Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sharing all of your vivid, gorgeous images? That painting you've always wanted to show to inspire people? Volunteer your butt off?
Discuss. Also, what are the barriers to achieving this right now?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not really interested in leaving a mark on the world. I just want to feel fulfilled and like I've lived my life to the fullest. I know it's kind of a cliche. I'd really like to teach English in a foreign country at some point during my life, and while it would educate people, I don't think it really leaves a permanent mark.

The barriers preventing me from feeling fulfilled are my high expectations and self doubt. I'm actively working to overcome these though.

·
Registered
ENFJ
644 Posts
Honestly, I don't think about or have a desire to "leave a mark". I just want to live life well and be as good as I can to others.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Honestly, I don't think about or have a desire to "leave a mark". I just want to live life well and be as good as I can to others.
This is pretty close to how I feel as well. If my future children can prosper and live as well/better than I do in my adult life then I will feel as though I have accomplished something.

I know I leave many marks with people because I am someone they can confide in and they know I will never judge them. To know I have already helped many people through out my life is good enough for me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm with the others, I don't really have a desire to leave a mark on the world. I'll be happy to know that I've had a positive effect on the lives of my friends and family. Maybe that itself, is the mark that I wish to leave on this world? Ehhh who knows. xP

·
Registered
108 Posts
I only want to be remembered fondly by my friends and family. Most of what I want to do in my life if for myself rather than 'the world'. If I can do and see the things I want and feel like I didn't miss out on opportunities then I will be happy.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I want to leave behind the best of who I am and spread beauty and happiness.
I can only hope that that causes other people to want to be the best of who they are.
So I guess that's the mark I want to leave.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I agree with the other ISFPs who have posted here, I don't really have a desire to leave a mark on the world.

I just try to bring joy to the people around me everyday by giving them a smile and asking them how they are doing. I try to show that I care in smaller ways.

I do have a long list of things I want to do before I die, and I try to cross something off every three months or so. I'm always adding to the list, but nothing on it is really big or world-changing.

I do see a need in my local community for education about recycling and littering. It's a problem that bothers me and I'd like to do something about it. Part of the issue is immigrants who are unaware of the damage it causes. They're not intentionally trying to do harm, they've just never been educated on the matter. My boyfriend is an immigrant and he really brought this to my attention. I'm thinking I'll have to learn a new language (which is on my list anyway) and go door to door with pamphlets, or something. Still working on that one.:happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts