Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Peter Petrelli
6,201 Posts
Your username is misleading. You should save for when you are a CEO. You don't want to reap the reward before you've earned it y'know.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
lol

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Why CEO in particular? Why not CFO? Or CPO? Or COO? Or Chairman? Or Vice-President? Or an ASM? Or an HRA? Or a SASO? I was the CEO of Laundry once. But am hoping to work my way up to XLRT of Diversionary Statistics: Homicide Division.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I’ve always had the notion that I’d rather be given a task and deliver on it excellently rather than delicate tasks. The top 60 but not top 5 employees at a Fortune 500 is the sweet spot.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Well I am the CEO of my life if that counts. I like the position since it was either take that path or have idiots tell me what to do for the duration of my existence.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Quickest way to CFO or CEO is either senior staff accountant-comptroller-cfo, get a CMA. For CEO it's possibly regional manager-vice president-president then CEO. Had a business teacher tell me once, if it hasn't happened by 42-45 years old, it's unlikely. Either way you look at it, prepare to spend 15-25 years acquiring either title with a reign of 15-20 years with either title.

Reactions: Leviticus Cornwall

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quickest way to CFO or CEO is either senior staff accountant-comptroller-cfo, get a CMA. For CEO it's possibly regional manager-vice president-president then CEO. Had a business teacher tell me once, if it hasn't happened by 42-45 years old, it's unlikely. Either way you look at it, prepare to spend 15-25 years acquiring either title with a reign of 15-20 years with either title.
Technically, you could do it in a few weeks by starting your own company and declaring yourself CEO. :tongue:

Reactions: greeshu2000

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Technically, you could do it in a few weeks by starting your own company and declaring yourself CEO. :tongue:
Haha yeah, I didn't consider that. Since you all like business ideas I was gonna create a thread on SWOT analysis,plus one on consiladated business math in the careers portion of personality cafe.

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
@BIGJake111 I suggest account role to transition up, the past of the CFA exams which total 3 has like a 45% pass rate and each test requires on average 250-350 hours studied just to bearly nick the test.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
@BIGJake111 I suggest account role to transition up, the past of the CFA exams which total 3 has like a 45% pass rate and each test requires on average 250-350 hours studied just to bearly nick the test.
My managerial accounting professor won’t shut up about his study habits for his certifications and how hard he had to work lol I expected my accounting courses to be a bore but I enjoy them and excel in them but they’re not my exact cup of tea still.

Reactions: Zeus

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My managerial accounting professor won’t shut up about his study habits for his certifications and how hard he had to work lol I expected my accounting courses to be a bore but I enjoy them and excel in them but they’re not my exact cup of tea still.
I got my minor in accounting. Here's the consiladated stuff you need to know: http://personalitycafe.com/education-career-talk/1156074-consolidated-business-math.html#post38563858

ps wait till you get to intermediate 1 and 2, they are a real beyotch lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why do you want to be CEO?

Haha, it has lots of responsibility and liability, and the pay is not much different from the other chiefs. Plus, you get bossed around by bunch of people like the stockholders.

Personally, I'd rather be a commissioner or a stockholder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts