Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have had but a single girlfriend, an INFJ of the most mysterious sort. She had an emotional world that was so rich, but oh so turbulent. Her insecurities have sabotaged her hopes so many times, and ultimately it became the ruin of our relationship. That is not to say that I did not have insecurities, because I did, and these led me to cast my heart into the oblivion with her, that I might rescue her. Yet without a secure tether to my own solidarity, I spun into the void only so far as I could dare. The threads of her dependency compassed my soul, but with earnest eyes I found the shafts of light and ventured in that direction, striving until my mind entered the clarity to see that I could not be her savior, and that she must find her own ground to stand upon. This light exposed the dark, insecure corners of my soul, and brought a healing pain. With the light glowing more strongly within the chambers of my understanding, I tried to carefully share this light with her, but as it shone upon the vulnerable places, she shut it out, and she ran. But wishing not to run alone, she used every drawing ploy her emotions could summon to become a forceful gravity to my heart, but I was firmly planted. So she ran to another, and married. Her healing she still refuses, but it calls to her. This time not with my voice...she must hear it within, and answer.

We really wanted to always be friends and stay in each other's lives, but I don't know if that will be possible. There are so many emotional attachments that pervade our consciousness every time we speak to one another, that it could pose a risk. I think that it is only a good idea to be friends with an ex when both have had closure. She has not had closure. I have had enough closure to be able to move on well enough.

ForsakenMe, just out of curiosity, have you only dated NFs? You just can't get NF of them? :tongue: Ok, lame pun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.