Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you act? Do you remain aloof and try to figure out if you can trust the person? Do you idealize what your mate should be like and then pick apart your date? Do you hope the other person takes the lead? Do you even want to be with other people? Is there a conflict between needing alone time and wanting someone else to be with you and understand you?

I'm still trying to figure this INFP out and I don't quite know what I should be doing to let him know I'm interested without pushing him away. How does one know if an INFP is interested when they move so slowly?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Personally, I push relationships fast, maybe too fast. I'll usually score -at least- a kiss on the first night and will often be holding their hand within 1-2 hours in. 2-4 hours in I may be philosophical and start future talking, but in hypotheticals. Chances are, anytime after that, they're in my bed. I have a soul-seeking mentality which makes me get to know you ASAP and to do that I need to invoke emotional responses from both of us. After the emotions are up high, I start to dissect everything and that's where I'll start to patch areas of conflict. In some / most cases this ends up with "the end" being near as some people won't compromise on certain aspects.

For your specific questions,
Act? Comedic at first and a little confrontational. I may be nervous, but I sure as hell know the girl is usually worse so I act confident :D.

Trust issues? Nah. I don't have that issue early on, but questions of cheating, past relationships / history etc, will come in so I can judge character better.

Idealize? If anything I'm blind for the first while just trying to impress the girl with what I can do. Ironically once they've accepted me then I start to see if I can accept them, truly.

Other person takes the lead? Not at all. However, from what I've read around here i'm sure a few INFPs would prefer the other person to take the lead (particularly the women).

Be with other people? No, you're the only person that's on my mind at that moment. Even after the dates over I'll ruminate it basically till the day I die, just in different frequencies :D.

Alone time? I'm not unhappy being alone, but I prefer not to be overall. I just don't expect people to be able to tolerate it when I nerd out on the computer or something.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's funny you should mention this. I've just finnished watching Sense and Sensibility (1995) and saw a lot of myself in Marianne. I'm very shy around strangers, but if I have a connection with someone, I fall head over heels for them, and yes, do become idealistic. All reason goes out the window.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm not one into relationships, but when I am developing a friendly relationship, I tend to go quite fast by spending a chunk of time with that person. That person, probably sick of me, then finds another friend and leaves me, choking in the dust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts