Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father is ESTJ and my mom ESFJ. But... I think the perfect parents for any ENTJ would be ENFJ dad and ESFJ mom. Idk, just my opinion.

·
Registered
792 Posts
My father is ESTJ and my mom ESFJ. But... I think the perfect parents for any ENTJ would be ENFJ dad and ESFJ mom. Idk, just my opinion.
Two Fe doms sounds really frustrating to me. I have an ESFJ sister (we no longer speak) and an ENFJ brother that I have difficulty getting along with.

For me, my IxTP father and ESTJ mother balanced each other perfectly. Dominant thinkers and feeling inferior meant I was always in good company.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two Fe doms sounds really frustrating to me. I have an ESFJ sister (we no longer speak) and an ENFJ brother that I have difficulty getting along with.

For me, my IxTP father and ESTJ mother balanced each other perfectly. Dominant thinkers and feeling inferior meant I was always in good company.
Wow, that went bad. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't get along with any F of my age.

I think assertives ones are vulnerable to have a fight even if they are T or F...
But at some point I really need a break of every person, one at time.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm not an ENTJ, but I imagine, that any Gamma parents would work well, if healthy (not just physically, but mentally). That means ENTJ, INTJ, ESFP, ISFP. ENTJ's PoLR function is Si, therefore I would exclude ISxJs and ESxJs.

Reactions: d00p

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I have an unhealthy ISTJ father (misogynist) and an unhealthy ENFJ mother (feminist - albeit with some conservative views).

I think in a world where sexism is rampant, an ENTJ girl would do well with a TJ mother and an NP father. My own father's TJ was crippling, especially during the formative teenage years. It reduced my self-esteem to zero. Had I not removed myself from the picture, I would have no doubt found a male partner just like him (every abusive way) and ended up wasting a huge chunk of my life being in some drug induced sex for profit ditch somewhere.

I mean, I'm sure I would've gotten out eventually, but it would've been such a waste of my life and I'd certainly would need some sort of therapy.

Having a feminist mother was great, but her FJ-ness is too much. Everything is a complaint. Basically the ingredients for low self-esteem central.

Reactions: Cobble and d00p

·
Registered
427 Posts
ENFJ and INTJ or ENFP and INTJ i'd say.

Reactions: HGy

·
Banned
710 Posts
Having been raised by an Fe dominant mother, not knowing my biological father (may have been estp) and having several pseudo-fathers for the majority of my childhood definitely did not give me great views toward parents and parenting. My ISTJ step-father since I was 13 had been a big influence in my life and probably the reason I didn't turn into a total fuck up. If the choice could have been mine, I would have chosen parents with less emotional instability and more grounded thinkers.

Reactions: Cobble

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't really pick your parents. Or your kids for that matter. I find it funny that many wouldn't like ENTJ parents. At least you never deal with a lot of uncertainty with an ENTJ dad. Just plenty of lectures, daily interviews and the feeling that you're always being observed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts