Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enneagram Questionnaire Form
Here is a template of questions specifically designed for those looking to find their Enneagram type(s).

Please answer truthfully. The more info you provide, the better. If a question makes you feel uncomfortable or frustrated, state this. The optional questions are less important but may help determining type. Feel free to provide further information or new questions!

Please do not respond here. Create a new thread in this sub-forum with your responses.

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
As a mom, I take a back seat to first what's important for my child. So raising a decent, confident child who will have the least amount of hang-ups as an adult as I can help. What do I look for in life- is surrounding myself with authentic people who care about others and not just themselves. And I look to be involved in activities that offer growth and new experiences for me and for my child.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Raise a child that will be prepared to face adulthood as spiritually, emotionally and physically healthy as possible. I have a lot of plans to write and would like to get a handle on that because I would like to leave some published work behind when I die! I want to travel the world- It's a big world- but I'll set the bar high and see how far I get. I hope to take some specific journeys to help me grow spiritually and increase my knowledge outside of the confines of our western culture.

I have a sense and feel very deeply about injustices in the world (oppression/political manipulation. I have a deep intolerance for people being controlled / not given opportunities that every human being has a right to have.)- and I would like to do more than armchair quarterback world events- but get out there and actually make a difference for someone/somewhere. Not everyone feels for others in this way- and since I definitely do, it would be a waste to sit at a meaningless office job when I can be helping to right a wrong somewhere. I hope I can have this type of opportunity / opportunities in my lifetime. No matter how small the opportunity is, we all can make a difference somewhere. That is truly leaving behind a legacy.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
avoid becoming sick from something that can be avoided (ie not be sedentary, smoke etc.) I want to help others who I come in contact with and never leave anyone on this planet with any pain caused by me. I care about people and when I can lift someone up, it brings me the greatest satisfaction.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
dying and leaving my child without a mother. my child growing up and "going astray". Dying before I can make peace with any past mistakes and achieving spiritual growth that I am satisfied with. (Why..... hmmm. Child- because I brought him into the world and it's a huge blessing and responsibility and it would be a travesty to not do right by him. And spiritual growth- because that is all you have when you peel away the layers of this material world.)

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
Want others to see me as accepting, helpful, kind and someone they can turn to in need. I see myself as those things too.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I am taking care of myself physically, well rested, and balancing my life activities. Feel my worst when I have taken on too many things and become out of balance.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
anger: this was different when I was younger- but today, anger might be expressed with a quick burst to get it off my chest. temporary seclusion to process the anger. quick rationalization of why it makes no sense to waste my time being angry- then I get over it or accept it.

shame: I accept my wrongs and am responsible for them. No one is perfect so I really don't care what others think of me in that regard. They need to look in the mirror and worry about their wrongs. I'll worry about mine.

anxiety: I am intimately familiar with this! I get away from loud noises and crowds when I'm anxious. Go into nature, ride my bike, take a walk, meditate, pray, yoga, herbal tea, soft music! Sometimes it means taking a vacation and getting away to recharge.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

stress: push through. Then allow myself the time necessary to recover even if that means I need to let people down around me who are expecting more from me. This took many years to learn and I'm still working on it.

unexpected change: I handle this well because I have experienced life altering events and have learned from them. I accept that change is what life really IS (a constant state of change) and I also welcome it because I despise stagnation!

conflict: avoid at all costs. If I have to partake in a confrontation- and decide to jump in the ring- I can definitely hold my own! But I have really matured to where I do my best not to belittle during conflict. I try to express my feelings on how the other person is making me feel and try to come to a swift consensus to end it and move on.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

authority: hate it hate it hate it. With little exception, most who have had authority over me in my life have left me unimpressed.

power: power over SELF is what true power is. power to be SELFLESS is true power. People who seek power in a sense of controlling people or $$--- just for self-gratification, I pity--- I consider them lost. But I do realize we live in a world that requires leadership and power. And if power could ever be accomplished in a truly SELFLESS way- I would have utmost respect for it- but it is just not realistic in the world we live in.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Life is a gift. We are all equal. Life really is about helping others, not stepping on others, belittling, using, abusing others. It really is simple. It astounds me how GREAT minds can have pea brains in terms of judging others by the color of their skin or other matters that have no sense in logic.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
watching my father dying from cancer, watching him die, burying him, living without him. I see my life as cut in 2. Before that event was Act 1. After that event was Act 2. Act 1, I had my own Dalai Lama and lived sort of a sheltered mindset of reliance on my father. Act 2 taught me that I had to go out in the world and learn things on my own and do things to honor his legacy and pass it down. Stand on my own two feet like a "real" adult.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't get this question. Not sure what to answer here. I will answer it superficially in the sense that I have a gut feeling of who to trust in my life and who not to. I know who I would trust with my child's life. That is a good feeling.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
I like my ability to get along with most people. I dislike my dread of mundane chores and tasks. If I were ever to desire to be rich- it would be to hire maids more than anything. :)

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
fakeness, sadness/emptiness, potential, imbalance, pureness, those that are seemingly "lost"

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
stranger insult: I usually get tickled by this. They don't know me and make a judgement. I will usually try to see how they came to the conclusion and laugh about it. If they are being truly mean unnecessarily, I might tell them to take a happy pill to show them there is a better way to feel each day when you wake up in the morning.

compliment: LOVE it! My hair looks pretty? Thanks!! brightens my day. I also am generous with compliments. But I don't want to give or receive compliments that are not genuine.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

thankful: my child, my health, food on the table, roof over my head, rational brains between my ears in terms of my outlook on the world. (I am good with my outlook. Not in search of "truth." Found truth- just searching for capacity to live up to it properly.)

wish: $$ to travel and see the world
ability to make a difference around the world for people who seemingly don't have a chance/are oppressed/living under oppressive conditions

Okay ... "The End" I'm done with this .... time to get a soda and a cookie or something. THANK YOU!! :proud:

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I definitely see 2 (thinking 2w3), and I'm seeing some 9w1 in there I think, but I'm a beginner to this :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely see 2 (thinking 2w3), and I'm seeing some 9w1 in there I think, but I'm a beginner to this :)
thank you, dear!!
I have no idea what 9w1 is- but can't wait to look it up. :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay .... just from a quick read- I can say I probably was a 9 when I was younger. I think I have DEVELOPED into a 2 now.

:)
You can say .... in typical ENFP fashion- I got bored of being a 9. Hence, here I am. Tomorrow???? Who knows where I will be. ;)

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
thank you!
Now how do you figure out the tri-type?
Just go through the descriptions of the other types and choose one from each of the other centers - head and body. Come back if you need more help.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just go through the descriptions of the other types and choose one from each of the other centers - head and body. Come back if you need more help.
thanks so much.
Okay, out of everything, the remaining would have to be 9w1 and 7w6.
So if my dominant enneagram is 2w3, then is my tri-type then: 2-9-7?

thank you! :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL! So what are you my time keeper now? Are you gonna pay me too? Srsly, thanks for prompting me on this one. I got distracted and forgot. My apologies @NTyson. Will reread now. And, Abiotic....:tongue: Change your avatar back!
No apologies necessary!!!!
I'm so grateful to you either way!!
And yes- you are obviously down for maintenance according to your avatar. :)

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@NTyson Based on your answers.....my vote is 2w1.

As far as tritype goes...tell me something....
(1) Describe your relationship to anger when you were younger?
(2) How often do you feel anxious? Are there certain things that cause you to be anxious? Or is it kind of random when it happens? How do you experience it and/or respond to it?
(3) How would you describe your follow-through?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@NTyson Based on your answers.....my vote is 2w1.

As far as tritype goes...tell me something....
(1) Describe your relationship to anger when you were younger?
(2) How often do you feel anxious? Are there certain things that cause you to be anxious? Or is it kind of random when it happens? How do you experience it and/or respond to it?
(3) How would you describe your follow-through?
omg- you are so awesome!!
1) when I was younger, anger was vicious. I grew up with european parents- my dad had a temper. A lot of yelling in the house. (a lot of love but yelling too!) So I would YELL. Sometimes throw things. Swear. The whole horrible thing. Complete 180 now. :)
2) I've always taken on more than I can chew. It was like if I didn't have 8,000 things going on at once, I wasn't happy. In my young adult years, I would cry if overly stress. Now I never cry unless it's something super sentimental. But a few years ago -- after taking on WAY TOO MUCH- I suffered panic attacks and diagnosed with anxiety. So I am currently on a track (that is working!) to calm the heck down. Much better way to live. I have techniques now to calm my anxiety. I steer away from things that could trigger it. And if I see it coming on- I take steps to keep it in check.
3) Follow-through. I'm very capable of this. Was successful in very detailed work. My core responsibilities do get done. But also- I have a million "dream" projects I have started- but half-way through they sit with dust collecting on them. Not sure if that answers the question.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
omg- you are so awesome!!
1) when I was younger, anger was vicious. I grew up with european parents- my dad had a temper. A lot of yelling in the house. (a lot of love but yelling too!) So I would YELL. Sometimes throw things. Swear. The whole horrible thing. Complete 180 now. :)
2) I've always taken on more than I can chew. It was like if I didn't have 8,000 things going on at once, I wasn't happy. In my young adult years, I would cry if overly stress. Now I never cry unless it's something super sentimental. But a few years ago -- after taking on WAY TOO MUCH- I suffered panic attacks and diagnosed with anxiety. So I am currently on a track (that is working!) to calm the heck down. Much better way to live. I have techniques now to calm my anxiety. I steer away from things that could trigger it. And if I see it coming on- I take steps to keep it in check.
3) Follow-through. I'm very capable of this. Was successful in very detailed work. My core responsibilities do get done. But also- I have a million "dream" projects I have started- but half-way through they sit with dust collecting on them. Not sure if that answers the question.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this is helping. So sounds like when you were younger your anger was more hair-trigger. More questions....
(1) What typically triggered your anger to be manifested?
(2) When you used to and/or do act out in anger do you feel guilty, justified, bad? If so, which one?
(3) what types of things do you steer away from to prevent triggering anxiety?
(4) Do you prefer security of a committed relationship or keeping your options open and avoid commitment?
(5) Do you prefer predictability or pleasant/exciting surprises and novelty?
(6) Do you see yourself uninhibited?
(7) Do you find yourself curious about people's hidden agendas or are you more curious about what adventures you can have with them?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, this is helping. So sounds like when you were younger your anger was more hair-trigger. More questions....
(1) What typically triggered your anger to be manifested?
(2) When you used to and/or do act out in anger do you feel guilty, justified, bad? If so, which one?
(4) Do you prefer security of a committed relationship or keeping your options open and avoid commitment?
(7) Do you find yourself curious about people's hidden agendas or are you more curious about what adventures you can have with them?
dang- you're good! :)

(1) What typically triggered your anger to be manifested? Anger was triggered when I couldn't get my way I think. Like I had a young-diva attitude and it was FRUSTRATION really that I was feeling. Or if someone was trying to control me. (Again- frustration.)
I guess I don't get frustrated that much anymore because I control my life now- I don't let anyone control anything about me- so no frustration/no anger. :)

I usually feel justified- but if I went too far in my reaction, I do apologize to the person. And then I feel better. Guilt would be part of that if I felt I overreacted. But I never leave it- I make sure the person knows I was sincerely sorry and that we're "good."

Taking on too much. Big/loud crowds. "drama people," Annoying people. People that leech onto me and try to use me for emotional support / favors when it's sort of one-sided. I have some people in my life that try to guilt me into 'being there' for them at a moment's notice. Some are family. Some are friends. I have pretty much kicked the friends out that have done this to me. But I love my family- even if some of them are wack jobs. So yeah- they can trigger it cuz I can't avoid them completely (nor want to.) I feel guilt for avoiding family more than I think I should.

Always desired committed.

SURPRISES!!!!!!!!

more guarded as I grow older- but I am fairly uninhibited!

My Ne ALWAYS on full alert. Like my guard dog. I instantly wonder about hidden agenda. Either PEG it on the spot- or at least know something doesn't smell right ...... But I will and have had adventures even with people that I know have hidden agendas. They just don't know I know. ;)

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
dang- you're good! :)

(1) What typically triggered your anger to be manifested? Anger was triggered when I couldn't get my way I think. Like I had a young-diva attitude and it was FRUSTRATION really that I was feeling. Or if someone was trying to control me. (Again- frustration.)
I guess I don't get frustrated that much anymore because I control my life now- I don't let anyone control anything about me- so no frustration/no anger. :)

I usually feel justified- but if I went too far in my reaction, I do apologize to the person. And then I feel better. Guilt would be part of that if I felt I overreacted. But I never leave it- I make sure the person knows I was sincerely sorry and that we're "good."

Taking on too much. Big/loud crowds. "drama people," Annoying people. People that leech onto me and try to use me for emotional support / favors when it's sort of one-sided. I have some people in my life that try to guilt me into 'being there' for them at a moment's notice. Some are family. Some are friends. I have pretty much kicked the friends out that have done this to me. But I love my family- even if some of them are wack jobs. So yeah- they can trigger it cuz I can't avoid them completely (nor want to.) I feel guilt for avoiding family more than I think I should.

Always desired committed.

SURPRISES!!!!!!!!

more guarded as I grow older- but I am fairly uninhibited!

My Ne ALWAYS on full alert. Like my guard dog. I instantly wonder about hidden agenda. Either PEG it on the spot- or at least know something doesn't smell right ...... But I will and have had adventures even with people that I know have hidden agendas. They just don't know I know. ;)
Hope you don't mind more question......
(1) Do you consider yourself protective? If so, is it just in general? Under certain circumstances? If certain, what are they typically?
(2) Do you consider your interaction style to be take charge or more on the passive side?
(3) I know this is a very touchy question...if you're okay answering it honestly cool...if not I understand but an honest answer will help me best....would you say you are more sensitive to rejection than the average person?
(4) Would you consider yourself adept at identifying the needs/desires of others?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope you don't mind more question......
(1) Do you consider yourself protective? If so, is it just in general? Under certain circumstances? If certain, what are they typically?
(2) Do you consider your interaction style to be take charge or more on the passive side?
(3) I know this is a very touchy question...if you're okay answering it honestly cool...if not I understand but an honest answer will help me best....would you say you are more sensitive to rejection than the average person?
(4) Would you consider yourself adept at identifying the needs/desires of others?
Don't mind at all. Everyone loves talking about themselves and I'm no different. ;)

I'm a very protective mother. And those in my inner circle/family. Big time protective. Like I would get into a street brawl to protect any of them- in a heart beat. Then my inner circle of friends- pretty much same. I also feel a sense of protection over weak people in the crowd / especially if they're being targeted. I'll go to bat for them big time.

Both. Always been a take charge person. But I have over the years given the reins up on things that I really don't care that much about in terms of "being in charge" of it. In fact, I'm rather enjoying taking a back seat to things these days and "taking a break." Anxiety probably has something to do with that. I've really loosened up and become easy going about the small stuff. To me at this point, most of it is small stuff. It makes me happy to let someone else take charge if that is what they really want to do and they get a kick out of that / have a need to do that. "No Problem. It's all yours!" :)

I think I'm wired to be more sensitive to rejection than the average person for sure. But having worked in a very cut-throat corporate setting / and in sales for many years- dealt with rejection in many ways. And in life have learned too. But yeah- with a love interest - that one's tough. But isn't it for everyone in that regard??

I'd say I'm pretty damn good at this. Especially if the person is important to me and on my top 10 list ... FOR SURE!! :)
I also used to identify needs for a living! So you can say I'm professionally trained at exactly this. haha

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Don't mind at all. Everyone loves talking about themselves and I'm no different. ;)

I'm a very protective mother. And those in my inner circle/family. Big time protective. Like I would get into a street brawl to protect any of them- in a heart beat. Then my inner circle of friends- pretty much same. I also feel a sense of protection over weak people in the crowd / especially if they're being targeted. I'll go to bat for them big time.

Both. Always been a take charge person. But I have over the years given the reins up on things that I really don't care that much about in terms of "being in charge" of it. In fact, I'm rather enjoying taking a back seat to things these days and "taking a break." Anxiety probably has something to do with that. I've really loosened up and become easy going about the small stuff. To me at this point, most of it is small stuff. It makes me happy to let someone else take charge if that is what they really want to do and they get a kick out of that / have a need to do that. "No Problem. It's all yours!" :)

I think I'm wired to be more sensitive to rejection than the average person for sure. But having worked in a very cut-throat corporate setting / and in sales for many years- dealt with rejection in many ways. And in life have learned too. But yeah- with a love interest - that one's tough. But isn't it for everyone in that regard??

I'd say I'm pretty damn good at this. Especially if the person is important to me and on my top 10 list ... FOR SURE!! :)
I also used to identify needs for a living! So you can say I'm professionally trained at exactly this. haha
Based on your responses....here is my conclusion (to be taken with a grain of salt for sure) for you to explore further to see if it is a good fit for you.....
Core: 2w1 Head fix: 6w7 Gut fix: 8w7 I would venture to say that your tritype is 286. Based on your responses it seems to me you have a blend of these three types and it also seems as if you employ the strategies of type 8 when the strategies of type 2 failed to work for you. Let me know your thoughts after you research it further.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts