Discussion Starter #1
I am not going to law school. I am thinking about-

magazine journalism
sociology
English

·
Registered
79 Posts
Out of the ones that you are interested in, sociology would probably be the best choice.

The ones that I have thought about and I believe fit very well are history or economics. I thought I had more, I guess not :/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, there are a lot of minors that would fit well. You should probably chat with your academic advisor, or go to the political science department of your university and talk with them.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hm. I'm a Poli Sci major too, but I'm going to law school. Have you thought about having a business minor? That's what I'm doing.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm. I'm a Poli Sci major too, but I'm going to law school. Have you thought about having a business minor? That's what I'm doing.
I really, really do/did not want to be a business major/minor. It seemed like it would only help you start your own business(which I don't really want to do) or get a boring corporate job.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well, that's not necessarily true. I think it's pretty important to have at least a little business background if everything falls through and you have to take a desk job or what have you.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Sociology would be good. Some others to consider would be economics, philosophy, english, a foreign language, and/or some sort of energy/environment subject.

Not sure what year you are, but you can probably pull of 1 or 2 of the above.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
What's your goal for when you get out of college?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I really, really do/did not want to be a business major/minor. It seemed like it would only help you start your own business(which I don't really want to do) or get a boring corporate job.
Whaaa? SO not true! As a political science major, you must realize what a huge role business plays in the political landscape. I think understanding how business works will help you understand their motives and functioning, and the enormous role they play in our capitalist society.

Also, business is such a broad field that it does not have to be paper-pushing if you don't want it to be. I think marketing and sales are actually really fun! Lots of human interaction, strategizing, and psychology involved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts