Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've mostly been obsessing over MBTI and Enneagram. I know no one personally who can help me with this. I'll give you a description of myself below (lots of specifics relating to functions, so please take notes!) - please let me know what types in these typologies you think I'm most likely to be. :heart:

Mum says as a child I played a lot with other kids, but I don't remember it at all. What I do remember, with fond feelings, were things like making scenarios with dolls, in comics and poems that illustrated poetic justice - the 'cool people' smoked, drunk, got teen pregnancy and died horribly while the bullied kids succeeded in life; a kid who ignored his teacher's warning and watched movies instead of learning to ride a bike crashed and the kids asked if the wall was ok; and an executioner who abused his power for greed was eventually executed by a new one who declined the offer of becoming king.

In addition, I was quite fond of categorising - buttons, numbers, letters, bugs, toiletries... a weird hobby :) I drew calendars and wrote diary entries with very precise details about time to the very second. I thought this would be Te, but the internet seems to suggest Ti?? I was rarely bought toys so I made doll clothes out of rags, food out of berries, leaves and grating bricks. The dolls would go on long eventful journeys. I wrote poems personifying the seasons. I also learned English mainly by dancing to and singing along to songs. One diary entry talks of how proud I was to win a contest (I wrote that I felt nervous) and receive public praise (wrote I felt very happy), and to beat a class record playing connect 4.

At school I felt already as a misfit and tended to attract the 'loser boys' because I was nice to everyone. I think my kindness was abused as kids borrowed my pens then threw them around. My photos show me hanging out most with foreign kids. My cousin and I once set a trap room for parents (seemed funny at the time), but when they got angry my cousin laughed while I felt guilty.

As a teen, I was all about unleashing my imagination into creative arts, but also enjoying the rich worlds of anime and computer games. I still have vague feeling/sensory impressions of them, though it's harder to recall content.

Since I was about 15, I made bucket lists, dream man lists, 50 questions about me lists etc - easily and clearly knowing what I want and my future direction in life. Yet I seemed to have fumbled about without achieving the things I wanted!

At school, I actually enjoyed learning new things (class work) and recess where we would either play yard games that tended to involve creativity (including tag) or go to the piano room and take turns playing and hiding behind piano to eat our lunch (because its ok to break silly school rules ;p ). When I got home I would get tunnel vision to pursue my interests (anime, games, creative writing, composing a tune, drawing, finding what I wanted or a conversation with a best friend) that I would stay up late until the task was 100% complete. Homework and helping around the house tended to be procrastinated. Parents tried to sign me up for various lessons, but in everything I liked to invent my own and failed to practice the prescribed skills. I did well in maths and sciences, especially stats, more out of competition with best friend and need to prove myself.

I had three friends - one online and two from school. One I met when everyone paired up and us two were left unwanted. She had a mellow, intelligent personality and we instantly clicked. Another friend I always tried to make excuses to escape - she would criticise me for doing things not the way she wanted and ignored when I was sitting bored watching her play. Already I didn't like to waste my time/'be passively entertained' and did stretches while she was doing her thing. I became extremely flexible in all those hours I waited on her to take notice! I wouldn't confront anyone about my needs/wants until my 20's. We did play imaginative games - e.g. doing dozens of new tricks in the swimming pools, and making ad-libs - which games I led. I am still by far the most creative in swimming pools in my 30's, which worries me - what's wrong with kids these days? They all do exactly the same thing in exactly the same way as if they have no consciousness but are running a programme. o_O NPCs everywhere! It freaks me out.

Mostly, after school I ran straight home and watched my favourite cartoons until parents got back, and then I hid from them and human contact until I was forced out - to the point where I was 18 and never been to a restaurant, a party or kissed. My parents, however, punished me as if I was the most evil being - calling me worthless, stupid, pig, narcissist; throwing objects and beating for me being 'incosiderate' of them (things like keeping the lights on in my room at night that disturbed their sleep, not helping with dinner, and leaving hair in the shower) - though they themselves never set up any rules for me! Even at my graduation, I went around asking students and teachers questions on camera even after they clearly showed and said they don't want to be filmed - I persisted. I now look at it and cringe. I seemed to have an innate sense of morality (not social appropriateness), and still vividly recall the one time I convinced someone of a blatant lie, stole something and the nightmares I had when I worried my parents would raid my computer and find smut. I felt sullied for life. Nevertheless, I seemed to not register or care about truth or how others feel until my Christian transformation at 21.

In my 20's I became an avid researcher (though not systematic, and thus still struggling to commit to any conclusion). As I searched, I've changed my mind on many issues concerning health, politics and spirituality. I came to believe there was nothing more important than to improve people's lives, and the best way to do that would be to share with them my knowledge (truths as I discerned them), even at the expense of hurting feelings or alienating people. Yet, having read widely, I realised it's more effective to build people up with recognition, as it has been for me. I thus make it a point (even with strangers) to acknowledge and praise them for their positive intentions and actions as much as possible, and to help them feel understood, respected with specific feedback (think NVC). This behaviour only adds to my eccentricity. On a personal level, I think I've come to feel other people's emotions too ( I don't know from what age), and it's hard for me to feel at peace until the other person's emotions are resolved!

When it comes to truth-seeking, I mostly rely on an intuitive picture formed by fitting pieces of information together and checking whether it makes logical sense. I do look to resolve inconsistencies, but usually count on the weight of evidence and logic. When someone challenges me with contrary information/studies, I can find the flaws in the study's methodologies (misleading - not showing what it claims) etc. but I rarely go out of my way to verify all of my own beliefs. It's always something I feel I should do and try to get around to - it's hard, drudging work compared to other activities I do.

I got stuck in admin and insurance jobs, as that was all I could qualify for. I did well in one-to-one emails and conversations and self-organisation, but struggled with accuracy of details and regulations. Whenever I spoke with more than 1 person, I was ignored/not heard...and I ran from 'mingling' and small talk. I tended to innovate processes, make templates and write manuals as a unique contribution, but no one really cared. The work was soul-crushing. I spent 10 years introspecting, looking for my the 'right career for me'. I thought as strong Ni I'm supposed to know exactly what I want. :p

I don’t consider myself a particularly good listener – I think it takes conscious work on my part. I think it's only ENFJs who compliment me on my 'wonderful listening skills'. Love them. Their speech is like a warm embrace.

I’m very physically affectionate, though mostly with my very closest, though I like when others are physically affectionate towards me as long as it’s not sexual. I tried being physically affectionate with strangers, but it seems to come out awkward.

Currently, I'm married to an NT and have influenced him to improve himself to the point where he is focused on his legacy and has determined I should be a homemaker and homeschool our future kids because of how useless and evil schools are becoming, and because of the importance of emotional bonding and cognitive development in the first 5 years, which would be neglected or damaged at daycare. Although I must say I find housework very tedious, as I do all maintenance of body activities. I tend to listen to audio or try to be creative to make these activities palatable. I do think I will enjoy learning and engaging in novel pursuits with the kids! I still have vivid dreams which it seems could all be turned into best-sellers if I didn't forget them!!!! and so I still dream of a day when life will be handled and I can sit down to express my vision for things in such a way that it finally makes a societal impact. Tendency towards ill health despite efforts at healthy lifestyle continues to hold me back, and I have not been able to sleep well since I was a teen (especially with middle-of-night wakefulness). There is constant yearning to go back and re-do my past, like in Life is Strange (game).

Does my primary focus, especially through childhood, sound like Ni or Fi? It's hard for me to tell the difference between 'vision for what I want' or 'what I like/values'. I've done various MBTI tests and rated as every kind of idealist, somehow coming out slightly extroverted perhaps because I'm expressive, initiate conversation and talk a lot (maybe just informative?)... but I really crave alone time and don't like 3+ crowds or superficial chats...and never seem to have many friends (I guess I don't keep in touch!!). Cognitive functions tests rated me in this order: Ni, Te, Fe, Ne, Fi, Si, Se, Ti - which is confusing as heck. For a while I even thought I might be INTJ, as I can be pragmatic and tend to teach everyone what to think, plus perhaps have Fe trickster. :p I even thought I was an ENTP because of initiating/informing but with Ti and Fe because of pointing out logical errors, desire for truth and care to be considerate. There is, since my 20's, a sense of responsibility which interferes with my preferences and drives much of what I do. Still, reflecting on my life like this and thinking of some celebrity typings, I perceive that I may be an INFP, though there is a strong heroic sense of getting what I want (I have been voicing my wants since my 20's and persist in getting what I want somehow, someway) and poetic justice... I hope you understand why I'm confused but can see more clearly than me to finally solve this puzzle!!

As for Enneagram, I recently scored as a 1w2, and according to Richard Rorh, I would have been a 7 as a kid until some trauma hit and I became a little helping moralist. I don't know. I tend to score pretty high in 3,4 and 5 as well.

If you survived reading this, I hope you will send me a thoughtful analysis <3

·
Registered
587 Posts
Don't really know a whole lot about Enneagram. This comment stands out to me: "Yet, having read widely, I realised it's more effective to build people up with recognition, as it has been for me."

Fi is described as being a moral code guided off of personal epiphany. It's kind of like the golden rule imbued into your daily life. "Treat others the way you want to be treated." You recognized immediately that being built up helped you, so you reflect that back. Fi looks to the self and what makes YOU feel a certain way, then reflects that back out onto the world. This contrasts with Fe which typically looks to the world, understands what makes people feel a certain way, and then reflects that.

I can't give you an exact type, unfortunately, but I'd say it's safe to say you use Fi. Earlier today I saw something which posits the idea that you are unaware of your dominant function because it's so deeply ingrained into you... so I'm going to propose that Fi is one of your first few functions.

I saw Fi in other parts of your post, but I'm hesitant to point them out as to not overcloud your vision too much. :p But I hope this helps.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
"What I do remember, with fond feelings, were things like making scenarios with dolls, in comics and poems that illustrated poetic justice - the 'cool people' smoked, drunk, got teen pregnancy and died horribly while the bullied kids succeeded in life; a kid who ignored his teacher's warning and watched movies instead of learning to ride a bike crashed and the kids asked if the wall was ok; and an executioner who abused his power for greed was eventually executed by a new one who declined the offer of becoming king."

This made me LOL really badly. It sounds like this could either be Ni-Fe or Fi-Ne. Leaning on Fi-Ne.

In addition, I was quite fond of categorising - buttons, numbers, letters, bugs, toiletries... a weird hobby :) I drew calendars and wrote diary entries with very precise details about time to the very second. I thought this would be Te, but the internet seems to suggest Ti?? I was rarely bought toys so I made doll clothes out of rags, food out of berries, leaves and grating bricks. The dolls would go on long eventful journeys. I wrote poems personifying the seasons. I also learned English mainly by dancing to and singing along to songs. One diary entry talks of how proud I was to win a contest (I wrote that I felt nervous) and receive public praise (wrote I felt very happy), and to beat a class record playing connect 4."

Lol this is extroverted intuition.

Yeah you're an INFP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you so much for all your replies!
Earlier today I saw something which posits the idea that you are unaware of your dominant function because it's so deeply ingrained into you... so I'm going to propose that Fi is one of your first few functions.
Yes, that's very interesting! Thank you for the reminder!
Slagasauras,

I can see Ne in half of that description. How does the following demonstrate Ne???

"In addition, I was quite fond of categorising - buttons, numbers, letters, bugs, toiletries... a weird hobby :) I drew calendars and wrote diary entries with very precise details about time to the very second...One diary entry talks of how proud I was to win a contest (I wrote that I felt nervous) and receive public praise (wrote I felt very happy), and to beat a class record playing connect 4."
...who declined the offer of becoming king."

This made me LOL really badly.
Oh? I would love to know what you found funny ^_^ (Maybe it’s the way I said it… I use a lot of different kinds of humour but don’t know what they’re called).

What's weird is that my Ti seems to be real strong though - I really care about having the truth (never living an illusion) and preciseness (which is why I keep talking to refine what I'm trying to express). I often notice errors in logic and even correct my INTP, who actually admits I'm right a lot of the time :eek: But then today I heard that could be Te? Since I tend to get along so well with NTs, including following their logic, it's hard for me to imagine having such a weak T function. Someone who seems to know functions well told me I'm definitely an Ti-Fe user and 'pragmatic as f###'
Actually I consistently score extremely high on N and am proud to be N without ever questioning that part of my personality. Could N then be my dominant hero function, with F and T competing in the 2nd and 3rd slots? As an NFP, my T would be more visible than F so could give an impression of being a thinker. Still, apparently inferior function is only used about 5% of the time, and I tend to analyse and organise (to make sure my values achieve their desired outcome in practise) more than that. However, as an NFP my Ti would be either trickster or demon, so I would be in analysis-paralysis about type forever, just as I am with many other 'truths', even changing my mind often. Se.... well, as a housewife, singer etc I care to give people a good experience but I do find it a CHORE to try be mindful of the moment, and do all kinds of maintanence stuff. Also everytime I fell in love, it was always with the mind and heart of a person and the body was the least consideration. If it can be healthy to keep this person around longer, and not be too glaringly distracting (for good or bad), that's a good thing. I do love 'the perfect form' though (cf Plato).

Another note - I find it hard to start a task but once the ball's rolling, I tend to get lost in it and hate interruptions (usually when I'm trying to express a thought or idea, or when I'm rushing to meet a deadline).

It’s not that I mind being an INFP at all –I just want to have the most accurate conclusion to build my life upon :p I guess that’s Fi authenticity XDDDDDDDDDDDD

...So I have resorted to doing what Sol suggested...

place 10 min videointerview with a tale about yourself
So
is the video ^_^ It's almost 12 minutes - hope that's ok. :p

I do feel like I'm doing NFP-NFJ shape-shifting. One is the shadow vying for power to be the real me. Scary. XD

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks INFP. All I see is ISTJ. Although I would say you are an ISTJ that prefers to use Fi over Te. So your first fuctions are really Si/Fi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I don't know why everyone thinks INFP. All I see is ISTJ. Although I would say you are an ISTJ that prefers to use Fi over Te. So your first fuctions are really Si/Fi.
Thank you. Wow, I've never been typed as a sensor before. Always scored at least 80% on N, and constantly reading between the lines, improvising, and focusing on the long-term future. In this exercise I was asked to tell a tale about me. Is that where you picked up the dominant Si?
Or I could be an ENFP in the grip of Si, using my ISTJ subconscious?? Lol. I'm not, and never was, "popular" like ENFPs are said to be. Never had more than 3 friends at a time, and acquaintances drop off quickly. I spent a lot of alone time as a kid - probably by choice - I enjoyed it.

Could you describe how you saw me preferring Fi over Te? As a kid I was both obsessed with categorising things and letting my imagination run wild with regards to every new fandom I got into. Maybe the latter moreso as I developed command of language and began to express my ideas artistically. I created all manner of 'art' - new dances, new songs, a school, a shop, even a language which I taught to others. I was never aware of what society expects of me or cared about following traditions or what's popular.

I also enjoyed sensory experiences such as playing sports and dancing (all freestyle - I was resistant to any repetition/practise). I RARELY cared to watch anyone's art or sports for very long. If I went to a concert, I spent my time imagining myself being in the performer's place.

I was naive and sensitive to criticism, crying a lot. I don't think I cared how anyone else felt, but had sophisticated understanding of fairness and consequences. I started "planning my life" around age 16. While I feel neutral about most planning, planning big picture vision and goals (strategy) is the most exciting (and I CRAVE to do so regularly). It gets less exciting the closer it gets to day-to-day logistics.

Dad (who I'm pretty sure is an xSTJ, was wrath with me for "living in fantasy world" and not keeping the house environment clean, neat and be disciplined about bedtime etc). Actually now my husband just leaves stuff everywhere, and I have the same problem as dad did, though it's a mild annoyance at best.

At work, I always invented new ways of doing things and didn't respect any tradition until I did some research in my late 20's.

As an adult, I've been pretty obsessed with organising my life, because I've failed to achieve the ambitions I had set myself year after year. As I see the world slipping as I have, I feel a compulsion to share what I learned from experts - organisation, but also other important facts and life hacks.

I want all that I do to improve lives. Everything for me is intentional, and if it doesn't start out that way, I mould it to turn that way.
The feedback I get most from people is that I scatter myself on too many projects. Since my 20's, I'm very conscious of my life ticking away and I've quit counselling quickly as I realised 'I know what I want to do, so no use in talking about anything anymore...I'm itching to go do!"

It's hard for me to get started on a task, but I become very focused and very annoyed by interruptions. I'm aware of the cost of switching tasks, and usually I work close to deadlines. With solving a 'puzzle' such as MBTI type, or refining a piece of writing, I cannot move on until I have clarity and can neglect my physical needs pretty extremely, and regret it as I'm doing it, yet still continue to ignore them.

I skip ahead in videos and audio to the main points and speed things up at least to 1.5x, or trying to get from A to B in most efficient way (I walk really fast and direct unless I see something appealing worth stopping for), and my social interactions all have that underlying driving purpose to them (namely "survival and thriving of humanity for aeons to come", with subgoals such as creating a lifeskills school and subgoal under that such as homeschooling my own kids...and then another branch of goals such as supporting my husband as a housewife to achieve the same big mission in his own way).

My husband's biggest complaint is that I constantly tell him how to do things better (organising him with my Te). It may be better to see a video of me in a conversation with someone. I rarely appear on any videos, so all I would have is me recording behind the scenes. I could post a little compilation of that.

I did some idr labs a few days ago:
INFP:INFJ was 41:59 %. I could then either test for extroversion or thinking (I clearly know I'm intuitive) I tested F vs T - INFJ:INTJ was 29:71%!!!!! Freaked me out. I then looked at ENTJ vs INTJ (there was no test I could find) and agreed much more with ENTJ I related to it more than ENTP…

I could be in an "Te grip" though. I used to enjoy fiction until 20's, then I've had the compulsion towards non-fiction as it's more pragmatic for my current goals.

This comment has not been very systematic. XD I tend to spew out my thoughts and organise them later (maybe). I hope this provided more clarity. I'm gathering that I don't display as much Fe or Se, or even Ti... so that narrows things down a bit.

Again, I'm always touched for anyone to take the time to help a verbose stranger <3

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you. Wow, I've never been typed as a sensor before. Always scored at least 80% on N, and constantly reading between the lines, improvising, and focusing on the long-term future. In this exercise I was asked to tell a tale about me. Is that where you picked up the dominant Si?
Evidence of Fi

-What I do remember, with fond feelings, were things like making scenarios with dolls
-I don't think I cared how anyone else felt, but had sophisticated understanding of fairness and consequences

Evidence of Si
-In addition, I was quite fond of categorising - buttons, numbers, letters, bugs, toiletries... a weird hobby
- I drew calendars and wrote diary entries with very precise details about time to the very second.

Evidence of Introverted Decider
-At school I felt already as a misfit and tended to attract the 'loser boys' because I was nice to everyone
-Even at my graduation, I went around asking students and teachers questions on camera even after they clearly showed and said they don't want to be filmed - I persisted.
- I was naive and sensitive to criticism, crying a lot

Evidence of Introverted Observer (Oi)
-As an adult, I've been pretty obsessed with organising my life, because I've failed to achieve the ambitions I had set myself year after year.
-It's hard for me to get started on a task, but I become very focused and very annoyed by interruptions.
-My husband's biggest complaint is that I constantly tell him how to do things better (organising him with my Te)

Put all of this together with the fact that you understand your own preferences so well, you get Di/Oi. Or more specifically Fi/Si. You call organization Te, but thats a mistake. Organization is Ni or Si, not Te.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for the evidence!!

Your perspective is very different from what I heard everywhere else online. True Generations, Casual Cognition are some channels to name a few who speak of Te as aiming to optimise (organise) the world around them for greater efficiency/effectiveness (for achieving Fi goals). I scoured youtube and first few pages of google for cognitive functions (many of the official sites), including pages of Reddit, Tumblr and they were saying that too.

Searched google.com/search?q=mbti%20extrovert%20thinking%20Te%20organise and

google.com/search?q=mbti%20extrovert%20thinking%20Si%20organise (sorry not enough posts to add a link).

Where did you find your function definitions? Maybe it's some authoritative book that trumps my amateur searches. I'm happy to humbly admit being wrong. ^_^

I don't know why I always have to find 'potential errors' in everything. I keep thinking I come across argumentative when I just want to arrive at the truth - why waste your life on a lie? ._.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While I can see how the person above said ISTJ, I think if you look at yourself and all of your information as a whole, you seem VERY much like my husband, who is an INFP.
You do seem to be able to look at details as well as the big picture and use just as much logic as you do emotions, which kind of makes me think you could be a fellow INFJ, but I'm still leaning towards INFP. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Put all of this together with the fact that you understand your own preferences so well, you get Di/Oi. Or more specifically Fi/Si. You call organization Te, but thats a mistake. Organization is Ni or Si, not Te.
Dang I thought I deleted my earlier premature and mistake-filled reply to this!! Technical errors - my achilles heel! It no longer lets me delete ToTT

I’ve been thinking, looking into, and thinking more about what you said and you may be right! If, that is, it is an ISTJ thing to change their mind about their type as frequently as I do, to constantly be making “new stuff” and score super high on Intuition every time. No sarcasm. :) I also heard ISTJs prefer to watch than to play (sports, instrument, art etc. I want to be the doer!). Additionally, having fun doing something in many different ways rather than the boring “tried and true”.

What I do find is that those “new ways of doing things” are a synthesis of past learnings. E.g. I remember my childhood dance repertoire including leaps, twirls, twists…and increasingly more as I later saw and adopted elements of the hula, belly dance, modern etc. The lyrics or melody would trigger an emotion in me that would trigger a memory of a move that seemed appropriate to express the Fi and voila! A lot of my photography is a case of “Hey this looks like X” – e.g. raindrops on the spider web looking like a string of pearly beads.

I also had an affinity for the classic and retro from a young age that never left, even feeling nostalgic for times that were before my own, as if I was meant to be born centuries ago. I’m obsessed with the idea of time-travel, especially if it would allow for fixing past mistakes as regret weighs heavily on me. Life is Strange is a game I can relate to and I sometimes use the short rewind power in my sleep! I’ve been a lot like Max growing up – she’s typed as INFP.

I like to try new experiences with what I suspect is a background agenda to increase my personal life repertoire – whether it be adopting new memes or a new dish into my home-made cooking. I still can’t think of how “he rode his bike upside down” in my poem was nothing less than an original idea, but I guess ISTJs can have them on occasion. ;)

Is it normal for the introvert function to interfere with the extrovert? I find that my RAM is full of stuff I need to act on that I’m trying to not forget, and Si is often intrusive when I’m supposed to be paying attention to new information. “Oh that reminds me of…” is a common reason for others (including audio) having to repeat themselves.

Not everything gets passively remembered by my Si. It seems to be a servant of Te and Fi. As an example from my writing, I will spout the facts but with a purpose of illustrating cause and effect – namely, teaching people about consequences, then passing a moral judgement. For example, when I was 10-11, I wrote a long description of our picnic setting. Then as the scene was set, I wrote how I was sitting on a seesaw and dad plopped himself hard on the other side, with me flying off and hitting the bars. I was severely bruised, but explained it could have been worse. I wrote how he laughed and didn’t apologise, which hurt me emotionally (Fi), so conclusion (Te) he must be an a-hole. I don’t forget lessons, or what people did. Pretty sure I learned to be ‘considerate’ through the internal reflections of Fi-Si.

I tend to forget whatever led me to a conclusion (e.g. what your boyfriend said or did last week, or what your specific words were, or even your birthday), but I will remember that you were born the same day as the Queen, or that we agreed that you would do X, Y and Z and follow up with you and 7 other people the same day about their agreements (I do not need an external list to remember all that everyone has to do ;)). I will remember life hacks e.g. exercising early after waking and before a mental task, but not who taught them or the reasoning and examples behind them. I can’t recall what most movies I watched were about, or even the names of the characters. Also I can re-watch something and have a completely new experience of it because of my changed perspective of the world. I like going back to things from my past to relive an experience – things like a song or a location can bring back a whole flurry of associated multi-sensory memories. Sometimes I don’t even mind a full range of emotions as long as the stimuli can be started or stopped at my will. Doesn’t work too well on people. ;)

Is this smacking of a less dominant (thus more fallible) Si, compared to my Fi or even Te?

The CS Joseph video “Who Are The ISTJs?”
resonates with me:
1) socially awkward but can learn to adapt
2) ‘I won’t stop until I figure out the answer’ finisher type obsession
3) I had many misadventures early on with the mainstream, so I actually started ‘questioning the experts’ early on and have partially verified much of what I know and believe, which is usually not the mainstream perspective. Rather than being tied down to traditions, I see myself as an ‘independent thinker’, testing (at least with pure logic) the new and the old. I never hold onto any belief, knowing I could still dig deeper to verify my beliefs and check the validity of sources. I can do it competently, but it is very taxing on me and I often get headaches from the endeavour.

4) insecurity about the impression/experience I give to others and tendency to think the world is doomed
5) I understand the value of giving the best first impression and how cleanliness of my home reflects on me as a housewife, yes I pick things off my husband lol – don’t make us look like we’re from the slums!
6) I warned others about consequences since I was little – and these warnings are more evidence-backed and come with easy-to-apply tactics now but still ignored. It makes me very mad and maybe even entertain the idea of misanthropy (from ‘society is doomed, hit the reset button’), but I have yet to give someone intentionally bad advice!!!!

I also get very precise and give *all* the details when making a point, which is another husband gripe as he has already apparently understood what I’m saying by the time I opened my mouth (intuitives!!! Lol). Doesn’t seem to gripe when I use my detail-orientation to be a perfect little housewife. :p ^_^ Not having the same heart-stabbing, gut-punching Fi reactions to human foibles anymore… I must be mellowing out in my old age.

P.S. Half-jokingly - does being so verbose make me an extrovert? :p
P.P.S. To answer your earlier question, everyone is thinking INFP because they see the same 4 functions, and perhaps notice them to different degrees depending on their focus? Although most point to my Fi/Te, the type of sensing and intuition I prefer had remained a mystery.
P.P.P.S. I checked out the ISTJ and INFP profiles on typeinmind.com, and definitely relate more to the former. I do love to express my imagination through art, but I’m definitely not that interested in the stories behind things or people watching, as I am in people reaching win-win life goals – the whole humanity thriving thing. Too much talk about feelings actually makes me feel very awkward. I also lose patience with most spiritual talk like "your life is not real, it's just a construct".

Still don’t mind being shown to be whatever other type – would rather live a harsh truth than a pleasant lie – seems more useful.

Ok that’s my (more than) 2 cents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
able to look at details as well as the big picture and use just as much logic as you do emotions
Eeks yeah that would be hard to type. I heard that we tend to use our hero function with the most excitement and ease. Auxilary tends to be pretty strong at my age (31), child function is as good as a 10 year old and inferior is at the level of a toddler.I suppose if one *had* to develop more inferior functions, they would look stronger. Child function we use innocently (not smugly) and can be right more often because of it. Inferior tends to be aspirational - wanting to be more like that. When a person's child or inferior is criticised, they are most sensitive and easily offended.

Have you seen evidence of Ni, Fe, Ti, Se that you can point to? So far we covered only the other 4 functions as I recall. Did you see anything distinct, even in body language or presentation, in the video?

think you could be a fellow INFJ
Do I have to be mystically minded in terms of personal development? I usually only like to go as far as a couple of documentaries such as What the Bleep, quantum entanglement and a movie about soulmates. I just as readily would watch Sci-fi, or history, or a comedy. Other spiritual stuff I have very little patience for, rather looking for to-the-point life advice.

Thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts