Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My type is IEI in Socionics or the Infj in mbti.

I've been looking out for moment i tend to display my Te Polr
while communicating with people and i can realize when its taking place.

Heres a scenario for you guys:

When a person is giving me direct instructions, and often times it's while in a stressful fast paced environment.
I will start listening to the person giving the instructions very Extroverted thinking style as in DO this, Grab that, take Left turn and Come back,.(often told very quickly for the sake of efficiency).

And while i'm beginning to listen i will actually hear the first thing the person says then somehow i can't really comprehend the rest of what was said.. i can literally hear it but i can't really make a structural sentence out of what was said so it will sound like individual word which don't form together, when i know someone is about to give me instructions this is what i'm thinking in my mind "OKE, I'm going to listen very clearly to what the person is about to say!, OKE here he goes" , TAKE THE BASKET, PUT IT ON THE TABLE, DADADA FRIDGE DADADAD OVER DADADA LEFT DADDADADADA. At this point there are few things that will happen, I will stand there very confused :rolleyes:, I wil try to rephrase the order with the person what i thought i heard him say, The person will give me this look -_- the person will take a deep breath slow down then will say it in a slower more calming voice which i tend to comprehend kind of like Extroverted feeling type of way..

There is actually a thing called Auditory Processing Disorder and i think thats the same thing as PolR Te..

Have anyone of you experienced this if you're IEI or Mbti (INFJ)??

I think its very frustrating asking for instructions because of this, Taking Classes with a lot of people where technique is told, Planning things on the go and being in a faced paced environment where many decision have to be made to follow through with the job, I prefer learning by reading instead of listening to a teacher and making her have to repeat herself often.

So do i have to tell everyone to not give me direct orders if its more then one thing, and if they have to I have to tell them to me like they would to a young child.. example: See you take this and then you have to open this thing up ...:laughing:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Auditory isn't Te. Closest resemblance to Auditory is Fi.

What you're describing appears to be a conscious disconnect between Te and Ni. So, is it due to you being bored when they are talking, or inability to listen adequately?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I had someone at my workplace using Te on me the other day. I didn't react too well to it.

They actually said to me, "A needs to be done first before doing B. Simple instructions and you can't even understand. Wtf are you doing."

Now when I hear that sentence, I have difficulty focusing on what they are trying to tell me but instead I interpreted that sentence as "I hate you" coming from the other person and I start wondering why they hate me so much.

As a Te PoLR, I don't mind people giving instructions to me, but what I mind is people who give me instructions in a rude way and talk down to me.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Te PoLR, but I can also have difficulties hearing what people are saying and processing spoken instructions. The best thing I can think of to help with this is to try to get a thorough understanding of everything you have to do in various situations, write it down, memorize it, and replay it in your head occasionally. Ask questions to make sure you understand how the rules work, such as "We're generally supposed to do X but what about in this kind of situation?" I think asking these kinds of questions and taking notes can make it look like you're really serious and diligent about doing your job well, but some people might get annoyed by being asked these questions, so it might be best to try to identify which person would be most okay with being asked a lot of questions.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've had the same problem. I blank out a lot when I hear information that is very methodical or blunt. If I don't understand the information, like apply meaning to it in a theoretical framework, I cannot process it. And I hate when people spur out random facts. Even if I actually may have some of the information and facts down myself, I don't think I do from the outside looking in. It just comes off as very cold and superior, and I have trouble connecting with it immediately.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Omg, it's so good to find someone else who is like this. I feel like I must have some kind of disorder because I literally can't comprehend the words coming out of their mouth after the first couple of instructions. They're clearly English but they're not registering, they're not computing. I can't grab them and hold onto them.

Maybe I'm just very slow. But I don't feel like I am? I generally seem as intelligent as my peers in every day life.

What does help, if I'm in an environment that permits it, is interacting with the instructor and the instructions as they're coming. Asking questions about each one means you spend a little more time with it, which means familiarity and better understanding, and better chance of remembering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts