Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm always looking for apps where I can journal, set goals, photo journal, track my mood, and store my ever evolving lists of to do's, things to check out and other favorites.

I wanted to ask what sort of apps you all have enjoyed for wellness, personal development and just keeping our infp lives a little more organized :)

I've enjoyed using Super Better and Mindbloom Life Game but would be interested to hear what other's have enjoyed.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,341 Posts
Hey trans! i'll put in bold the app names.

For utilising time efficiently i use the app 30/30 which helps me keep track of time on a task, it also encourages my mind not to wonder since i'm aware of the app. I hate to disappoint myself so it's more of an incentive to stick to the task.

For exploring new things i like the app Quora, basically people ask and people answer questions, like on a forum but less off topic discussion. There's an expansive range of topics you can choose from, for example i enjoy reading through cultural anthropology and social psychology.

For games i find QuizUp productive and fun, it's a quiz game with varying categories, and you play people all around the world. Geography category is my 'go to' area. Glow Fish is really creative game with mellow music and smooth game play. Storyline is quite adventurous too. Sir Benfro is probably the most imaginative game app i have. Strange in all the best ways. Almost forgot, Smash Hit is a really good game also, it's a simple shooter game with amazing ambient music and visuals. It's definitely relaxing.

And to relax indefinitely Relax Melodies Seasons is a good choice for when you're stressed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
If you want to work on your attention to detail/ability to multitask in a fun way (promise), I'd suggest the game Cook, Serve, Delicious. You work a restaurant, and each recipe is a number of quick time events (swiping, tapping, choosing). QTE can be kind of a downer in gaming, but it works really well in this case IMO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tinder? Really? it's the worst. What, to talk to jerks who only wanna sleep with you? No thanks.

As for games I'm still not over the candy crush emotion. Though now I'm playing Candy Crush Soda Saga all the time. I like it best.

For music I just use spotify. So, nothing special.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I rememeber there was one called Cloak. It let you know if someone was at a place that you're near, (according to their social media) so you can avoid that place or that general area, in fear of making small talk with someone.

It didn't work too well

·
Banned
678 Posts
iSupr8 is an app I love. It lets you apply film grain and different colour key effects to videos on your phone on the fly. It's a lot of fun :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Like you, I have the intention to become organized so I love checking out new apps.

Here's the list of apps with its purpose
- Day One: journaling - This is popular with developers and got a lot of press. You can write about your day, along with your location, weather, etc. Supports tagging and photo. But can't put several photos in one entry.
- Momento: journaling - same purpose with day one with different UI. I like this one better as it can show multiple pics and put them into a grid. Useful when you want to track your vacations.
- Vesper: Journaling and taking note. This is a barebone notepad. Support tags etc but very simple. Developed by a well known Apple journalist.
- Flat Tomato: A task scheduler based on Pomodoro technique.
- Clear: to do list - Very simple and gesture based. The UI is minimalist and the order of priority is marked with color saturation, the more saturated it is the most important it is.
- Evernote: anything - a versatile app. I use it to sync pics I might need on my phone. Originally used to store recipes but with a high P, I abandoned the whole idea and make it as cluttered as possible as I put everything I thought I might need there. The developer has an app specially for cooking but I only used it for like 3 hours.
- Things - a task management but I never used it as it looks like its purpose is for big projects.
- Notedash - simple app with a widget for ios, I use it to display classes I attend.
- Handle - to do list with calendar combined. never used it I just thought it looked pretty.
- Wunderlist - to do list. A well acclaimed one but I've only logged 1 task.
- Real simple checklist - a to do list.
- Todomovies 3 - as it says. track movies you've watched and movies you want to watch.

Other apps includes Todoist, begin, plaintext, the journalist, any.do, simplenote, write for iphone, horizon calendar, squarespace note, sunrise calendar, and cal.

I couldnt bring myself to use them frequently though so I ended up deleting most of them with day one, momento, and evernote stays because I thought I might need them someday. (hint: I haven't)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like you, I have the intention to become organized so I love checking out new apps.

- Evernote: anything - a versatile app. I use it to sync pics I might need on my phone. Originally used to store recipes but with a high P, I abandoned the whole idea and make it as cluttered as possible as I put everything I thought I might need there.
Haha I can relate to your comment. My Evernote became chaotic and cluttered with multiple list and unfinished ideas/projects.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll have a look at momento. 😀

I'm coming to the conclusion I may be too disorganized for organizational apps. I find many have too little or too much structure.

I wonder what an app made for infps would look like?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haha I can relate to your comment. My Evernote became chaotic and cluttered with multiple list and unfinished ideas/projects.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll have a look at momento. ��

I'm coming to the conclusion I may be too disorganized for organizational apps. I find many have too little or too much structure.

I wonder what an app made for infps would look like?
Stock notes app works wonder. I think we work better without structure so an app without the frills will work. Having too many features make me focus on how to utilize all the features.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Definitely use HabitRPG if you like the leveling and quests of RPG games and need to stay on task. There are no guidelines you have to follow so you are basically in charge of your success. You make your character and there are classes and you learn skills and can create parties, guilds and join in on challenges. You can start quests solo or with your party and some are collecting quests or boss battles that your damage or pickup is determined by your real-life productivity and keeping up with your dailies and habits. You gain experience from completing dailies, to-do's and building better habits. One of the most fun things for me are the pets and mounts, which you randomly get eggs from doing your list of items and then you raise them and there are tons of combinations.

We actually have a guild from the 9's forum and I find that when I am in a party with other people in this little fun game, I am more motivated to keep my habits because my progress affects them when we are on quests. It is wonderful for productivity and definitely worth checking out even if you've never played an RPG game before (trust me this is simple and not cluttered otherwise I would've failed a long time ago haha).

https://habitrpg.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts