Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you still friends with your exes? Or are you a big believer in "What's done is done"? How do you feel about dating someone who is still pretty good friends with his/her exes?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty traditional when it comes to guys. Guys, to me, come in three categories that I put them in;

Platonic: These guys, I don't feel even a tiny ounce of attraction. At all. They are my family members who are guys, and guys who are not related to me but I don't feel anything romantic/sexual for.
Romantic: These guys I have strong feelings for. Boyfriend material, and if one of them is lucky and myself am lucky to meet such a wonderful guy, marriage-material. :D Strong sexual attraction.
Non-Existant: Guys whom I've never met before, guys I've met but share nothing in common so I just don't take much notice of them anymore (don't even want them as friends), or ex-boyfriends/lovers who have treated me badly so I choose to forget them and move on with my life.

Once I put a guy in one of the above categories, there he stays.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first ex was a very unhealthy ENFJ, and when things ended between us, he deicded for us to be enemies for life. Fuck him. We pretended to "forgive" each other, but truth be told we dislike each other and we are not on speaking terms, and it's been over 6 months since we last spoken. If he was ever to talk to me again, I'll just ignore him. Thanks to him, I'm staying away from anyone who comes across as an ENFJ, unless I'm sure they're healthy.

My second ex was an average/unhealthy INFJ. He dumped me and so far, I've heard nothing. It's like he doesn't ever want to be my friend, despite him telling me back then that he is still friends with the two girls he used to date in the past. He is very hypocritical, so whatever.

I think it's fine to be friends with an ex, but there has to be a hella lot of time after the break up occured to make sure both people have moved on in all ways and can be friends without anymore awkwardness or feelings, even if they're negative. I believe girls are more inclined to want to be friends with an ex because we're emotional creatures and we like to catch up with people, but with guys, it's very cut and clear; When they cut you out of their lives and you don't hear anything, it's 100% they don't like you at all and don't ever want to reconcile with you. Ever. And guys who want to be friends with you almost immediatley afterwards either want to use you for some reason, or still loves you. Only time can tell.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ForsakenMe, just out of curiosity, have you only dated NFs? You just can't get NF of them? :tongue: Ok, lame pun.
I only dated a couple of guys... I mean, I'm not one to rebound over and over and leave guys for another guy, or cannot stay single for more than 5 seconds... I date a guy because I REALLY like him and find omething special in him that I can't see in other guys... And that doesn't come very often. Most guys my age are like...

... What? I'm not being discriminative. :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.