Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post. I thought it would be about me declaring my boundless and everlasting love for you guys however it turned out to be different, regardless of that I need your input on a crucial matter.
There's an INTJ character I adore tremendously, and I want to write some fanfics or so about him you see, however despite being surrounded with INTJs and knowing them very well, I am absolutely clueless as to how to write about them in a romantic scenario because.. I've never been in a romantic scenario with an INTJ (Or any romantic scenario with anyone for that matter, happens in an all girls school in a country which very much needs progression. Also, I might be a bit too young to be romantically involved haha.).
So I want to write something about him. He's an INTJ, high school, baseball player, and as I can't post links yet, this is how you get to his bio.
Search up "Daiya No Ace Okumura Koushuu bio" and click on the first link. (I think it needs some updating though, the manga has gone quite far ahead.)
You probably can't or can tell, but I'm an ENFP with a well developed Te, I can go very ENFP crazy but I'm a very mature and self aware ENFP (May pringles bless my 10+ years older NT siblings and 8 year older INTJ bff X'D) not very sensitive. A lot of Te, and I mean a lot of Te, for a young ENFP perhaps X'D
OK NOW SUGGEST SOME HEADCANONS OR NUANCES ABOUT HIM, AND US TOGETHER, AND SOME SCENARIOS. *Whispers* Roleplay would be helpful and awesome thank you very much.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
:shocked:

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't know if this helps, but just make him be direct and when he says something, he means it and he doesn't change his mind about it. The relationship will need to make sense in a way, offering something for the INTJ such as an easier life or someone who fills some sort of need for the INTJ. In other words, the person should serve a purpose in his life. Use your knowledge of Fi to write a character who uses Fi, but to a much lesser degree and in a much more introverted way than you do. So, he might be thinking about the romantic interest a lot in squishy feeling ways, but may not vocalize it so much. Focus on inner dialogue rather than outer dialogue to make a believable introverted character.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shocked:

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't know if this helps, but just make him be direct and when he says something, he means it and he doesn't change his mind about it. The relationship will need to make sense in a way, offering something for the INTJ such as an easier life or someone who fills some sort of need for the INTJ. In other words, the person should serve a purpose in his life. Use your knowledge of Fi to write a character who uses Fi, but to a much lesser degree and in a much more introverted way than you do. So, he might be thinking about the romantic interest a lot in squishy feeling ways, but may not vocalize it so much. Focus on inner dialogue rather than outer dialogue to make a believable introverted character.
Thanks, I actually know that, and this helped to reinforce my knowledge. The issue is, I am unable to get more specific about him in a romantic scenario, with me. I need actual specific examples and scenarios, headcannons or nuances and so on. Thanks a lot though, it was very much appreciated and as I said helped reinforce the knowledge I do have :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The stereotype I can think of is the cold tsundere character in otome games. silent, aloof, quietly observant but opens to reveal a bunch of squish after his mind is made up to be your man.

Reactions: Asmodaeus

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The stereotype I can think of is the cold tsundere character in otome games. silent, aloof, quietly observant but opens to reveal a bunch of squish after his mind is made up to be your man.
To add onto this, somebody did a MBTI vs dere match-up and INTJs are usually considered Kuuderes - Kuudere - TV Tropes

In short, they act cold, blunt, and sarcastic on the surface, but they reveal a sense of warmness beneath.

For the OP, this could also help as well - https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2016/05/how-to-tell-if-an-intj-likes-you-as-told-by-x-intjs/

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
i would be super-profoundly icked out if i found out someone i knew personally was doing any such thing. super-duper exceptionally.

call me weird, tell me he would feel differently, but don't say that the idea wasn't brought up.

edit: i don't even get . . . it's not like i'm unfamiliar with the idea of 'crush'. or unsympathetic to it. but when ever did it become something the crush-er farms out to the general internet?

Reactions: PiT

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
To add onto this, somebody did a MBTI vs dere match-up and INTJs are usually considered Kuuderes - Kuudere - TV Tropes

In short, they act cold, blunt, and sarcastic on the surface, but they reveal a sense of warmness beneath.
It's so ultra-true it hurts! (in a good way)
:blushed:

·
Banned
601 Posts
It's so ultra-true it hurts! (in a good way)
:blushed:
This. And it is so beautifully written as well.. whoever wrote it was an artist incarnate.

The best course of action here OP would be to wait. Let's us use the analogy of a file in the metaphorical sense. It can bend but it will never break. If he is interested, then like the link @starscream430 suggested, he will open up. It's a game of patience.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
You want us to share details of our romantic experiences so that you can put them in your fanfiction? Really? In ALL CAPS.

Okay, here are my romantic experiences when I was the same age as your protagonist: none. Zero. Nada. My approach to interacting with someone I was interested in was to avoid that person and make sure no one had a clue.

AND THAT IS IT.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You want us to share details of our romantic experiences so that you can put them in your fanfiction? Really? In ALL CAPS.

Okay, here are my romantic experiences when I was the same age as your protagonist: none. Zero. Nada. My approach to interacting with someone I was interested in was to avoid that person and make sure no one had a clue.

AND THAT IS IT.
I didn't have my first romantic experience until I was almost out of high school. Young INTJs are usually terrible at this sort of thing...and so reality has given fiction a rude awakening.

As far as writing the fanfic goes, the advice from earlier in this thread is the best you'll get; think of the INTJ as a Kuudere. ENFPs have the advantage of wanting to force the clamshell open more than other types do, due to the appeal they find in plumbing hidden depths.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone that likes an INTJ! Wol!
Some characteristics to help you:
- Silent
- Direct speech
- Future oriented
- See the world as chess game (predicting what happens when do thid ou that)
- Search for the only one truth in almost all situations

·
Banned
601 Posts
Yeah, but she said we're "beloved!" That has to count for something.
:proud:
It's counting down to an emotional time bomb. I need some assurances from the Weeping Angels.

Reactions: Judson Joist

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
It's counting down to an emotional time bomb.
3, 2, 1, mark.

(That's what every INTJ turns into when someone indulges our Fi.)

I need some assurances from the Weeping Angels.
As long as they're not "One-Winged Weeping Angels."
:tongue:

Reactions: Agent X

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
No I won't share, you reminded me of painful memories of terrible stuff.
When I was like 17years, an ENFP friend pulled out of me that I liked this ESFJ.
He got the marvelous idea to drag me over to visit her.
It was not a pleasant experience.
Let us just call it torture.

Of course INTJ and ESFJ is attraction + incompatibility.
It is a bad idea and that is it.
Luckily this ISTP "stole her". (I was devastated)
But looking back in hindsight, he jumped on the grenade for me.
It in no way shape or form could have ended well with an ESFJ.

The ENFP should have been shot for treason for his attempt to match us.
Maybe one of the ENFPs here like to take his place.
An ENFP is an ENFP, it balances out.

Oh guess I shared after all :p

Reactions: Stawker

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
What INTJs are like in romantic scenarios?
Differs per individual, but we love to dote on our significant others. Contrary to the stereotype, we're very snugly and warm.
:kitteh:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts