic beliefs and imposing those beliefs on others. not all 1s are SJ conservative christians

I think of what is good or bad for me. Drugs are bad for me because if I did them it would hamper me from realizing the goals Ive set for myself and they dont appeal to me so i dont do them. Not because its bad period. It just aint my thing. Shit i wish I was a two. I drooled over it and 3 but they were not goes. I tried to fit into everything before accepting 8. They all sounded appealing to me but they just werent true.
unfortunate, your tastes are worse than I thought

This rings true for ENTJ as well. I dont deny the NT but I get hazy with the EJ. I dont mind outside stimulation but I recharge well when Im alone. Im also too future oriented and driven and very rigid to identify with a P over a J. But i probably dont score very high on judging. Ive always said it was moderate.
it's all about cognitive functions, not letters. NTPs and NTJs share NONE of the same cognitive functions.

PS: what are your thoughts on instinct variant? you don't seem Sp/So at all to me

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
@n2freedom: ROFL... gimme a minute, I'm still on my phone so I can't post links. Reading the questionnaire answers and the rest of the thread, though, I'd say 1w2 seems most likely as the core, for reasons I'll explain later, and @Swordsman of Mana is right about @Chipps being So-last. Sp/Sx sounds the most likely stack.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@n2freedom : ROFL... gimme a minute, I'm still on my phone so I can't post links. Reading the questionnaire answers and the rest of the thread, though, I'd say 1w2 seems most likely as the core, for reasons I'll explain later, and @Swordsman of Mana is right about @Chipps being So-last. Sp/Sx sounds the most likely stack.
Dammit you know I'm Sx type 8....I demand attention. LOL! I thought you knew that?:wink:

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Chipps....you're still sounding quite like a 1 in your gut fix. I'm still not sure who is leading the Ennea train for you though. I hope @Dark Romantic or @Boss chime in soon because they are better with quality links for Ennea descriptions. I rely heavily on books so I don't really have any good sites to recommend. Boss has recommended them in other type me threads...maybe you can do a search on her name?

Well Im not as well read on the enneagram as you are so you very well could be right. Ill look into it more. Ive done alot of reading gut triads and never identifed with any but the 8. However I can see some pull from the 1 though.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
same smell, different odor

there was nothing conservative in the description I gave. I spoke of passion and conviction, not legalistic beliefs and imposing those beliefs on others. not all 1s are SJ conservative christians

unfortunate, your tastes are worse than I thought

it's all about cognitive functions, not letters. NTPs and NTJs share NONE of the same cognitive functions.

PS: what are your thoughts on instinct variant? you don't seem Sp/So at all to me
Ive never identified with sx at all. It seems pretty foreign to me and certainly isnt a priority of mine. Ive noticed that I shy away from sx/so's in real life and sx/sps can grow on me overtime but i tend to identify with both sp and so. More so SP.

And i still disagree heavily on the FP. I know quite a few of them and we clash like hell on the FP. Were cool with one another and were on a similar wavelength but never the same one. Its similar with TPs as well.

I havent done a MBTI test in like 4 years though so Ill do it again and let you know.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@n2freedom: ROFL... gimme a minute, I'm still on my phone so I can't post links. Reading the questionnaire answers and the rest of the thread, though, I'd say 1w2 seems most likely as the core, for reasons I'll explain later, and @Swordsman of Mana is right about @Chipps being So-last. Sp/Sx sounds the most likely stack.
Really? Ive been reading alot abot stacking and Ive seen soooooo many different answers. Ive been certain of sp but why do you think its sp/sx as opposed to sp/so? The reason i always put sx last is because Ive always identified with it the least. It seems like its over in left field.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts