Votes: 2 1.8%
  • INFP

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I would say ESTJ. I can imagine an ESTJ being a great interrogator. They have a strong presence and a no bs attitude which is kind of commanding and intimidating at the same time but they can also come accross warm and the Te doms I know have a genuine aversion to foul play and care about fair play. Good with details. Ability to focus on facts. Great poker face.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Isn't Sherlock Holmes an INTP? That's my answer.

Reactions: Teya

·
Registered
826 Posts
most detectives are probably XSTJ. but for more complicated cases they would come short. most cases are easy and rutine. with their consistency they are an obvious resource for policework. intuitives would get bored quickly.
in a complicated case you would need an introverted intuitive thinker to come up with theories, an extroverted thinker to act upon them and an extroverted feeler to deal with suspects and interrogation.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
ISTJ most likely. Si-dom for sure.

Reactions: bearotter and BleaK

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd say ISTP would make the best detective, overall. Se needed for observation in a crime scene, yet the Ni isn't repressed to put things together. The analysis skills being tremendous.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It's interesting that people are saying ENTP because I personally would be really bad about it. I'd get too caught up in why the person did this and not pay any attention to how.

I voted for INTJ, because I feel like Ni would be useful, but most INFJ's wouldn't have the stomach for it. They would get too emotionally invested in the victims (It can be good to be emotionally invested, just not in all situations).

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
ISTP

Agree that Ni would be useful, but Ni dominant memory is too shaky. l have actually witnessed more than one mentally sound INxJ create a false memory based on real events and believe it on more than occasion. That is to say, recall something vividly that never happened , rather just neglect to recall details :crazy:

Se/Ni, Ni in the tert is enough to consider implications of data collected without distorting it.

Reactions: QrivaN and zenity
1 - 20 of 35 Posts