Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally moved out of my shell after 9 months [heh, the irony :p] and into a simple employment agency 2 week work shop for new Canadian residents. I'm there to pass the time as well as gain a few skills.

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying the experience and beginning to see myself as a "person" again. I had stopped seeing myself as human, or capable of achievement, or even belonging in the world for a while.

I feel a fire in my belly --- a desire to connect with people --- make friends and talk to them.

In 2 days, I think I've already made a friend. Had a couple of lunches together [yesterday and today]. Seems like a nice guy and we get along really well. He's into cricket and soccer and so am I --- common ground and common interests.

So .. yah .. after 9 months --- having real human company feels good.

Also ... I'm viewing myself from the lens of my recent discoveries and keeping all those things in mind [the things that I've had JCF and Enneagrams point out to me, about me] --- and am noticing that by sticking to inherent behaviour and following my instincts instead of over-thinking and over-analysing things, I've noticed that I'm having a much easier time connecting with people, as well as just generally enjoying my experience.

This probably goes without saying, but I am far the most gregarious and talkative person in the workshop even if I'm not the most accomplished - or even if I don't have anything intelligent to say :p I just realized how much I love talking in front of a group of people.

I love the atmosphere.

Hopefully this helps me improve and learn more about the Canadian Job Market. There's some sort of post-workshop mentorship program where I get to be assigned to a related professional in my chosen industry. There may also be a 2 month volunteer work placement that can come out of this [if all goes well].

I usually share only negative stuff with you guys --- figured it might be nice to talk about some positive changes as well :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It's weird, because PerC has become somewhat a part of my real life. When I don't "see" people on here that I usually "see," I actually miss them.
Was that supposed to go in @Crono's thread? 'Cuz dude, you've been missing for a while. I'm still posting up a storm :p

Which reminds me ... I'm gonna scoot on over to the other thread and give him a warm welcome for his return :)

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

I jest :p

Sometimes our emotional lows are entirely down to our own shitty perspective of the world; some days all we really need is to pull open the curtains, see what a beautiful day it's going to be and go out and own it. :tongue:

Anyways, all the people down here are rooting for Team Jawz ^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts