Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for good detective video games, where you really have to think and the story is great. The only one I know are Heavy Rain, LA Noire and Condemned. I liked Heavy Rain although the story didnt make sense in the end, LA Noire was meh and Condemned isnt really a game about detective work but rather a horror game.
I saw the game Bladerunner from 1997 on amazon and I think that might go in the direction I would like.

Do you girls and guys have some other good suggestions on detective games I have to check out? :)

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Do you specifically mean where you are a cop/detective or just where you're like investigating crimes and whatnot? Assuming from what I've seen of ya that you don't mind Japanese-styled things, Danganronpa is a great one if you just mean the latter. One of my favourite series. I don't want to risk ruining any surprises for you if you don't already know about it so I'm gonna be vague but the main gameplay is centred around solving murder mysteries, and the story is really great. Really fun and likeable characters. Feel free to get as attached to them as you please. Nothing bad will ever happen to any of them. Ever. Honest. Did I say murder mysteries? Nah.

If you do mean specifically games where you solve crimes as a cop/detective though I can't really think of any other than the ones you've already mentioned. Surprising, that. You'd think there'd be more.

Reactions: SasK63

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
Have you tried Detective Grimoire? It's a point and click type of game, where there's a lot of the basic detective stuff. You can ask characters questions, collect clues, and save notes: stuff like that.
It's on Newgrounds as a flashgame, and there's a game on steam. I love the artwork and the music for it, and find it to be a pretty engaging story: the steam game that is.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
'Alone in the Dark' (the original)

What was that '90s game from the '90s where you play as a detective in a Blade Runner city and you're investigating drug trafficking or something and some guy melts from drugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts