Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have two questions

1) (This question is for those people who consider themselves sensitive) What careers are you in currently.......??

2) Generally what careers are best suited for Sensitive People.....??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi

I have two questions

1) (This question is for those people who consider themselves sensitive) What careers are you in currently.......??

2) Generally what careers are best suited for Sensitive People.....??

??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
328 Posts
I suppose any environment which allowed you time to absorb stimuli would be ideal, something not super fast-faced or not requiring aggressive or confrontational situations, but I think from there it still depends greatly on things you enjoy or other aspects of your temperament. Some might enjoy working as a counselor. Some might enjoy working as a driver. Some a writer or editor or researcher or scientist or others. Perhaps many might enjoy something that gets them out observing or caring for nature or animals. It probably also depends on your level of sensitivity, and how it manifests exactly.

So you see they are kind of broad questions you are asking that aren't easy to answer straightforwardly. Are you asking for yourself because you are a sensitive individual? In that case I would ask in return just what kinds of things you are interested in naturally?

I also think it's certainly possible for sensitive individuals to operate in their own kind of way in environments you wouldn't expect to find them depending on their skills and upbringing or what it is they enjoy or are used to (and can thus perhaps cope more effectively with). I don't know much about it. I tend to think of sensitive people as more creative than I am, though I think sensitivity is a decent way to describe me. (I'm an engineer and sometimes wish to quit and go back to delivering pizzas, which was much less stressful!).

I was wondering this as well.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
Do you mean sensitive to criticism, sensitive to paranormal experiences, sensitive to environmental conditions? For those I wouls suggest asking a psychologist, a psychiartist, an MD.
Whatever - the world will not make special exemptions for anyone, regardless of the career.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I also think it's certainly possible for sensitive individuals to operate in their own kind of way in environments you wouldn't expect to find them depending on their skills and upbringing or what it is they enjoy or are used to (and can thus perhaps cope more effectively with). I don't know much about it. I tend to think of sensitive people as more creative than I am, though I think sensitivity is a decent way to describe me. (I'm an engineer and sometimes wish to quit and go back to delivering pizzas, which was much less stressful!).
QUOTE]

Life is short. You can find a less stressful position, lower pay perhaps, and get more out of life. Generally the engineers I have worke with were more or less immune to stress - in some cases too narcissistic to feel stress from others. You have the cost of getting there paid in full. There is a position that you would enjoy more somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts