Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is one of those long all-about-me threads. Tbh I can't decide which personality type I am. I've been trying to decide for a while now. Thanks for your patience! :)

How much of this seems INTP-ish?

-When making a decision I tend to make that decision (either by imagination or literally) first to test how it works, and if I don't like it, then I change my mind. For example, I keep changing what my personality type appears as on PerC.

-This is me in class...
Teacher - Coffee beans are acidic
Me - *thinks about it* Actually I think coffee is probably basic. Coffee is bitter, and bitter things are usually basic.
Teacher - I think it's acidic. I say that because it causes acid reflux.
Me - *thinks more about this but doesn't say any more. decides that coffee (or something in coffee) must be basic because the reaction between an acid (like stomach acid) and a base (like caffiene) would cause the sphyncter (sorry for spelling) between the stomach and the esophagus to not be able to stay closed and the stomach acid would leak into the esophagus and cause burning) doesn't know any of this for sure but thinks her theory makes sense enough. Makes a mental note to google the acidity of coffee later and perhaps google the causes of acid reflux too*
Teacher - *has been talking the whole time when I finally snap out of my thoughts*

-I can come up with many fresh ideas, but I can also take one and soar with it (in other words obsess over it until every detail is right)

-People tell me that I over-analyze things to the point where it's no longer a strength of mine but a weakness

-I can't decide wether I'm extroverted or introverted. I think I'm quite content with both.

-I'm excentric/quirky. I would be the person to dress up all crazy and stuff.

-I despise when people do things "by the book". I really do hate it. New ways of doing things are always good, even if they are more inefficient because I have more fun when things aren't the same all the time. I'm not into schedules, and tend to decide to do things very last minute and enjoy it more if it wasn't planned.

-I'm very touched by stories, especially ones my friends tell me.

-Brilliant ideas

-I love to lead.

-I've always been childish yet mature. I don't show my mature side to many people though. I frequently got frustrated when I was younger that kids wouldn't grow up as fast as I did.

-I don't take well to critisism....at all...

-People describe me as being authentic, not two-faced, ect...

Feel free to ask me questions if you need to know more.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah one more thing

I get annoyed when things aren't perfect. I like to do things myself to make sure they're done right the first time. I will spend the time to make a PowerPoint look just right because I think it's the little details that make the biggest difference on the overall picture.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
-When making a decision I tend to make that decision (either by imagination or literally) first to test how it works, and if I don't like it, then I change my mind. For example, I keep changing what my personality type appears as on PerC.

-I can come up with many fresh ideas, but I can also take one and soar with it (in other words obsess over it until every detail is right)

-People tell me that I over-analyze things to the point where it's no longer a strength of mine but a weakness

-I can't decide wether I'm extroverted or introverted. I think I'm quite content with both.

-I'm excentric/quirky. I would be the person to dress up all crazy and stuff.

-I despise when people do things "by the book". I really do hate it. New ways of doing things are always good, even if they are more inefficient because I have more fun when things aren't the same all the time. I'm not into schedules, and tend to decide to do things very last minute and enjoy it more if it wasn't planned.

-I'm very touched by stories, especially ones my friends tell me.

-Brilliant ideas

-I love to lead.

-I've always been childish yet mature. I don't show my mature side to many people though. I frequently got frustrated when I was younger that kids wouldn't grow up as fast as I did.

-I don't take well to critisism....at all...

-People describe me as being authentic, not two-faced, ect...

Feel free to ask me questions if you need to know more.
I get annoyed when things aren't perfect. I like to do things myself to make sure they're done right the first time. I will spend the time to make a PowerPoint look just right because I think it's the little details that make the biggest difference on the overall picture.
Everything that I bolded would be some traits that I have. I relate to the over-analyzation, eccentricity, unconventionality, childishness combined with maturity, and perfectionism.
However, I rather just get something done quickly than joke around with it. If I come up with a better way of doing something, I'll just use that way, but I won't make up any other ways that just prolong the process. If it's classwork, then I rather be doing something else. If it's chores, I rather do something else. I also don't dress crazily, I just dress in my own style, which tends to be kind of low-key.

You seem to be more extraverted than introverted. I have not really heard of that many INTPs who like to lead, you rather test things out first (in decision making) than think it totally through first (which would be Ti, I believe), and if you have a lot of ideas (you mentioned "brilliant ideas") then I'd say Ne-dom.
Also, most INTPs take criticism pretty well.
...and, I'm sort of two-faced. I put on a mask during the school day that I take off every afternoon.
As for being touched by stories, I'm just sort of cold. Stories about people or animals have never really affected me that much. You might just have a developed Fe, but I'd say F.
You sound kind of like my ENFP father.
Do you like to run around outside, or just be doing something all the time? What are common topics of conversation for you? Are you able to small talk? Are you okay with disturbing social peace (such as making a statement that goes against the group mentality)? Do you tend to daydream a lot? Do you tend to get obsessed with things? How easily are you able to relate with people? Do you have few (1-5) or many (5+) friends? Do people seem to flock around you?

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything that I bolded would be some traits that I have. I relate to the over-analyzation, eccentricity, unconventionality, childishness combined with maturity, and perfectionism.
However, I rather just get something done quickly than joke around with it. If I come up with a better way of doing something, I'll just use that way, but I won't make up any other ways that just prolong the process. If it's classwork, then I rather be doing something else. If it's chores, I rather do something else. I also don't dress crazily, I just dress in my own style, which tends to be kind of low-key.

You seem to be more extraverted than introverted. I have not really heard of that many INTPs who like to lead, you rather test things out first (in decision making) than think it totally through first (which would be Ti, I believe), and if you have a lot of ideas (you mentioned "brilliant ideas") then I'd say Ne-dom.
Also, most INTPs take criticism pretty well.
...and, I'm sort of two-faced. I put on a mask during the school day that I take off every afternoon.
As for being touched by stories, I'm just sort of cold. Stories about people or animals have never really affected me that much. You might just have a developed Fe, but I'd say F.
You sound kind of like my ENFP father.
Do you like to run around outside, or just be doing something all the time? What are common topics of conversation for you? Are you able to small talk? Are you okay with disturbing social peace (such as making a statement that goes against the group mentality)? Do you tend to daydream a lot? Do you tend to get obsessed with things? How easily are you able to relate with people? Do you have few (1-5) or many (5+) friends? Do people seem to flock around you?
Do you like to run around outside, or just be doing something all the time?
Yes

What are common topics of conversation for you?
Anything that lets me dream or be creative. I also like to debate things like religion.

Are you able to small talk?
Eh...
Yeah I guess. Small talk is okay if we've just met, but I want something more in friendships.

Are you okay with disturbing social peace (such as making a statement that goes against the group mentality)?
Yeah in a kind way though.
I love to start debates. Sometimes I'll hypothetically take a stance that I don't have just to see what reasons I can come up with for someone not agreeing with me.

Do you tend to daydream a lot?
Yup...all the time :)

Do you tend to get obsessed with things?
Yes!!!

How easily are you able to relate with people?
Not well, unless they share the same interests as I do (such as anime!! ^_^)

Do you have few (1-5) or many (5+) friends?
I have a lot of close friends.

Do people seem to flock around you?
No, not really. Although, I'm usually the one in the center if there are three of us walking together (that is, if the other two people are introverts)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ehhhh Just the vibe I get seems more NF, but I could be wrong. I'd say you're probably closest with ENFP; you sound a lot like my ENFP friend in your writing. You also sound like an extrovert as well...

If you love to lead, chances are, you're not an INTP haha :) but you could be an exception. You also seem pretty Fi too...

Definitely prolly have some Ne in there, but Im getting much more of an Fi/Te kinda thing goin on than a Ti/Fe kinda thing.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My thought pattern while reading this post went something like this:

"I can't stand OP's avatar."

Reactions: Dashing

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Do you like to run around outside, or just be doing something all the time?
Yes

What are common topics of conversation for you?
Anything that lets me dream or be creative. I also like to debate things like religion.

Are you able to small talk?
Eh...
Yeah I guess. Small talk is okay if we've just met, but I want something more in friendships.

Are you okay with disturbing social peace (such as making a statement that goes against the group mentality)?
Yeah in a kind way though.
I love to start debates. Sometimes I'll hypothetically take a stance that I don't have just to see what reasons I can come up with for someone not agreeing with me.

Do you tend to daydream a lot?
Yup...all the time :)

Do you tend to get obsessed with things?
Yes!!!

How easily are you able to relate with people?
Not well, unless they share the same interests as I do (such as anime!! ^_^)

Do you have few (1-5) or many (5+) friends?
I have a lot of close friends.

Do people seem to flock around you?
No, not really. Although, I'm usually the one in the center if there are three of us walking together (that is, if the other two people are introverts)
You seem to be ENFP. You seem to be very F in your writing, and your answers correspond with those of my dad and other ENFPs I know.
You care about people and people's feelings, which strikes me as more of an F thing to do.
You can also engage in small talk, the bane of INTPs.
Judging by your avatar choice, you are an F.
So you are most likely not really leaning towards introvert, and not a T.
(btw, ENFPs are sometimes called the "introverted extraverts" which might explain your indifference to that matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts