Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you self-absorbed? (not self-centered, that's different)

I spend copious amounts of time thinking about myself. I'm always in mind processing my thoughts, my feelings, looking at my reactions to others, and looking at my reactions to the outside world in general.

I believe that dominant Fi (then dominant Ti) would have to be the most self-absorbed type. Ni and Si are by necessity a lot more oriented towards the outside world.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I have tried explaining this to my friends. all i have is the thoughts in my head and all i can do well is try and express what i'm thinking. like i'm always inward trying to conclude my thoughts and ideas...like i'm not connected to the social world and such i jsut find ideas and thoughts so much more interesting-and well i find an abundance of them inside my head!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm very self-focused. However, our self isn't a static entity. It's always in flux. So I don't focus on how I feel now or what I'm thinking about now.

I'm almost entirely focused on the next. Where am I going? What do I want? What actions should I take?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm very self-absorbed. Even when I'm talking with people I'm close and comfortable with, I can't help being aware of myself, what I should do/say, how I should look etc.

Especially after trying shrooms and being in a social situation I got that confirmed; I got to see what it's like to be an E - talking with people I'm not even that close to without any limitations or restrictions caused by me being self-aware; the conversations were just flowing effortlessly and it felt like the most natural thing in the world..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts