Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My desires are leading me to be dominant, or at least to explore it. Emotional dominance, mental dominance, physical dominance, the whole nine. The problem is I am not a naturally dominant man. It just doesn't come to me easily. It's even more frustrating that my demeanor and physical appearance make me seem the type, but I'm ultimately not (yet).

I'm curious if anyone has ever 'converted' from passive to dominant. If so, what did it take?

I also know I can google lots of info, but I wanted to ask folks who are familiar with personality types.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I'm whatever way I want to be. It's not as difficult as a conversion, if you want to have sex that way, have sex that way.

If you already seem like a dominant person, people will buy it if you start acting that way.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Reactions: she_sells_seashells

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I think it just happened over time. I had too many passive bfs and got frustrated though because I had to always be the dominant one. Now I enjoy it immensely, though I do wish to be thrown down, tied down the odd time myself...

Reactions: Skum

·
Registered
69 Posts
The problem is I am not a naturally dominant man. It just doesn't come to me easily. It's even more frustrating that my demeanor and physical appearance make me seem the type, but I'm ultimately not (yet).
Start with your demeanor and physical appearance. Its the easiest thing to change and should give you a good confidence boost. After that just hang out with other dominant men and see what they do. Not to copy but usually its easier if you are around people doing the same thing you want to be doing. Sort of helps get over the shyness or whatever.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
^ Revy2Hand's right. Just wait til you get with someone who's irritatingly passive. THEN you'll see.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm ridiculously dominating in most aspects of life (more than I'd like to be sometimes) but when it comes to sex, I've always been with dominating men so naturally I take the passive role. Just do the same. Go for someone who is passive so you will be forced to take control.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
^ Revy2Hand's right. Just wait til you get with someone who's irritatingly passive. THEN you'll see.
Ahh so you've had the "pleasure" as well, being a female lol. I think that's where my dominance began really. Because I HAD/HAVE to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm ridiculously dominating in most aspects of life (more than I'd like to be sometimes) but when it comes to sex, I've always been with dominating men so naturally I take the passive role. Just do the same. Go for someone who is passive so you will be forced to take control.
Mmmmm... two subs trying to have sex usually doesn't go very far.

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Mmmmm... two subs trying to have sex usually doesn't go very far.
Exactly! That or it takes forever to get anywhere at all. One must become dominant. It just tends to end up being me so I became a dom. permanently lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
if you are talking about your interactions with woman specifically, than yes, I was definitely passive during teen adolescence. The biggest boon in getting over all of that fear and indecisiveness is when I just decided to stop caring about repercussions. They are never as bad as you imagine... especially if she knows you aren't the type to worry or stress over things if they don't go perfectly. During the buildup or whatever you want to call it, just start DOING instead of thinking..

Someone has to make the move in the end.. I am comfortable being that person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.