Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing might sound like a rant.

So, I'm a 17-year old dude, and I feel like an epic failure regarding girls. I'm not depressed (used to be 2 years ago, but "cured" it. Long story.) but I am a major failure. When I like a girl, I don't have the guts to actually discuss with her (generally speaking), I'm used to being attracted to her A LOT and use to do dumb shit (I know it's dumb! But I feel like I like her so much *_* ) such as trying to chat a lot on FB and other retarded stuff. And usually I end up begging her for forgiveness, but I know it won't work at all. I do a lot of retarded FB things since I am not quite capable of speaking with people (being a introvert... extreme one quite.).

I don't know, I never had a date, or a GF. Yet I feel like I'm somehow mentally retarded or whatnot. Am I the only one who's like this?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts

So, I'm a 17-year old dude, and I feel like an epic failure regarding girls. I'm not depressed (used to be 2 years ago, but "cured" it. Long story.) but I am a major failure. When I like a girl, I don't have the guts to actually discuss with her (generally speaking), I'm used to being attracted to her A LOT and use to do dumb shit (I know it's dumb! But I feel like I like her so much *_* ) such as trying to chat a lot on FB and other retarded stuff. And usually I end up begging her for forgiveness, but I know it won't work at all. I do a lot of retarded FB things since I am not quite capable of speaking with people (being a introvert... extreme one quite.).

I don't know, I never had a date, or a GF. Yet I feel like I'm somehow mentally retarded or whatnot. Am I the only one who's like this?

ew ew ew.. gross! you're such a creep. you got cooties!!!! stay away.

There's a few million women out there... you're bound to find one who likes you for who you are. What's your rush? Besides, go out and do something fun for yourself. go hiking or something. You'll meet another like-mind fish eventually.

Heads up, boy. You have many years ahead of you before your internal battery ceases to function.

INTP's are underpowered robots... you just need to seek out that energizer bunny battery to keep you going and going and going.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

Yeah, man. You know she isn't right if you have to beg and stuff. I won't even ask you to go out and socialize because (at least I) we suck at that. Probably school, college, classes, etc.? Learn to read people and learn what type (not talking about personality types) you'd like and try to talk 'by chance'.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Err well I’m not sure my story will inspire him much, I’m 9 years down the road and not a FB stalker.

So yeah dude, you’re not the only one who sucks with women. 26 and I haven’t so much as held hands with one. Don’t turn into me, stalk harder, faster and stronger! Perhaps the fact that you have another 9 years before you end up as sad as me will allow you to feel better. There’s always someone who has it worse :p
I wish you luck.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Creep NHCover

I usually have great advice, but when it comes to relationships nothing I've ever done has worked out. I did try to cover Radiohead's Creep. Probably the best cover I ever finished, that doesn't mean it's any good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
haha silly. you're not a creep. you're just insecure. be yourself and don't worry so much about what girls think. a girl who likes you will like you for being yourself. don't apologize for liking someone.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts

begging her forgiveness for what? Chatting?
don't do that, even if you feel awkward. It's a turn-off. Confidence is attractive, pursuing most women is attractive. So you should chat with one you are interested, just don't show her you feel weird about it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

1. You're 17 so while you may feel like a failure with the girls, you haven't started with the women yet! Yay, you have so much time ahead of you. Seriously, don't worry.
2. Feeling like a failure is a symptom of depression. So are feelings of self-blame. I'm not trying to tell you that you are depressed, but for the sake of saving space: it takes two to tango. Your lack of a girlfriend is not a failure caused by your personal failings. It involves many things, and the 'many things' change from person to person, time period to time period.
3. I'm not quite clear on whether you are talking about one specific girl, or multiple girls. I assume you mean many, with the "generally speaking." I'm a bit confused by the part of your post that I bolded in the quote. Could you please clarify a little?
4. Also, what are you begging forgiveness for? Only beg for forgiveness if you seriously fucked up, like you ran over her cat. Otherwise, apologize for whatever wrong you have done and let it be. The other person has to forgive, you cannot make anyone forgive you by asking over and over. You probably just shouldn't beg for forgiveness ever, actually. Even if you run over her cat. If someone won't forgive you unless you beg, they probably suck as a friend.
5. General advice: If you are begging for forgiveness because you feel like your facebook activities are awkward, stop immediately. You are being super awkward.

Reactions: Tanuchiro

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Just remember that when a girl says no, she really means yes.

*ducks*
a woman would mean yes when she says no while she ducks? thats awesome. never knew that. *chicken*

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I have some sure-fire ways to NOT be a creep:

1.) Avoid wearing trucker hats, breathing deeply, and talking about your Ma.

2.) Do not stand closely behind another girl or you'll receive a Helga back-fist in the face.

3.) Wear deodorant, avoid AXE, brush your teeth. If you really want to outdo yourself, shower.

4.) Don't pretend to be who you are not.

5.) Don't talk only about yourself to others.

6.) Don't complain or flaunt your accomplishments.

7.) Actively do what you enjoy. If possible, seek out activities, classes, or meet-up groups that are geared toward what you like.

8.) Women or guys (if that's what you're into) are people with flaws, troubles and big toes. They are not perfect, so don't treat them as such.

9.) Erase your interest browser history.

10.) Thou shall not -- whoops, wrong list.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
I would stop with the begging shit, that's not cool. Other than that you're a normal awkward INTP, nothing to worry about, after you leave your little highschool bubble you'll meet a shit ton of people who look past the social hierarchies of retardom, and will accept you for who ya be.

2.) Do not stand closely behind another girl or you'll receive a Helga back-fist in the face.
I know this kid who does that. He was over once, and he likes this chick Ashley I'm friends with. He followed her everywhere throughout my house at a one foot distance. It was funny to watch her freak out.

Reactions: hotmustard632

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ok. First off ... there's a girl in the world who will find that adorable and you'll think she's hot ... but I don't even think that's what you want to hear right now.

No, you're not weird. No, you're not a creep (although, keep that up and you may start to cross the line, heh).

By the way, check this thread out: http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/41550-flirting.html ... you're not as strange as you may think -- or at least, you have company in your strangeness. ^_^

1 - 20 of 56 Posts