Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ENFP board, we get a lot (I mean, A LOT) of posts about how INTJs are our most dreamy supercalifragelistic ideal romantic partners. I think there is some wisdom to the belief that certain Types might click most easily and naturally with certain other Types, but I also know that successful long-term marriages rely on oh-so-much-more than ease and "natural click".

Please tell me about a long-term couple you deem very successful (in whatever way you define that). Some guidelines: please don't write about yourself, please write about a couple which has been together at least 10 years and whose participants are at least 30 years-old (not to discriminate against youngsters, but I'm looking for mature love that has stood the test of time rather than oh-mah-gawd-my-bff-and-her-boifriend-are-like-the-bestest-couple-EVAH!) What makes you think this couple is such a good match? How do their respective Types feed into their success/challenges? What elements that have nothing to do with Type have helped them build and maintain such a strong union?

I've posted this same question on the ISTJ forum but I'm posting it here too because a) I look forward to reading the different answers from a variety of Types and b)I would like to better understand ESFPs.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the best couple I knew were ISTJ husband and ESFJ wife. Her Extroversion ensure they had a social life (he wasn't terribly social, himself) and her warm F ensured that their kids felt loved. His ISTJ nature made him a hardass but allowed her to feel safe and protected. Besides their Types, I think that their shared goals -- focus their efforts on raising their children well and creating a well-ordered, happy home -- and values (both libertarian-leaning conservatives. She was religious, he wasn't but attend church with her and supported her raising the kids in her faith) really kept them going through some of the tougher years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts