Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Truer words have never spoken my friend. Being an INFJ is an honor and curse at the same time. Kind of like being a jedi. :happy: At least were not alone in the world and there are others who feel the same exact way you feel. There have been a lot of INFJs who accomplished a lot in their life times so I guess they managed to break through the glass.

Jordan:happy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Haha yeah. I usually see what is happening but when I try to step in it fails and I get repeled
Sounds like you got repelled by some force field or invisible glass wall. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
well, sometimes I just think about this while looking at other's people life and how they handle it

"when I look out there it makes me gLAD im not YOU! i've got experiments to run, there is research to be done for the people who are still alive!"

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Craziest for me would be playing football.

All the guys on the team other than me would get so riled up... feeding off of each other like one big mass, jumping around before a game, shouting.

But me... like so many INFJs... I didn't feel like I was part of the team. I'd be standing outside the mass... the orgy of energy and emotion... feeling quite disconnected from it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
In a sense, we're bless that we're behind glass walls. It seems like some people are behind solid walls; they interact with other people, but they never seem to learn from others' mistakes. Even if they've seen someone else mess up, they can do exactly the same thing and still be surprised to get the same result as the person before them.

Lucky INFJ's. We get to watch everyone else make the same mistakes over and over. :bored:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Oh yeah the glass wall feeling sucks when you actually wanted to be on the other side for once. It is nice though when you are relaxing and just want to watch so everyone is not expecting anything fancy out of you. I occationaly venture out but it quickly gets overwhelming and I need to step back, reflect, and plan my next move so I do not do anything stupid or scare anyone away since we have so little experience being on the other side.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah, we're an introspecting type, aren't we? The great thing about glass is that it can be shattered. As much as I love having this glass barrier, going to the other side wouldn't be a bad thing. I need to collect information from experience and not just trying to analyze from an afar distance.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
This is precisely how I have always viewed myself, as an observer. I think it is a very beautiful, pristine existence, if somewhat lonely from time to time. Our keen intuition frees us from the mundane world of the tactile. We do not need to actually experience something directly, do not need to touch it, taste it, smell it, to discern its secrets. Of course, this is not to disparage those who rely more on their senses; both are perfectly valid means of processing the world, and each can lead to new truths.

I am rarely happier than when I am on a train or bus, alone with my thoughts and the ever-changing view from the window. I need not to physically explore each individual area I pass, for I have already touched it with my mind; climbed its peaks, swam in its lakes and rivers, felt its swaying grasses against my cheek. It elicits a strange fusion of tranquility, euphoria, and melancholy.

I am an utterly passive creature, content to allow the world to unfold around me; to observe, perceive, compartmentalize. I have no wish to influence or criticize another organism, for it is impossible for any entity to act other than in perfect compliance with the laws of the universe. Everything is natural. It cannot be otherwise. To impose myself upon this would be to shatter the vision, to wake the dreamer.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah very true.

I decided to step from behind the glass wall and participate but now I just want to shout "you suck" at everyone because of the things I've experienced and want to go back behind the glass wall.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Being an INFJ is like watching life from behind a glass wall
True.

But understanding the true potential of an INFJ is like watching life from behind a glass with some *feeling gloves in it.

*define:feeling gloves
- thin gloves attached to glass in which you can stick your hands in.

Reactions: owlbird

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Craziest for me would be playing football.

All the guys on the team other than me would get so riled up... feeding off of each other like one big mass, jumping around before a game, shouting.

But me... like so many INFJs... I didn't feel like I was part of the team. I'd be standing outside the mass... the orgy of energy and emotion... feeling quite disconnected from it.
Yeah, that's exactly how I felt when I played football.

Even now, my life is still behind a glass wall. I always feel separated from everyone, and any time that I don't feel like that, it's just an illusion because in the end, it always turns out that I was separated all along.

I feel like crawling into a cave lately, and living there for a good decade. :dry:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts