Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm studying a good text, the flow of beautiful ideas and wisdom I'm getting, fascinates me, but a little of them are remembered for putting into practice , this may not be type specific, but I think others are stronger on this way. About past memories and happenings is true also, I get a lot of lessons at that moment or some time later , my mind erases every thing ( I think, It does it to free a space for creating , creativity) .

I think it's good to spend some time for just reviewing, retrieving things, it can be about university books, a past memory, a topic in a book etc.

Do you have any thought about this?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I relate to this too. Good at coming up with little bits of wisdom then forgetting to actually do them. I find that over time, all these thoughts of wisdom do come together at some place in my mind and I work to be better little bits at a time. I'm also working with this app that asks me every few hours if I'm currently going towards or away from my personal goals and values. It's been pretty helpful at keeping myself aware of what I'm doing so I don't waste as much time or go in the wrong direction.

Reviewing these things over again does help to bring our thoughts back, and so we can work towards them. Good thoughts.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I've never been a particularly big fan of review. I like to approach topics holistically...it was fairly irritating when tests or courses would required only specific points to be learned, because I learn so much better in context. I'd rather grasp the entire topic, overlearn the material essentially, than try to memorize little pieces here and there. I think by virtue of the fact that an overview of a topic is going to result in reading the basics more than once, I end up reviewing in a way that appeals to me.

Just sitting and sifting through information...especially memories...doesn't do much for me. But I think it's fascinating to see how everyone else tackles that sort of thing. There's so much variation that it keeps things interesting:)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
If you mean being reflected, then I'm constantly in a reflective aspect. I reflect moods, statements, ideas, etc. I probably do it to a fault. I over analyze everything. It's usually only in real time, though. After the fact, I'm on to another topic. Still, I tend to repeat such behavior. I still learn from it, though and move on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts