Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! I thought that I was type 2w3. And now I dont know. Because I got type 7w6 in the next test, but still got typ 2w3 in my "trifix", (just in different order?) or what you call that result..(?)

Now I listen to a type 7 on Youtube. Wow, wow..
I dont know nothing.
Or what to say now!
This is very very interesting.

I have to learn more.

Is it easy to know your enneagram, generally, like the MBTI?

What is the "Best" Enneagram Quiz/Test, in your opinion? Tell me mooore!

·
Banned
574 Posts
Determining one's core Enneagram type is a very difficult thing to do, there are a lot of factors to consider, so the majority of tests aren't very accurate. You need to study the various types individually and then analyze your behaviour and thoughts.

However, some tests can at least give you an idea. This is, in my opinion, the test which actually gets closer to the truth: Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free) (do them both)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't remember doing the variant one, before... I'm not 100% sold on my type, so can't say for certain how accurate it is. THAT said, it matches up pretty well with the way things look at this moment.

Got 8 SP for #1

Followed by 1 SX just ahead of 5 SX. Next one down was a bigger drop to 3 SP. Then another big gap until a cluster of 4sx, 7so, 9sp, 6sp. Then waaaaaay down at the bottom was 2sx.

Little different on the other test, and the results contradict a bit. "You are most likely a 3. Taking wings into account, you are most likely an 8w7."

Top 10:

Wing 8w7 - 14.1
Wing 3w4 - 13
Wing 3w2 - 12.9
Wing 8w9 - 12.6
Wing 7w8 - 12.1
Wing 1w9 - 10.9
Wing 1w2 - 10.9
Wing 5w4 - 9.7
Wing 4w3 - 9.5
Wing 2w3 - 9.2

----------------------

Anyway, looks like if I am mistyped, it's in the wing. 8w7 vs 8w9.

Probably 835 tritype? Or 837. The variants and tritypes still bewilder me a bit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Determining one's core Enneagram type is a very difficult thing to do, there are a lot of factors to consider, so the majority of tests aren't very accurate. You need to study the various types individually and then analyze your behaviour and thoughts.

However, some tests can at least give you an idea. This is, in my opinion, the test which actually gets closer to the truth: Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free) (do them both)

Yeah.... The Chakras though strike me as almost complete bullshit though.
Unless there is some reliable, empirical evidence to back it up, then treat the damn thing with suspicion and paranoia.

·
Registered
852 Posts
At the OP: Pro tip, but enneagram is not given to you by just taking a test. You need to do your research and look into the motivations and see what core fears motivate and drive your behavior and thinking the most.
THIS! In order to really discover your type take a step back and observe your behavior and were does your attention go to. Re-examine what it is that you are constantly focusing on and more importantly what is your motivation for doing so.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That test always gives me type 5...and I've just decided I was a 9. I took it a few days ago and it gave me this...

Wing 5w4 - 14.1
Wing 5w6 - 13.9
Wing 9w1 - 13.5
Wing 9w8 - 11.7
Wing 4w5 - 10.6
Wing 6w5 - 10.2
Wing 6w7 - 5.5
Wing 4w3 - 5.4

But then it gave me this for types without wings:

Type 5 - 11.7
Type 9 - 11

...ugh. Enneagram isn't clear cut, so some tests may be accurate for some while completely off base for others. Also, that test always gives me SP for every single dang type, as if I have no other variants. Seriously, it's never given me another variant than SP.

·
Registered
18,511 Posts
That test always gives me type 5...and I've just decided I was a 9. I took it a few days ago and it gave me this...

Wing 5w4 - 14.1
Wing 5w6 - 13.9
Wing 9w1 - 13.5
Wing 9w8 - 11.7
Wing 4w5 - 10.6
Wing 6w5 - 10.2
Wing 6w7 - 5.5
Wing 4w3 - 5.4

But then it gave me this for types without wings:

Type 5 - 11.7
Type 9 - 11

...ugh. Enneagram isn't clear cut, so some tests may be accurate for some while completely off base for others. Also, that test always gives me SP for every single dang type, as if I have no other variants. Seriously, it's never given me another variant than SP.
haha yeah, I think most intellectual introverts score 5 on tests. It's accurate for me on both accounts but that happens once in a blue moon although instincts always tend to be wrong but it also tends to vary. I remember that I once got so/sp or similar when I took the Eclectic Energies instinct variants test. lol wut. I tend to score sp first though but I wonder if that's part because my understanding of sx being anti-sx just makes it harder to detect on tests.

EDIT
Retook the test, yep, 5w4 sp. How does it even determine the instincts?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Retook the test, yep, 5w4 sp. How does it even determine the instincts?
I have no idea how it does...but it doesn't seem to have a variety of questions for instincts. but it does come out strangely accurate, you know, if I only had one instinct. sp/SO.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Though I think serious introspection, reflection, and reading on the theory is necessary to actually understand what type you are and what it's all about, I do like one specific test that seems to be generally on the mark in terms of starting people off with an idea of what their type may be:

Personality Types: PSTypes Enneagram Test - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

Again, I don't generally like personality tests, but this one has nice balanced questions, and is a nice jumping pad for further research on Enneagram type. Highly recommend it, as a skeptic of personality tests.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,593 Posts
Though I think serious introspection, reflection, and reading on the theory is necessary to actually understand what type you are and what it's all about, I do like one specific test that seems to be generally on the mark in terms of starting people off with an idea of what their type may be:

Personality Types: PSTypes Enneagram Test - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

Again, I don't generally like personality tests, but this one has nice balanced questions, and is a nice jumping pad for further research on Enneagram type. Highly recommend it, as a skeptic of personality tests.
Just out of curiosity.

• Type One:25
  • Type Two:17
  • Type Three:15
  • Type Four:47
  • Type Five:46
  • Type Six:45
  • Type Seven:23
  • Type Eight:17
  • Type Nine:21
  • Your main type is 4.
    Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.
    No. lolz.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Best enneagram type test :
1) read about enneagram
2) understand enneagram
3) understand yourself
4) determine your type

Test are not accurate, they give me 4 each time but Im 6...

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Just out of curiosity.

• Type One:25
  • Type Two:17
  • Type Three:15
  • Type Four:47
  • Type Five:46
  • Type Six:45
  • Type Seven:23
  • Type Eight:17
  • Type Nine:21
  • Your main type is 4.
    Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.
    No. lolz.
I think all tests emphasize that you are probably one of your top three scores. I think if your top scores are that close it makes sense to dig deeper. (Not saying you shouldn't anyway, but...)

I took it to see what I got, too-

• Type One: 6
  • Type Two: 22
  • Type Three: 0
  • Type Four: 59
  • Type Five: 39
  • Type Six: 22
  • Type Seven: 27
  • Type Eight: 0
  • Type Nine: 18
Crazy how non-existent my three side is.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think all tests emphasize that you are probably one of your top three scores. I think if your top scores are that close it makes sense to dig deeper. (Not saying you shouldn't anyway, but...)

I took it to see what I got, too-

• Type One: 6
  • Type Two: 22
  • Type Three: 0
  • Type Four: 59
  • Type Five: 39
  • Type Six: 22
  • Type Seven: 27
  • Type Eight: 0
  • Type Nine: 18
I have gotten zero 3 and zero 8 every time I've taken that test.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I have gotten zero 3 and zero 8 every time I've taken that test.
Yeah, I know my three isn't zero. Sure, I'm definitely a five wing, but I still feel the three influence on occasion. Maybe the way it's written is just way too id for me to relate to or something. Why do you think you've always gotten zero?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, I know my three isn't zero. Sure, I'm definitely a five wing, but I still feel the three influence on occasion. Maybe the way it's written is just way too id for me to relate to or something. Why do you think you've always gotten zero?
Probably because it's my path of disintegration as a 6 and so I entirely devalue any presence it has in me. If there is any 3 in me, I dismiss it entirely because it's something I really can't stand and have difficulty taking seriously.

To some degree that's my demeanor towards all id types. My "id side" is either not very present in my psyche, or is very repressed. Following personal desires and whatnot is something I have grown to distance myself from. The only id type I find myself really liking (in the abstract) is 7, as it seems driven by simple and genuine curiosity. I feel its influence much more greatly than I do 3 or 8.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Probably because it's my path of disintegration as a 6 and so I entirely devalue any presence it has in me. If there is any 3 in me, I dismiss it entirely because it's something I really can't stand and have difficulty taking seriously.

To some degree that's my demeanor towards all id types. My "id side" is either not very present in my psyche, or is very repressed. Following personal desires and whatnot is something I have grown to distance myself from. The only id type I find myself really liking (in the abstract) is 7, as it seems driven by simple and genuine curiosity. I feel its influence much more greatly than I do 3 or 8.
I'm for sure aware of the two presence within me. I don't like it, but I'm aware. I actually have a harder time acknowledging the one.

Yes, there's a lot I relate to about seven as well. As you can see, it's my third highest score (but with a fair gap between five and seven). A lot of the seven-ish things just seem very sexual instinct to me- getting restless and bored with things, wanting to try something different that will give me a charge... But I'm also a frustration type so I relate to seven in that respect as well.

I'd say I follow personal desires, but I'm also double withdrawn, so those desires aren't so out there and extroverted like they are for the three and eight. It's more like the desire to read that book, or write that poem, etc.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Both those tests are so ambiguous. For most of those questions I second-guessed them. And they're inconsistent; I got wildly divergent results on each of them, despite taking them only minutes apart. The second test especially: I'm not sure if it truly is testing motivations, or just behavior, because I scored highly as a 5... yet again.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,593 Posts

Well, it got one my fixes right with the wrong wing. Maybe it helps a little bit but serious self study is the best way of determining type I think humbly. I always score high on 5 which I think just relates to my sp/so stacking, more reclusive, watching society from a distance sort of thing, overlaps with 5. And 4w3 makes better sense really. Interesting though nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts