Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time and time again people seem to point out in posts I make that I do not act as my personality type is 'Supposed to" or is "expected/normal":rolleyes:

I use slang, crap grammar, never check my spelling and act like a human with obvious surface/recognisable emotions and laugh at ridiculous memes *gasp*

This is due to the fact that when I first became interested in the types and read into my own it made me reflect on myself, it was like an epiphany of sorts when I was face to face with myself in writing. Being able to analyse and recognise my shortcomings that I wasn't aware of previously.

From the first recognition of my weaknesses I realized what I could change to be a more enhanced version of myself "even though I was pretty awesome already". :cool:

I was Arrogant, Judgmental and Overly analytical. I like to think that I've tried to become more open and empathetic, I try to think about being in anothers shoes, think of everyone as equals if not greater than myself and I let go of problems that I really don't need to overthink.

I've also worked on my human connection with others, as apparently my type is "clueless in romance" and not very in touch with their emotions. :redcard:

I have learned to open up and talk emotions and mushy stuff with the people I'm close to and let my hair down from being an unemotional robot when interacting with people in real life.

This got too long but I think you see the point. "if you even read it"

Side note: in 1 month I will be having my 1 year anniversary with my S.O who I love oodles and oodles "lots & lots":hearteyes:, opening up to people and having the guts to say how you feel can really change your life.

Reactions: BeyondMyThoughts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
People should realize that over the internet we get only a snapshot of people's lives. Stereotype says that INTJ's tend to use less emoticons on average than INFP's. But that's just statistics. You can't draw conclusions from that.

I agree that people tend to jump to conclusions about someone's stated type being wrong a bit fast at times. I know an ENTJ that might come off as Fi-dom over the internet sometimes. But when you actually get to know her, she's very much an ENTJ.

Things to remember:
1: People often go on the internet to 'act out' a bit. This means that often they may come off differently than in real life
2: Over the internet you only get a snapshot of people's real selves.
3: Stereotypes aren't types. Generalizations over hundreds of millions of people don't hold to any specific person. Everyone is different and our behaviour is dictated as much by our environment and friends as by our personality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have learned to open up and talk emotions and mushy stuff with the people I'm close to and let my hair down from being an unemotional robot when interacting with people in real life.
An important life lesson for all INTJs - Find someone you trust to cover emotional topics with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
An important life lesson for all INTJs - Find someone you trust to cover emotional topics with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts