Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I met this guy from OKCupid. I had already been a few previous dates with others before sending this guy a message and they were either no call backs or flops. We chatted for a few days before we agreed on meeting in person. First date went really well and he asked for a second one. Second was great and the talking became easier. Third was wonderful where we ended up cuddling a bit and started holding hands. It was also our first kiss. We've also been texting a few times everyday.

And to make things clear no, I'm not asking to be exclusive this early on. Not until I feel like things feel a little more natural.

After my first date with him I closed my online profile. Not mainly because of him, but because I had just wanted to take a break from it in general. Online thing kinda got tiring.

I know his account is still active and that he does log on (I feel like such a snoop :blushed:). It's not like I'll try to say anything if he's dating other girls as well, but I can't help but finding myself becoming more and more scared. Really falling for him. And it's unfair how I feel like I have to hold myself back just because he might/can still see other girls.

For now I'm playing it safe and going on a date with him every week. But as I find myself falling for him more the more I want to pull myself back into the reality that he could be off with some other girl that very same day. That I have to put up some sort of wall to keep myself safe in the early stage. Which does sound right in my head, but makes me feel unsettled.

Oh, and I have been asked out by another guy recently. Agreed to it. We had a little lunch date and he was fine, but he just couldn't compare to the guy I'm currently going on dates with.

Any tips? Advice? Tell me how I'm doing things wrong/right?

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
So it's okay for you to go on other dates, but it's not okay for him? :p Lol, that tid bit aside...

Best advice... talk to the dude. Ask him if he's open to dating other people or not. If you're unable to talk to each other and establish boundaries with each other this early on, then this isn't looking good in my opinion. That communication has to be open. Communicate, communicate, communicate... you have to.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I would casually ask him at the right time: "are we still dating other people?"

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it's okay for you to go on other dates, but it's not okay for him?
Oh no! I didn't mean it like that! :blushed: We both haven't declared each other to be exclusive so we're both allowed to date other people (at least that's what I think right now). It's the fact that I know we're not exclusively dating each other that makes me nervous.

Does talking about this on the fourth date after a month of knowing each other not seem possibly scary? I'm too afraid to bring something up like this if it's too early.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Oh no! I didn't mean it like that! :blushed: We both haven't declared each other to be exclusive so we're both allowed to date other people (at least that's what I think right now). It's the fact that I know we're not exclusively dating each other that makes me nervous.

Does talking about this on the fourth date after a month of knowing each other not seem possibly scary? I'm too afraid to bring something up like this if it's too early.
If its genuinely bothering you, then I think its best to talk about it. If hes the type to get scared over a simple inquiry then hes probably not worth having around in the long-run.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Reactions: Ace Face

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
It's going to be hilarious how my mind is going to be in chaos while I try to pull off the perfect chill pokerface. :laughing:
I hear ya. ; )

Reactions: JigglyJello
1 - 9 of 9 Posts