Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an Infj i have this problem where i become so fixated on a one solution to the problem at hand that i don't consider other options and when i ask someone for advice they might tell me a lot of information and details for what might help me to come up with a solution and their information just fly right over my head and i'm only left more confused..

Then later something really "CLICKS" in my brain and can take few days to many months and i've figured it out..

Then i might go back to the person with this new set of interesting knowledge and start speaking of the solution and they'll say that's actually what they told me at the time or i will watch some video tutorial, I watched and the time and i can clearly hear now what their saying and its actually the solution to the problem...

So my question is: How can i actively listen to other peoples advice and put my thoughts on the matter to the side in order to learn the new solution and hear what's being said??

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Hard one. You could try making notes when talking to people to speed up your process of figuring things out? Otherwise, maybe it's fine the way it is. You don't need to hurry perfection right? Even if someone else already has the solution, figuring it our for yourself is much more fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts