Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this from an article;
Some people are very sensitive to energy, whether it’s the energy of a place or location, people’s energy, geological or geothermal energy, nature energy, animal or plant energy, or even color or light energy. Some people are sensitive to the energy of objects, receiving information from holding them.
The truth is, I can be very sensitive to people's energy mostly. And when it comes to feeling their energies, I don't even need to speak to them, look at them or be within near distance of them. It's as though the energies are just in the air.

When someone I know in real life harbors hatred towards me, even from afar and even without direct communication, I can feel it and it has caused a little (though not serious) physical pain.

When someone I know or care about in real life feels needy towards me, even from afar and even without direct communication, I can feel it and at times it causes me to feel like I'm ''drowning.'' (If it's someone I care about, I like it and hate it at the same time)

Even when it comes to the internet. When there's an online friend harboring angry thoughts towards me, I can feel it too.

At first, I thought,''oh my there must be something wrong with me or my head.'' Not anymore, I've grown to accept it.

If you don't like me or get annoyed with me, please don't broadcast too much negative energy towards me :crazy: I know not everyone likes me.

It doesn't make me weak though. I've grown stronger in dealing with energies, compared to the past.

Does anyone feel exactly the same way? Being sensitive to vibrational energies from people, places or objects?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I feel that way at times. Opposite thoughts also occur though, sometimes I find that my fear has painted a false image of people's thoughts and feelings. I don't know how to distinguish them from one another too well. For instance, I think people are bored of me and don't want me around, so I am silent and distant and imagine people saying stuff about me. I don't know if they do though.
But usually when it's not negative things directed at me, yes, I definitely feel that. Through whatever means, though I prefer any kind of physical contact or eye contact. But even when there's no contact I can still get giddy or happy or sad or surprised like it's a contagious disease. Like I can feel things through others. Maybe it's a delusion. But it's a nice delusion. I like crying tears of whatever kind with others.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I see..I read this from an article though

2. There is a sense of calmness and certainty in the intuitive awareness. While it is not always easy to trust intuition at first (mostly because that is not a generally accepted practice of socialization in our formative years), there is a feeling of confidence in the intuitive insight. Authentic intuition just feels right when it is.
Thus negative self doubt in excess, especially when it's repetitive, might not be intuition.

I think when you read people's energies, you have that ''just knowing'' sense at a very deep seated level. Heh. I think it actually takes some effort to know what intuition really is.

Sorry if I don't make sense.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*Shrugs* Intuition can help us understand some neglected aspects of life better, it's not always necessarily illogical. Just because vibrational energies haven't been fully expanded by scientific studies, it doesn't mean they're not there.

477 Posts
*Shrugs* Intuition can help us understand some neglected aspects of life better, it's not always necessarily illogical. Just because vibrational energies haven't been fully expanded by scientific studies, it doesn't mean they're not there.
You could also say that just because invisible, flying gnomes that shoot laser beams out of their eyes haven't been fully expanded by scientific studies, it doesn't mean that they're not there. I consider believing in something simply because there is a lack of disproof pretty illogical.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Absolutely. I know exactly what you mean. At times it's felt like being physically assaulted. A couple of times it's even made me ill, particularly if I've had to deal with someone harboring hatred at close proximity. I commented in the other thread about the whole empathic thing because this had become a pretty big thing for me too. I've really been able to help a couple people because of it, but it's been hard to predict or control for me. I have learned how to manage it though.

And you're dead on about it making you stronger.

izzie, you seem to nave the opposite problem that I do currently. I have learned to channel/shield myself well enough that I have a hard time turning it off so that I can use the empath thing positively. Sounds like the opposite is true of you.

In short, you can learn to ground/shield yourself from this kind of thing. It's a pretty simple to do, but it takes a lot of practice to get it down well. It's kind of a long description. If you're interested in me explaining what I do, let me know.Otherwise, I dDon't want to write a mini novel if it's not needed :wink:

You could also say that just because invisible, flying gnomes that shoot laser beams out of their eyes haven't been fully expanded by scientific studies, it doesn't mean that they're not there. I consider believing in something simply because there is a lack of disproof pretty illogical.
That's not exactly fair. Read my post in the other empath thread and explain that for me, if you can. Science doesn't/can't explain all kinds of stuff that happens. Check out a book called the Science of Intention sometime. It's a fascinating read.

Our thoughts have been proven, scientifically, to affect subatomic particles in experiments. For example, they had a test in a So Cal university where they hung hundreds of spoons from the roof and had people come in and concentrate on moving them by thinking about them (secretly writing down the one they picked). Each spoon had a volt and tilt meter attached. In over 90% of the cases, a huge spike in force and voltage was recorded. Or what about the subatomic crystal experiment that was shown to be measurable affected by the opinions of the scientists running the experiment. The results changed to match the beliefs of scientists doing it. Or what about particles that instantly change when another, previously connected particle changes. Instantly, regardless of distance (which negates the theory of relativity). Science acknowledges these things, but cannot explain them yet.

Remember, they branded Galileo a heretic for noticing things we now take as everyday fact. Don't be so swift to decide what is and isn't. The universe is ever so much more interesting than we 'enlightened' (chuckle snort) modern types like to think

477 Posts
Absolutely. I know exactly what you mean. At times it's felt like being physically assaulted. A couple of times it's even made me ill, particularly if I've had to deal with someone harboring hatred at close proximity. I commented in the other thread about the whole empathic thing because this had become a pretty big thing for me too. I've really been able to help a couple people because of it, but it's been hard to predict or control for me. I have learned how to manage it though.

izzie, you seem to nave the opposite problem that I do currently. I have learned to channel/shield myself well enough that I have a hard time turning it off so that I can use the empath thing positively. Sounds like the opposite is true of you.

In short, you can learn to ground/shield yourself from this kind of thing. It's a pretty simple to do, but it takes a lot of practice to get it down well. It's kind of a long description. If you're interested in me explaining what I do, let me know.Otherwise, I dDon't want to write a mini novel if it's not needed :wink:
Can you teach how to shield yourself from flying invisible gnomes that shoot laser beams from their eyes?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is fine if your opinion of it is illogical, I and others have experienced feeling such energies. Unlike you, I do not only rely on my eyes to determine life and reality. I know that people can communicate with their hearts, and I do not only rely on eyes alone to study or understand universal truths.

But again, of course, it is your opinion and if you are secure about it, let it be.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good for you, it's just close proximity. Unlike me, it was even over long distance (but I do know the girl in real life) :confused:

Well I don't really care about the negative energy part, but I'd like to know how to transfer ''comforting energy'' to a loved one's ''needy energy'' :crazy:

I sound weird, but it's just me. The non conformist.

The universe is ever so much more interesting than we 'enlightened' (chuckle snort) modern types like to think
I have accepted that modern progress comes with a price. People often forget what motivated them to be more logical in the first place. People often forget that some of the best discoveries and understanding the beauty in this world started with intuitive curiosity.

I'm pretty sure if airplanes existed way before they were invented, people would be shocked too and see them as flying creatures.

Anyway for me, reading vibrational energies is an aspect of human nature. It's just something that people are not used to talking about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can you teach how to shield yourself from flying invisible gnomes that shoot laser beams from their eyes?
No. But I've certainly mastered the lost art of courtesy better than you.

Go look up something called 'quantum entaglement' sometime. It's completely stumped the greatest minds in the world, and it's basically what izzie is describing: things effecting things over distance with no apparent connection, yet they do. And no one can explain it.

Asd far as I'm concerned, it goes like this: I regularly (though not predictably) *feel* emotions and occasionally thoughts from people around me. I have verified this by asking aloud what I feel, and have had many people (usually close friends) confirm this. I regularly know that a friend is going to call several seconds before they do.

I have no idea why this is. Neither does science. But it does regardless. Sometimes picking up these emotions is very, very draining. So I do a mental exercise called shielding which helps. Am I re-directing energy? Or is it just a mental exercise that tricks my mind into 'switching off'?

Dunno. But it works.

Close-mindedness, by the way, has been the single greatest obstacle to scientific advancement in history, from the Church, to Darwin, to Einstein.

To quote a wise man: there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy'.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I don't really care about the negative energy part, but I'd like to know how to transfer ''comforting energy'' to a loved one's ''needy energy''

I sound weird, but it's just me. The non conformist.
No you don't sound weird. Well, any stranger than me anyway :tongue: That's actually what it's supposed to do. The trick I was taught is called shielding, but it's more like transmuting, where you convert negative to positive energy. Or whatever it actually is. Google shielding and grounding. You'll get a lot of hokey links, but the basic exercises do work. I've had enough experiences with this energy stuff to make me think there is something to it. After all, look at all the crazy stuff Shaolin monks do with it.

Nature is the best cure for me though. Go sit with your back to a big oak tree. It's like a big positive battery terminal with an endless charge. Nature really does help :cool:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Albert Einstein said about intuition:

* • "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

If anyone thinks I'm irrational, for expressing my thoughts about intuition, I don't give a rat's ass. Intuition has become my saving grace for as long as I can remember.

Intuition is the inspiration and logic is the system to bring it to fruition - from an online article (not mine)

·
Registered
35 Posts
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

If anyone thinks I'm irrational, for expressing my thoughts about intuition, I don't give a rat's ass. Intuition has become my saving grace for as long as I can remember.
Amen sister! :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a really intriguing topic... In many cultural traditions worldwide, your experiences would be mirrored in concepts of the 'evil eye', or the idea that negativity, envy, etc. can sometimes emit so powerful a dark energy that the object of such feelings is actually physically harmed. My mother believes strongly in that stuff, and it's the longest-running coincidental placebo of my life that if I happen to start feeling inexplicably terrible and she 'wards off' the evil eye, I immediately feel better in every sense.

As far as picking up on the signs, though, I have the opposite problem; I can almost never guess at how a person feels toward me. I usually run with the safe assumption that I'm neutral with everyone unless otherwise told, and I can't pick up on hints to save my life, especially romantic ones. It's always a (hugely awkward) surprise when someone pours their heart out; my foremost thought is, 'whaaa.. where on earth did that come from!?' And it's always slightly heartbreaking when someone tells me I upset or hurt them and I find myself feeling entirely clueless. =/

On the other hand, strong NF tendencies drive me to be attuned to how others feel in general, almost moreso than to my own feelings. Sometimes that can get a bit overwhelming, especially when I feel peoples' unspoken sadnesses and all I want to do is hug them and tell them they don't have to hide.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
'Evil eye'

Actually that topic is discussed in Islamic religion, you just have to find it in books/articles.

(Sorry I'm not a good example of a Muslim though)

·
Registered
189 Posts
100% agree. I work in customer service and I can tell before a customer talks whether they are going to be pleasent or not. I've noticed the energy idea with people that I work with too. I can tell what type of day it is going to be just by walking into the office. I don't know how I can tell other than I feel it.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vibrational energies are almost like air. They can be everywhere, it is a matter of inner strength when it comes to dealing with them.

477 Posts
No. But I've certainly mastered the lost art of courtesy better than you.
I'm not being uncourteous. I'm criticizing your vibrational waves theory, not you as a person.

Close-mindedness, by the way, has been the single greatest obstacle to scientific advancement in history, from the Church, to Darwin, to Einstein.
Religion and superstitious beliefs have been the single greatest obstacle to scientific advancement in history, actually. The definition of superstition is: "a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like."

It is fine if your opinion of it is illogical, I and others have experienced feeling such energies. Unlike you, I do not only rely on my eyes to determine life and reality. I know that people can communicate with their hearts, and I do not only rely on eyes alone to study or understand universal truths.

But again, of course, it is your opinion and if you are secure about it, let it be.
It's kind of a big assumption to say that I "only rely on my eyes to determine life and reality." I am posting in this thread because I recall you saying in another thread that you find it unfair that people always think INFP's are illogical. Things like this explain this stereotype (if you think I'm being critical, hope that an NT doesn't find this thread). Also, what universal truths are you talking about? Truth is subjective. If you convince yourself that something is real, it becomes true for you (as has been demonstrated through the placebo effect); however, any other person will believe in totally different things. The reason that science is important is because it does provide universal truths, or at least, the closest we can get to the truth with our current technology. But just because you feel that something is real does not make it universally real.

Albert Einstein said about intuition:

* • "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

Intuition is the inspiration and logic is the system to bring it to fruition - from an online article (not mine)
Lastly, I'll point out that the Myers-Briggs/Jungian definition of intuition isn't the mysterious, magical force that you make it out to be. It simply has to do with abstract, as opposed to concrete thinking. So yes, intuition does inspire us, but it doesn't let us read minds or magically "sense" emotions.

(P.S: There's no point in honoring the gift and forgetting the servant, either.)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts