Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She’s pretty close on the S/N, so I’m going to ask for insights on both. I’m sure she’ll love anyway I do it, so let’s avoid those comments. I know some prefer momentous, others like things very intimate; I’m not quite so sure with her. Give me a ball part of the type of proposal (ie: surprise, family around, private dinner, big show), I’m more than creative enough to figure out the rest ;P

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
So instead of using knowledge gained from actually being around the person or talking to maybe some family and/or friends that know the person...your idea is to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet? You ought as well walk into you local Walmart and ask random people how you should proposed because that's basically what you are doing bro...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’re right, I plan on throwing out everything I know for exactly what’s stated here… How are you not Sensing type? Troll elsewhere simpleton dickwad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You’re not being honest, you’re assuming I’m ignorant and trying to paint such a picture. I’m asking because why the fuck wouldn’t I do as much research as possible? Not because I’m clueless. I have a pretty good idea already. It’s called diligence. I’m trying to make it all as magical as possible.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am being honest. You are assuming that I am assuming you are ignorant. I'd just say it and move on. Your research method here on these subforums is flawed on a fundamental level. Besides MBTI having NOTHING to do about this in the first place you are saying she is close to S/N when that's not how MBTI works bro. It's cognitive functions so ENFJ (Fe, Ni, Se, Ti) and ESFJ (Fe, Si, Ne, Ti) are one letter off but have two COMPLETELY different perceiving functions.Even if MBTI did have something to do with it: 1.) You don't even know what type she is 2.) You are asking strangers on a subforum who may be from a different country, have different values or just be in high school 3.) Who may or may not be mistyped 4.) Even if they were the same type what insight could they give for a person they have never met and know nothing about? ENFJs (hell all of the 16 types) are individuals first. We share a similar preferred cognition process. That's it. Contrary to popular belief we are not a hive mind. One ENFJ =/= All ENFJs The "sample" for you research here on the forums is SO broad it's basically just liking going to Wal-Mart and asking for insight. Hell at least at Wal-Mart you guys are from the same country and, loosely, have similar beliefs. Not only that then you filter out the most logical response one could give aka "she'll love anyway you do it" If you are really trying to make this whole thing "as magical as possible" you sure did pick a crappy way to do it here on these forums. Tbh you would have likely gotten better results going to the "sex and relationships" subforums because MBTI literally has NOTHING to do with this. If you aren't going to go to family, friends, etc. for insight then you best bet would have been looking up creative ways people have proposed in your preferred search engine. Your sample would have been more "narrow" and likely yielded better results. I don't know how seriously you are taking this proposal and/or potential marriage (nor do I care tbh) but there are better resources available for this type of this and you picked a flimsy one AT BEST. You can do better...so do better.

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
She’s pretty close on the S/N, so I’m going to ask for insights on both. I’m sure she’ll love anyway I do it, so let’s avoid those comments. I know some prefer momentous, others like things very intimate; I’m not quite so sure with her. Give me a ball part of the type of proposal (ie: surprise, family around, private dinner, big show), I’m more than creative enough to figure out the rest ;P
I am an ENFJ and I'm not that down with MBTI, so I can only give personal commentation. My current bf asked me to marry him and he actually did it over the phone. Not that suave but still sweet. Next time I saw him he bought me a dozen red roses and took me to buy a ring. (Of course I said yes.) He is an ESFJ. Getting asked like that was perfect for me. I didn't mind that it was over the phone either as our relationship started out mostly over the phone for like a year, and it takes a lot of pressure off on how you react to the proposal. We still haven't gotten married, (my family is kind of against it and there are other considerations against it) but in spirit i said yes and it's like we are married anyway.Been together 7-8 years now. I still remember getting those roses and how great I felt when i would look at them in their vase, and I liked that he took me to pick out a ring as I am really fussy with what kind of jewelry I will wear.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oh man, that was some hard, well-reasoned truth from Robert, even if it came off as harsh... but also I think it’s super sweet you’re going though as many channels as you can to make it special for her, that shows a lot of love. Even if it is generic, it’s true that any way you do it will be special, because in the end it’s just a symbolic gesture, a tradition that will lead to a bigger union wherein you’ll have to put the true work, time, love, etc. that being said, any gesture that I know someone put heart, thought and time into is really special. Incorporating something special about her, something she loves, or something you mutually love or shared in throughout your relationship would be nice. I feel like I’d be able to smell a proposal a mile a way, so if you truly want it to be a secret, you might have to be creative (individuals are different of course) (I’m not the biggest fan of surprises where attention is thrust on me. I don’t know how your girlfriend feels about scenarios where all eyes would be on her? From that consideration you can narrow down whether or not it should be a public or intimate proposal). Other than that, follow your gut about the situation. Be a little more creative than the ring in the soufflé and you’ll be solid!! I have a fantasy about a proposal scavenger hunt, where clues go to different locations, but that’s a pretty lofty expectation for the future Mr.BatFlap

Reactions: intellilogic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The previous girl was an INFJ, they’d want something small and intimate; just the two of you. An ENTJ girl would be more inclined to something on a grand scale. There are basic things about how we deal with and enjoy things. I’ve been studying human behavior and MBTI for quite some time. There are insights to be gained. So you tell me that you don’t necessarily want a shock surprise, but you want some suspense and anticipation; which is what I’ve gathered from ENFJs so far. She’s head over heals for me, there’s no way I could fuck it up, I’m just trying to make as awesome and memorable as possible. xNxJ, long term planner putting a lot of thought into things... I think

Robert made some really foolish and dangerous assumptions and didn’t contribute anything. Nothing was learned there. I am of course consulting her friends and family in all of my diligent efforts. Here’s what I know so far …her family doesn’t know her for shit; she’d tell you that. He friends have 50% of a clue. I know her best, but I want to know more. Most people don’t even know themselves well. Familial connections are very relative and it’s not uncommon people hide themselves from the people they can’t hide from; meaning family. People (especially sensing people) get this baked in idea of who someone is and they don’t want to accept that they’ve grown or could be someone different from who they want them to be. In short, he assumed many things, created me to be his assumption and then argued against the strawman of me. These are really basic logical fallacies he’s in violation of. These are things that make me thing he’s actually most defiantly sensing. By stating that he had good points in reference to me, that means you bought into the version of my that he created... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I know what I’m going to do is going to be perfect, this is a part of that process. I have no problems being creative, I don’t need ideas, I need personality nuances that I may have missed with my hammer slam ENTJ personality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts